Applied Materials
Ricevi aggiornamenti settimanali, nuove offerte di lavoro e recensioni

Recensioni dei dipendenti Applied Materials per Process Engineer

Titolo
Process Engineer17 recensioni
Località
Tutte
17 recensioni corrispondenti alla ricerca.
Leggi tutte le 879 recensioni
Ambiente lavorativo
Overall I loved working here. The internship was an amazing experience where I got to grow as a scientist and learn about industry. I loved that I had my own project that allowed me to directly impact experimental design. Only cons were work/life balance and one of my managers was a serious micro manager which is not my preferred management style. My other manager was laid back and perfect though.
Aspetti positivi
Great people, great location, opportunities to grow as a scientist, opportunity to head my own project
Aspetti negativi
Micro manager boss, work/life balance.
Ambiente lavorativo
Great Experience working there. Learnt a lot and worked with some great people. A fairly calm and positive working atmosphere.In general I would have to recommend the company.
2,0
Ambiente lavorativo
Least caring company I have ever worked for. Long contracts, no benefits and little guarantee of being hired after. Management hurries the manufacturing process and ignores obvious engineering mistakes.
2,0
Ambiente lavorativo
Some departments are okay to work for. Other departments are known for burning through engineers. Be careful which group you choose. Also know that the industry goes through cycles and bad times can get really depressing.
Questa recensione è stata utile?
Valuta il tuo ultimo datore di lavoro
Condividi la tua esperienza per aiutare gli altri
1,0
Ambiente lavorativo
It is a lousy company to work for including the lousy management that they do not know how to manage
I quit the company because of its management not because of the company
Ambiente lavorativo
Applied provided a dynamic place to work with plenty of opportunities to expand capabilities and learn new technologies. Needs more words than what was said distinctly.
Ambiente lavorativo
it is a good company for fresh students and experience folks. Most of company are running good business and have very strong development technology. Products are the state of the art.
早上跟上級主管開會報告,下午到客戶端替客戶打雜,晚上回家還得交當天報告。生活工作時間不對等挺累人的。
Ambiente lavorativo
Stressful job, honest people, new management.
Typical day at work:

Process development

Technical troubleshooting

Meeting with customers and account teams

Preparing presentation materials

Communicating with internal teams
Ambiente lavorativo
I liked the people and the culture. The group I was in ran lean, so jobs were fairly safe, even during down-turns. I learned a lot about efficient data analysis and experimental design.
Ambiente lavorativo
Pro:
Good working culture;

Good job security and fast pace

Competitive income

Con:

Tough work-life balance

Sometimes chaos in top management

No free lunch
Ambiente lavorativo
I had 2 different positions there and the people I interacted with were great. The work was fulfilling, the salary and benefits were good too.
Aspetti positivi
I enjoyed the people, money and atmosphere
Aspetti negativi
The semiconductor industry has left the area
3,0
Ambiente lavorativo
The work always offers a challenge and more to do and learn, but learning is hindered by a lack of institutional learning. Each department reinvents the wheel for so much of what they do. This is exacerbated by management requiring such a high volume of work (typical day is 12 hours or more).
Ambiente lavorativo
Great people, good mentors. I was brought up to speed and given many opportunities and ownership. There are many learning, training, and career development opportunities available.
Subsidized food
Not any
Ambiente lavorativo
Applied Materials' culture could be broken down into subcultures per business unit and functional group. It could range from extremely hectic, with challenging deadlines and minimal support to stable and calm, working at your own pace.

That being said, the company has something for everyone.
Ambiente lavorativo
Managing Varian's Solar Applications Lab was extremely dynamic and provided new and interesting challenges. Position required flexibility, transparency and ability to manage multiple projects at the same time while trying to satisfy both internal and external customers. Key activities were customers demonstrations and process transfer of BKM's to field applications team and customers.
Aspetti positivi
Ability to make an impact and help drive new technology into the market
Aspetti negativi
Management reduced development efforts too soon
Ambiente lavorativo
I'm only an intern so my experience may be atypical. I thought working at Applied Materials was really exhilarating. I was allowed to determine the course of my research and my suggests were wholeheartedly heeded and acted upon. Safety considerations are much more stringent than in the University, though. I was included in cross unit meetings and collaborations. All in all the experience was very affirming and I gained a great deal of practical knowledge.