AMD recensioni

Ordina per: Utilità | Valutazione | Data
1,0
Pas de management
Fraisuer (Dipendente attuale) –  Vermondans (25)13 ottobre 2019
L'employeur ne donne pas de travail en continu.
Souvent en chômage technique.
Proximité du domicile
Chomage technique
Ambiente lavorativo
Productive, comfortable environment to work and grow in
Software Developer Intern (Ex dipendente) –  Markham, ON7 ottobre 2019
The work/life balance at AMD is very good. The employees are very helpful and will help out when you have questions and need help. I had a very good time working here.
Ambiente lavorativo
AMD is a great place to learn and work with remarkable engineers
Director - Cloud Server Architect and Strategist (Ex dipendente) –  Austin, TX27 settembre 2019
AMD has been around a long time and a nearly all innovators in the silicon industry have spent some time at AMD. AMD’s engineering innovation is fantastic, while the company has occasionally suffered with management missteps. Currently the company is doing very well, but Intel is a very hard company to compete against so be realistic about your planning.
Aspetti positivi
Very good company to develop and learn from
Aspetti negativi
AMD’s long history has produced hard-to-change negative culture in some areas
DIGITAL MARKETING MANAGER (Dipendente attuale) –  Austin, TX28 agosto 2019
AMD is a good place to work. The company has made an impressive improvement in both, the market (its market share) and advancements in technologies. It is by far one of the most successful stories in the past 3 years.
Aspetti positivi
Great work/life balance, lots of freedom, and great compensation
Aspetti negativi
No advancement opportunities. Lots of "politics".
Ambiente lavorativo
Buddy system has taken over
FIRMWARE ENGINEER 2 (Dipendente attuale) –  Austin, TX20 agosto 2019
The hiring process within my team was terrible. Candidates have really no idea what position they'll get. We just went by buzz words and gut feeling when deciding to hire somebody or not. To get promoted is all about the politics rather than the work done.
1,0
Va
VA MSPV OnSite Representative (Dipendente attuale) –  Miami, FL14 agosto 2019
Not what was expected. Company needs help, superiors are not available, customers are second. Expectation is to lie to the customer in order to make AMD not look bad
Interesting work. Flexible working hours
Researcher Scientist (Ex dipendente) –  Markham, ON13 agosto 2019
I worked in NSERC based project with AMD. The work was interesting and within my research work experience and interest.
There were few meetings with the teem to check the work progress, which means I worked independently most of time.
Good working experience
Not great supervision
Inadequate resources
Member Tech Staff, PDG (Dipendente attuale) –  Austin, TX29 luglio 2019
This is the place for you if you like a disorganized, spontaneous culture with extremely limited resources. Confirm carefully anything you are told at your interview as they'll tell you anything to get you in the door.
exceptional value
Senior Staff Engineer/ Manager (Ex dipendente) –  Sunnyvale, CA19 luglio 2019
exceptional work and product line which motivates engineers to work hard and beat the competition.
CEO of the company work very hard to turn around the company.
Poor management
Intern in department of transit (Ex dipendente) –  Douala, CM18 luglio 2019
As an intern I had no salary, no compensation, no official title so I was nearly anonymous in the company. Anyway it's a big company with international partnerships.
Ambiente lavorativo
They have good ping pang tables
Senior Alliance Manager (Ex dipendente) –  Bellevue, WA16 luglio 2019
They have a good ping pang table. Everyone plays ping pang in Advance Micor Devices. Everyone is a good ping pang player. They are all happy with playping ping pang
Ambiente lavorativo
Buen ambiente depende del grupo
Auditor de control de calidad (Ex dipendente) –  Santa Catarina, N. L.2 luglio 2019
Personal a cargo es muy grosera con la gente de producción
Ninguno
Aspetti negativi
No valoran mucho el esfuerzo
Questa recensione è stata utile? 1NoSegnala
Ambiente lavorativo
Great place to make a career
Director (Ex dipendente) –  Austin, TX30 maggio 2019
Fortune 500 company that has enough room to grow quickly and make a great career. Environment is highly competitive and can be challenging at time but has many opportunities to grow and shine
Ambiente lavorativo
Great company to work for but frequent lays off affects office culture and employee morale
QA in Internal Tools Team (Ex dipendente) –  Bangalore India28 maggio 2019
Great benefits, profile of work fairly good, and good perks.
Frequent lay off affect affect office work culture and puts lot of pressure on employees at times creating negative environment. At least need to give adequate notice to employees before laying them off.
Questa recensione è stata utile? 1NoSegnala
Ambiente lavorativo
amazing work campus, great teams and basket ball court with gym
internship (Ex dipendente) –  Austin, TX15 maggio 2019
AMD has an amazing Austin Texas campus equipped with Starbucks, cafeteria, full gym, outdoor basketball courts and parking garage. It has many teams and holds it's own as a Fortune 500 company in the silicone industry
Aspetti positivi
many learning opportunities and relocation benefits
Aspetti negativi
company is not the top competitor and may continue to downsize
Questa recensione è stata utile? 1No 2Segnala
Amd
AMD Channel Sales & Marketing Representative (Ex dipendente) –  Itasca, IL12 aprile 2019
AMD is a awesome company. I truly enjoyed working there. My path to this position was earned literally from the ground up. I began selling AMD processors at a distributor with literally no market share and computer experience. I built a very large and dynamic distribution channel network in a very short amount of time. This was easily the most gratifying experience in my professional career.
The thing I enjoyed most about this job is that in this position I could use my deep understanding of my customer base to develop and pitch ideas to upper management at AMD. I developed "program concepts" that would lead to more revenue in my channel. At AMD I was able to get the audience and interest from product marketing and sales marketing to financially support my concepts. This lead to regional growth from 5 million to 20 million in my three year stint.

