Guess
3.7 su 5 stelle.
Ricevi aggiornamenti settimanali, nuove offerte di lavoro e recensioni

Guess recensioni

UtilitàValutazioneData
Stai visualizzando tutte le 2,421 recensioni

Ambiente lavorativo dinamico

Recensione in evidenza su Indeed

La recensione più utile secondo Indeed
Esperienza da stagista molto formativa e stimolante

Sales Associate

Hated working there. You are basically locked into certain location for hours and hours. Sometimes, you do need to walk around and need rotation, but wasn't a thing at Guess. Manager was okay but never felt welcomed by other staffs. Whenever I asked questions, although they did answer, but the way they answer; tone or facial expression they were using made me feel so stupid.

Nothing really

Pretty much everything
Ambiente lavorativo

Overall not worth working here, not a good work environment

Not a bad job in itself pretty easy work and the employee discount is pretty good but the management is poor mostly passing off tasks to associates not doing things they should be. Very inconsistent scheduling and very stressful environment to be in retail is stressful alone but management makes it stressful to do tasks and very hypocritical and contradicting information when completing tasks. New employees making more then old employees who deserve raises just overall not worth your time unless corporate does something about this stores management and how things are running there.

good discounts, easy work

Aspetti negativi

bad management, unhealthy work environment, strict dress code, unfair pay

Guess

It was okay I don’t have much to say it was a long time ago. I also did not work with them very long after the holiday season hours dropped. Pay was low.

Do not work for customer service in LA HQ

Do not work for customer service in headquarters in LA . They will work you to the ground. Strict on sales and hitting all the key points of their quality control form you have to follow. Nothing makes management happy there is always something they want you to do or change about your customer service approach. You have to have minimal after call time under 2min or you may be messaged to wrap it up if there are calls holding. Customers can be brutal since this is more of a high end company. Pay and benefits are great. Gym onsite and cafe.

Aspetti positivi

Pay, benefits, gym on site

Aspetti negativi

Poor Management, no growth opportunity, office politics
Questa recensione è stata utile?

Valuta il tuo ultimo datore di lavoro

Condividi la tua esperienza per aiutare gli altri

Not bad

Learned a lot- the managers were always awesome The pay wasn’t the greatest but the environment made it all worth it, over all it was a great first management job
Ambiente lavorativo

fun when I was a high school student

I worked at their store when I was in high school and I had a great time whenever I was free to come to work and make some extra cash. I worked on Black Friday and it was a crazy but fun time.
Ambiente lavorativo

The district managers were great and very supportive. Work life balance was better than some retail companies, but still not ideal. Unfortunately the area I managed a store did not have any neighboring stores for a few hours so I received very little support when staffing issues occurred.

Pay rate

lack of training

Empresa horrivel

Horrivel gerente sem atitude gerencial, supervisor mal educado e sem educação. Empresa quer te obrigado a trabalhar 12 horas e não paga hora extra, é só tem vez ou se você sair com o supervisor que adora "pegar"as funcionárias da loja e nem faz questão de esconder ou disfarçar! Horrivel loja e sua politica,cheio de pessoas despreparadas para os cargos responsaveis

Nenhum

Todos

Falta de compromiso

He estado trabajando casi dos meses ahi. Más que suficiente. No han sido capaces de darme ninguna nomina ni de enseñarme mi contrato de trabajo ( y sin haberlo firmado). Las horas complementarias te las meten como bolsa de horas y no te las reconocen. Una vergüenza. Lo único bueno que me llevo de esa empresa son mis compis. Por lo demás, os aconsejo que no metais ni un pie sin haber visto vuestras condiciones en un contrato.

No teamwork permitted

It's a every manger themselves work environment. Not to.mention all the employees treat new hires like they do.not bowling, and management encourages it.

Aspetti positivi

No pros, not even the employee discount...

Unstructured hours

Store Manager Guess

Over all a very disorganize company, everything is always last minute and the hours per store are very limited, so we work understaff most of the time.

Paid travel expenses

Aspetti negativi

Stores are always short on staff
Ambiente lavorativo

Boring, repetitive work throughout the day.

