Amazon.com
3,5 su 5 stelle.
Ricevi aggiornamenti settimanali, nuove offerte di lavoro e recensioni

Recensioni dei dipendenti Amazon.com - Ashburn, VA

Titolo
Località
15 recensioni corrispondenti alla ricerca.
Leggi tutte le 70.694 recensioni
Ambiente lavorativo
Amazing company to grow as an IT professional. Started here with no IT background and in less than a year I learnt so much about Networking and Data centers from the countless amazing colleagues who will stop at nothing to teach you as much you want to learn
Ambiente lavorativo
When working at Amazon, you have the opportunity to climb the company ladder pretty simply. I worked there for almost a year which would have allowed me advancement opportunities. Everyone I worked with was respectful and wanted me to succeed.
Advancement, Special Promotions
Can be boring at times
Ambiente lavorativo
I worked there for almost a year and got fired because my manager changed so much rules and shifts pick that many people got fired for no reason. Horrible benefits, horrible management, horrible HR management. And people that work there longer will treat you like you are just a kid that have no meaning,people also try the most to make you lose your job, so they can get the promotions and control the manager. If you are looking for a job that'll give a future, DONT WORK FOR AMAZON.
Payment
Benefits, managment
Ambiente lavorativo
Many opportunities for employees to advance or move. Good benefits and pay for job roles. Arbitrary lengths of time between promotions discourages advancement from lower levels. Many entry level FC jobs (receive, stow, pick, pack) are dull.
Excellent compensation
Arbitrary time between promotions, Some FA1 positions dull
Ambiente lavorativo
Not a good place to work. A flawed culture that puts the bottom line over the mental well being of it's employees. Raises are non existent and the management utilizes subterfuge to ensure the bottom line stays low.
Short breaks, Healthcare, Pay structure
Questa recensione è stata utile?
Valuta il tuo ultimo datore di lavoro
Condividi la tua esperienza per aiutare gli altri
Ambiente lavorativo
At the beginning of each shift, we started with a turnover meeting. Depending on how your zone did these and who was turning over to you determined its either high value or redundancy of the meeting. The culture is great once you're in. My troubleshooting skills have become top notch thanks to great field leads and our team's chemistry. Each team and zone lead runs things differently and independent to the team yet cohesive to the zone. They have some amazing managers; I was lucky to be with some of them and have them push me thoroughly. Where some other leads are incredibly non-motivated it was confusing why they were managers at all, or it was a lead role they were pushed to.
Aspetti positivi
Great to take troubleshooting skills to an advanced level
Aspetti negativi
not many techs stay in amazon over 4 years, it's known and is used as an individual benchmark
Ambiente lavorativo
If you ever get hurt at amazon you can guarantee them giving you the run around. By the time you talk to anyone from this country you are given the run around. Just go see your doctor because you will be offered Tylenol. You are almost guaranteed to not get your break on most days.
Aspetti positivi
Great pay and you can get free food sometimes.
No breaks
Ambiente lavorativo
Amazon Web Services is a fast pace and hard working environment. Typical work days are 8 hours minimum up to 16 hours depending on the day. Most of their sites are not centrally located so there's always a commute. Overall compensation package is good (salary, bonus, stocks) but salary /hr pay by itself is not.
overall compensation package
Aspetti negativi
not centrally located, lack of advancement. hourly / salary rates
Ambiente lavorativo
I have worked with the company before and the experience was good but it was unfortunate that I was given enough time to explore my skills before the contract period ended.
Ambiente lavorativo
Loved this place, just couldnt fit it into my lifestyle at the time with a newborn baby, had to make an important decision to leave one of my dream jobs.
Ambiente lavorativo
Amazon is a company that has a wide range of job opportunities in both the retail side and tech side of the business world. The tech side is growing very quickly. It looks for the best candidates and encourage career grow in a competitive atmosphere.
Great pay.
Aspetti negativi
Needs to embrace standardize training over "tribal knowledge" training.
Ambiente lavorativo
Was a Data Center Tech at AWS in Ashburn. I Learned how to Isolation Test faulty components, Perscribe Repairs via Ticketing system, and Taking very good notes so that the next deployed agent could see exactly where I left off. Very Collaborative, Fun, but also Cut-Throat
Fun
easy to fall behind
Ambiente lavorativo
Amazing place to work in my opinion. Due to the volatile nature of the Industry, one slip can cost your career. I am very blessed to have had the experience, and I do see myself pursuing further opportunities with Amazon later in life. First, I must broaden and expand my experience
Ambiente lavorativo
Typical day at work :• Supporting team of Electrical Engineers and Mechanical Engineers responsible for safe and reliable data center operation. • Perform and supervise preventive maintenance and calibration of data center equipment and systems. • Schedule and supervise HVAC, generator, and electrical systems maintenance. • Upgrade and utilize Data Center HVAC system to meet requirements. • Operating and monitoring data center critical functions in order to meet Service Level. • Responding to emergency alarms and dispatching help. • Monitoring alarms from BMS, PRITCHETT and POWERLOGIC control systems. • Handling any issues related to Building Management System (BMS), Data Center AHU, CRAC units and Chillers.
Ambiente lavorativo
Definitely. I was a Hardware technician who had a chance to try different roles within the company.