The Software Development Engineer translates requirements into code, completes programming, and performs testing and debugging, ensuring adherence to defined engineering processes. You will propose improvements in design and processes.
- Designs, develops, debugs and modifies components of software applications and tools.
- Drive technical direction at the application/product level for small to mid-sized projects.
- Designs, specs, schedules and provide quality implementation of a component or feature (typically 1-3 months in duration).
- Provides alternative solutions to a given problem.
- Resolves problems and roadblocks as they occur, sometimes with management assistance. Follows through on details and drives issues to closure.
- Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
- Actively participates in group technology reviews to critique work of self and others.
- Works collaboratively with all members of technical staff.
- Collaborate with program management and testing peers in the development of assigned components.
- Participates in and provides input to requirements definition.
- Usually provides solid judgment calls and tradeoff analysis.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT, or equivalent
Fluent in English
Work Experience and Education Guidelines:
Experience with the following skill sets – J2EE, Spring Framework, Maven, Sybase/MySQL/SQL, XML, Servlets, Design Patterns, UML, Apache, Tomcat, XHTML, PHP4 and PHP5
Knowledge of CVS/SVN version control tools.
Desired experience: SOAs, Agile methodologies and approach, Akamai related technologies
Desired knowledge: SEO problems and constraints and User Centered Design concepts
- Required: Strong design and coding skills in Java/C++ and PHP technologies
- Effective communication and quality orientation skills are also required.
Expedia - 3 anni fa
Offerte di lavoro personalizzate