Amazon.com
3,5 su 5 stelle.
Ricevi aggiornamenti settimanali, nuove offerte di lavoro e recensioni

Recensioni dei dipendenti Amazon.com per Data Engineer

Titolo
Località
20 recensioni corrispondenti alla ricerca.
Leggi tutte le 70.694 recensioni
Ambiente lavorativo
I cannot talk to much about my job here but I will say that they are a motivated company with much potential and many things still to accomplish.
Ambiente lavorativo
- it really depends on what team you are on to explain your experience. My team is awesome, but that being said there are are still a lot of problems with amazon that make my experience just ok. Amazon is an employee factory. You will put in time, do your work, they will pay you and then you will leave. If amazon needs you to work more you will.
Aspetti positivi
Interesting Projects, a lot of responsibility, a lot of areas to learn
Aspetti negativi
poor wlb, terrible publicity about factory employees, very demanding culture, hard to get promoted
Ambiente lavorativo
AMAZON AWS has so much potential in ireland it is a shame it is led by fear at the top. There are some good people there that work very hard but it largely goes unnoticed as the promotion standards are constantly moved. If you aren't saving aws 100's of thousands a year from ideas that cost nothing to implement all ideas and suggestions are not considered. If you are young and looking for experience in the data centre industry, and don't mind shift for the next 7 or 8 years then it could be a valuable experience. If you have lots of experience and would expect to be in a day role within a year or 2, please don't believe the hr when they tell you it will happen. They are expanding rapidly throughout ireland but the real reason there is always jobs available is because of huge turnover in the data centre teams. In some cases people aren't even bothering to stay more than a few weeks.
Aspetti positivi
Free food for shift, shares, sign on bonus
Aspetti negativi
Shift is poorly laid out, bad semior managment, lower salary than competitors.
Ambiente lavorativo
Like many people, I accepted a job at Amazon because COVID caused my previous employer to almost go under and to do mass layoffs. Amazon has been grabbing up a lot of talent that left these smaller companies during the pandemic, since they're in such a good position to benefit financially from all of it.The reality though? Amazon's rapid shift to allowing almost everyone to work from home meant they had to re-purpose all of the "local I.T." staff as phone and chat help desk people. The current thinking in the company is that they'll never go back to the old business model of in person walk up support for computer issues. That's had a lot of side effects, including essentially dismantling the former audio-visual department and trying to cross-train them on I.T. support while I.T. learns how to do their jobs.It feels like procedures and processes change almost weekly, so you're often expected to review document daily at the start of your shift doing support, in case they changed something critical to how you provide that support. Combined with so many proprietary support tools (because Amazon really likes to build its own solutions rather than adopting industry standards sold by competitors), it can literally make one's head hurt trying to get a handle on everything and keep up with it. Meanwhile, the "numbers" people are constantly adopting more "metrics" and rules they want to apply to maximize efficiency.If you're someone who was only looking for a dead-end help-desk job to do for a year or two, Amazon might seem tempting. They offer good health insurance benefits and - altro...
Aspetti positivi
Pay and benefits are competitive
Aspetti negativi
Lots of talk about work/life balance that isn't really true. Super stressful.
Ambiente lavorativo
I like working for Amazon. The people were friendly and it was planned very well. Working in South Africa was a wonderful experience and the people there were really nice. I've no idea why you've made me fill in this review as a compulsory component of my indeed application.
Questa recensione è stata utile?
Valuta il tuo ultimo datore di lavoro
Condividi la tua esperienza per aiutare gli altri
Ambiente lavorativo
No standards could be said. Workers are just robots in the eyes of management. directors and corporate workers are way too disconnected of what actually goes on in the trenches. No support from anyone.
stock
Aspetti negativi
you wont stay long enough to get the RSUs
Ambiente lavorativo
I got an internship opportunity to work at Amazon, as a Data Engineer - Intern. The team that I worked for was friendly and helpful. During my internship period, I learned Business Intelligence and reporting, improved my database skills, and got hands-on experience with ETL (Extract-Transform-Load).
Aspetti positivi
The employees, who are always there to help
Work pressure
Ambiente lavorativo
Amazonians value leadership principles a lot and it shows in day to day work. Meetings start with reading 6 page documents and then people dive deep into it. A lot of thought and care is put into a project even before a single line of code is written. Very little or no bureaucracy. Great place to learn, grow and advance your career. Although working in remote sites have its own disadvantages. At times it appears that all the activity & lime light is on Seattle and remote teams have to fight it out for recognition. Other than that I have nothing bad to say about working at Amazon. People are wonderful & great to work with. Work is challenging, engaging and enriching.
Aspetti positivi
Working in cutting edge technology, scale, great people
Aspetti negativi
I can't think of anything
Ambiente lavorativo
I feel we get a lot of opportunities to work on the latest technologies to upgrade our skills. We get mentorship from managers ,colleagues and senior engineers to excel further in career.
Ambiente lavorativo
At Amazon you get to learn a lot of advance yourself in the tech industry. The work is cutting edge and I definitely learnt quite a lot from solid peers who have great knowledge.
Ambiente lavorativo
Pretty uptight with a lot of projects. If you are interested in learning more, it's the place. The AWS technology is becoming a must have skillset, so you will either willing to learn or already know the skill
Ambiente lavorativo
Amazon has a great core values, good engineers to work with, very friendly and collaborative environment, feels like start up, minimum bureaucracy, maximum results.
Ambiente lavorativo
Amazon management is very poor due to its scale. Very fewer chances to grow to a new position and required do frequent internal transfers. It may have to pay you more than others but work is always stressful and lacks in work organization.
Ambiente lavorativo
Very fun and cutting edge projects. Focused on developing talent and exploring best practices. Extremely flexible and supporyuve work environment. Best company i have worked for yet
Ambiente lavorativo
Excellent environment to work in. Associates are eager to help, and management recognizes success regularly. Generous compensation structure rewards hard work
Ambiente lavorativo
It is a great environment. worked briefly but learnt a lot about the culture. Very technically savvy people. inspired by strong leadership. New initiatives are always encouraged
Ambiente lavorativo
Do not feel comfortable saying anything due to the fact this will be public knowledge and I think its unfair due to the fact they are my current employer
Benefits/Full Time Permanent
Management/ Little or no advancement
Ambiente lavorativo
Great place to learn. A very competitive environment. Challenging problems to solve. Work with some of the sharpest minds. There will never usually be a dull day at work.
Ambiente lavorativo
The best projects with the best people. Management is awesome, office culture is incredible. Very high turnover rate. Probably the worst interview process I have ever encountered.
Ambiente lavorativo
Typical day at work :• Supporting team of Electrical Engineers and Mechanical Engineers responsible for safe and reliable data center operation. • Perform and supervise preventive maintenance and calibration of data center equipment and systems. • Schedule and supervise HVAC, generator, and electrical systems maintenance. • Upgrade and utilize Data Center HVAC system to meet requirements. • Operating and monitoring data center critical functions in order to meet Service Level. • Responding to emergency alarms and dispatching help. • Monitoring alarms from BMS, PRITCHETT and POWERLOGIC control systems. • Handling any issues related to Building Management System (BMS), Data Center AHU, CRAC units and Chillers.