The culture, management and opportunities to develop at AMD are outstanding.
Career Development, Creativity, Accessibilty to top level decisioin makers
Micro Consulting Project
Product Marketing Consultant (Ex dipendente) –  Austin, TX10 aprile 2019
workers are smart and work life balance good culture, product is competitive but pay is so so. Good for people that want work life balance. Located in Austin living cost is low
work life balance
Strategic Account Sales Operations Manager (Ex dipendente) –  Austin, TX5 aprile 2019
Wok life balance is dependent on role and quarterly goals.
If an account is short of goal, rest of organization must make up balance to attain corporate goal.
visibility
stressful
Overall positive experience
Software Development Intern (Ex dipendente) –  Boston, MA29 marzo 2019
Working at AMD as a full time intern was one of the most efficient uses of my time. I was able to complete a lot of research and become a leading professional in the field of machine learning.
Well paid
Consistently Inconsistant
Supply Chain Specialist I (Dipendente attuale) –  Austin, TX26 marzo 2019
Your overall work-load and career advancement opportunities really depend on what team you are a part of in Global Ops and what your rank is. After being hired at the most entry-level position in the Product Planning group, I was eager to work and take on new tasks, get recognized, and move up quickly. I felt that the first manager I had did not support my ambitions and actually tried to restrict me from taking on more responsibility. After 3 months I had a new manager and she seemed a little more invested in finding opportunities for me to grow, but I have also had 3 different directors in the span of 1.5 years and they have all seemed relatively unconcerned with helping me move up.

I am constantly frustrated by the lack of process documentation and standardization across the company which makes the random, urgent requests difficult to accomplish and to measure one's performance against. The days are unpredictable. You could be spending an entire day trying to find productive things to do or you could be bombarded with requests that keep you from doing your daily tasks and then have last minute evening (and morning) calls with the team in Taiwan.
Aspetti positivi
Flexible working hours, casual work environment
Aspetti negativi
Randomly urgent stressful tasks, lack of recognition/appreciation
Pagina gestita dall'azienda

Vuoi saperne di più su lavorare qui?

Fai una domanda su lavoro e colloqui presso AMD. La nostra comunità è pronta a rispondere.

Fai una domanda