As a stock associate, the workday was never too enjoyable. There may be some people out there who would find joy out of repeating the same tasks over and over but it quickly gets very boring and mentally tiring. We had set goals to achieve every day, such as we have to tag a certain amount of clothes. We could not sit to tag clothes as that "promoted laziness". Had to be on our feet almost all day. The only time you would get some rest would be your 30-minute break. It felt like the higher-ups did not respect us and wouldn't give us any sort of encouragement. All they would do is critique and critique our work.

got paid for work

Aspetti negativi

no benefits, no bonuses (reserved for only sales team)
Ambiente lavorativo

Upper management is a joke

Do not work for this company!!!Waste of time and energy. District manager is a gossip queen!! They don’t respect staff, never give raise to the employees. It’s a joke.

Aspetti positivi

Staff are great and fun to work with.

Aspetti negativi

Unethical, disrespectful and they do not care about you

Alright

It was a really busy store, so there was always work. A lot of multitasking. At the time pay wasn’t great for the amount of work that you do. It was a decent job for someone was or just recently graduated high school.
Ambiente lavorativo

Have been working here for over 3 years.

I have had a long history with guess. I started as a sales associate and worked my way up to full time assistant manager over the course of 2 years. The company does compensate employees fairly. My favorite part of the job is having security with all the benefits they offer. Paid time off is really beneficial and sick time is offered for all full time employees. The discount is more progressive than anywhere I've worked. 40% off all product all the time. 50% regular price and 60% off clearance discount weekends. You also get incentives (gift cards) and bonuses if you make sales goal and shrink target. Makes it super easy to stay in dress code when you get such a good deal on the product in-store.

Aspetti positivi

Discounts, flexible scheduling, positive environment, accommodating and inclusive work experience. Lots of training to get comfortable with brand

Aspetti negativi

Work load comes in waves (sometimes a little overwhelming but not always)

Good place to work at

My first job in retail and I loved working with the company just wish they paid more. Other than that the management was always nice and I learned so much working for this company that I still carry with me to this day
Ambiente lavorativo

Poor wages, inconsistent, and poor communication

There was nothing but drama from the day that I started to the day that I left. Management is inconsistent, there was a new store manager every year. Communication is poor!!! Your store manager, district manager, regional manager are never on the same page. The current store manager won’t tell you anything and will throw you under the bus to upper management if anything goes wrong. Very unsupportive. Worked there for four years and new hires would start with higher wages than I was being paid.
Ambiente lavorativo

Management plays favoritism. Corporate doesn’t care about employees, life sucks there.

Sales associates have to do what they’re told like run errands for the district managers. Managers fire people because they dislike them. People would get hired and then sent to the back of the store because they were fat or ugly. They under train people , they don’t actually do their jobs. It’s very hard to get promoted

Aspetti positivi

You get to go home at the end of your shift. Maybe.

Aspetti negativi

You can’t be fat, you can’t be ugly, you can’t be annoying to the managers, you are forced to make people buy things they don’t want.
Ambiente lavorativo

Fast paced with strong job culture

Great management teams throughout the company, on the job training and multiple opportunities to grow within the company. Retail creates opportunities to meet new people and stand out in a selling environment.

Aspetti positivi

Various movement within the company, multiple opportunities to grow within

Aspetti negativi

No work/home balance, full time is at work for 9 hours total including lunch break.

Hours Based on performance

During my time at Guess as a Sales Associate the only issue I had as a Sales Associate was that they won't offer you a Full Time Position and If you wanted a good amount of hours, something reaching 40hs a weeks Its either if the store is understaffed or you are a top performer and they would give you more hours based on the sales you have, Its a good job as a part-time it was actually easier for me to ask for less hours to do something else with my time, good for students and a really good work environment and awesome team.

Aspetti positivi

You have fun, flexible schedule

Aspetti negativi

Not full time, minimum wage job
Questa recensione è stata utile?

Scopri l'ambiente lavorativo di questa azienda!

Chiedi informazioni su lavoro e colloqui presso Guess. I nostri utenti sono pronti ad aiutarti!Fai una domanda

Valutazione complessiva