Ricevi aggiornamenti settimanali, nuove offerte di lavoro e recensioni

Recensioni dei dipendenti AMD per Senior Design Engineer

Titolo
Senior Design Engineer9 recensioni
Località
Tutte
9 recensioni corrispondenti alla ricerca.
Leggi tutte le 498 recensioni
3,0
Ambiente lavorativo
Paying low and less diversity of products
AMD is paying employee pretty low, and the stock compensation is very low. When I was in AMD, AMD is not doing very well, so the working experience is not very good to me. But, overall, this company is very good at management and motivating people.
Good company
Can be stressful depending on who runs the project but all in all a good place to work. Location and campus is overall a nice place. Good benefits and good people.
1,0
Ambiente lavorativo
Beware! It depends on the team you are on!
The Toronto site typically doesn't pay much as the other established companies in the Semiconductor space, so that is a massive disadvantage. Furthermore, the quality of your work and life, in general, will be dependent on how your team is like. During my experience at AMD, my team was very detached and people didn't talk to each other. You would only be approached for questions or concerns related to work. A typical day would be just working for 12 hours (no overtime pay) on your computer desk and heading back home.
Furthermore, I was hired for position X, but on my first day, the position was switched to Y, even though my expertise lied in position X. I was told to wait for 1.5-2 years before I can transition to position X. That was just abysmal on AMD's part! Steer clear of some of the teams in Toronto - I have heard the work culture in the States is generally better! Most of the people hired in this office are UofT students (as part of a 12-16 month PEY program) and for them, this is the best company in the world - this is just because many of them don't get an opportunity to visit other parts of North America (as an intern) and try other professions/tech companies. The company is making strides forwards but barely any of that could be attributed to the Canadian office!
Aspetti negativi
Ambiente lavorativo
Highly team oriented environment provided a crash course in layout
Best part of the job was the teamwork atmosphere, all questions were welcome and indeed encouraged.

Tight deadlines working on multiple technodes in multiple development environments allowed me to develop a diversity of skills.

A downside of the frenetic pace was that it didn't permit much time for reflection or planning and executing career development goals.
good work
gud work but project cancels frequently.
Work-life balance is fine.
Aspetti positivi
work life balance
Aspetti negativi
job security
Questa recensione è stata utile?
Valuta il tuo ultimo datore di lavoro
Condividi la tua esperienza per aiutare gli altri
Ambiente lavorativo
Good Work with lot of learning scope
I have joined AMD some time back and in these days I feel that there's lot of learning opportunities. Team mates are extremely co-operative and open to discussions.
Good work
Job security is not gud as company financial condition is not so good
pretty good
a typical day at work
what you learned

management

your co-workers

the hardest part of the job

the most enjoyable part of the job

3,0
Ambiente lavorativo
Exciting work but less job security
Work is challenging hence exciting
Professional co-workers

Facing tough times while adapting to post PC era
Pagina gestita dall'azienda
Scopri l'ambiente lavorativo di questa azienda!
Chiedi informazioni su lavoro e colloqui presso AMD. I nostri utenti sono pronti ad aiutarti!
Valutazione complessiva