Lidl
3.2 su 5 stelle.
Ricevi aggiornamenti settimanali, nuove offerte di lavoro e recensioni

Recensioni dei dipendenti Lidl per Customer Assistant

Ordina per

UtilitàValutazioneData
361 recensioni corrispondenti alla ricerca.Leggi tutte le 8,172 recensioni
Ambiente lavorativo

good team members + pay, but the job turns management sour and shop floor workers into zombies. Do not get sucked in!!

Recensione in evidenza su Indeed

La recensione più utile secondo Indeed
terrible work/life balance - they expect you to dedicate your life to lidl. a good team to work with, but the managers are getting worse and worse as time goes on. Deputy store manager had a severe superiority complex and was just plain rude to the majority of staff that worked "below" him. area manager went through my stores computer to gain access to my PHONE NUMBER and then proceeded to try to whatsapp me and continued to do so after I made it know that I felt uncomfortable (as he has a relationship and a baby and clearly has authority over me in my job role). guilt trips when you have to ring in sick. worked to the point of exhaustion almost every shift. management will put you on the till for your whole shift as a punishment. (understandable that they are stressed and have things to get done, but this is too far - just condescending and makes you feel like a child sat on a naughty step) TILLS - physically and mentally draining, soul destroying work. spending 8+ hours sat at the till having the same interactions with hundreds of customers a day whilst staring at the bright screen and scanning as fast as you can to 'ensure productivity' is absolutely mind numbing. Its too intense. Even after suggesting rotation etc to alternate being first till, nothing gets changed and every shift the poor customer assistant that everyone takes advantage of is sat on till 1 all shift every day. It's good pay, but honestly not worth it. Personally, I'd rather be paid half the wage and just get some of my mental stability back. I got warned that this job would 'break -
Ambiente lavorativo

Hard but very productive environment

Depends on management and the store, every store amd managers are different. It is a very hard work but they appreciate that and will reward hard workers.

Aspetti positivi

Wages, different benefits, appreciation for hard work

Aspetti negativi

Sometimes long hours, hard work

Stressful and Mentally Draining

Stressful environment, no progression regardless how hard you try, very poor management and no recognition of tasks you've completed that are above your pay grade. I've done managers jobs before as a customer assistant and received no praise. Very low work/home life balance, very early starts from 4-5am, long hours, get sent on break an hour into your shift on a 10 hour shift. The wage seems good to the eye but underpaid for what your actually expected to do and in what time frame to do it at

Leaving

Aspetti negativi

Long hours, stressful environment, understaffed, under paid, no recognition, no progression

Long hours 20 min breaks, understaffed

Shift patterns are all over the place leaving you no time for yourself or for a social life. You could be working close Shift on Monday, 10am till 5pm on Tuesday and the back in at 5am on Wednesday. Sleep becomes a thing of the past. 20 minute breaks are all you get during a day, even if you end up working 12hrs which is rare but has happened on occasions. Stores are struggling with shortages at the minute and training is non existent. Salary is OK but is not worth the amount of your life you give up in my opinion. Company doesn't care about employees.

Working at Lidl

Lidl is a company who wants to make out most of it.Even in the current situation they don't want to lose a profit, so they squeeze out from the employees as much as they can, if someone breaks they just hire someone else, as "everyone is replacable". According to the experts Lidl's gives one of the worst contracts among retail companies. Also one of the very few Businesses which don't want to recognise Union( don't be surprised why). True one of the fastest growing retail companies, what has a price and usually the workers pay for it. Lidl isn't afraid to go against they own policies or even the law, just to make sure maintain high productivity. Work/life balance is horrible. Normally employees never finish on time. And often they asked to go work early. If you want to finish on time usually you get emotional blackmailing, and easily can be targeted. They expect you to use WhatsApp as a communication tool, so you can be available 24/7. Also for any rota changes etc, what they should not, but you won't say "NO" as "You should be happy, you have a job." They describe they work as "fast paced", honestly is far over "fast paced" it's very challenging for your mental and physical health. They expect you to pull heavy pallets, what only should be moved by electric equipmentnts, but you can't use those, because you don't have a training, so instead to give you a training, they just make you to suffer.With managers you can be lucky, you can have a fair manager with good people skills on rare occasions. You hardly ever get praised, mostly told off...Conclusion:Lidl used to be a decent -

Aspetti positivi

Sightly higher salary compare the other retails

Aspetti negativi

Work/life balance, job culture, effect on health
Questa recensione è stata utile?

Valuta il tuo ultimo datore di lavoro

Condividi la tua esperienza per aiutare gli altri

Went downhill quickly

When I signed up, I thought I would be working on a part-time basis. Instead, I only ever hit my contracted hours once out of time working there and was working 40 hours a week for the majority of my last couple of months. This was compounded on by the fact that I was mainly working night shifts which took a massive toll on my mental health as my sleep pattern was ruined because I couldn't get to sleep until late and wake up late the next morning, meaning the day is basically gone at that point. Also, working late shifts essentially meant, most of the time, cleaning up all the other staff members mess, which meant that you would be finishing even later than 10:30 and be the only staff members that would stay beyond their original shift rota. Because of this, whenever I worked early shifts, my sleep pattern would be so damaged that I wouldn't get a proper night's sleep and would go to work very tired and my performance was undoubtedly impacted by this. After raising this, it was changed briefly for a few weeks, then basically set back to normal (apart from on Sundays- not a great alternative as they can be stressful at the best of times). As an explanation for the massive increase in overtime, they said it was down to staff shortages (there was), but the problem is Lidl has such a massive staff turnover that I felt that I would never be on my contracted hours if I stayed on and to be able to achieve what I wanted to. Furthermore, the work is very stressful as they set very unreasonable goals, such as wanting to work a massive pallet in 20 minutes with good rotation and quality -

Good people, Pay, 10% discount card

Aspetti negativi

Long hours. stressful, high staff turnover, too corporate, training, late finishes, early starts, unpaid breaks, only half-an hour breaks when working 8-10 hour shifts, no union recognition
Ambiente lavorativo

Rubbish company to work for in professional

Treat you like rubbish if you don't fit in with there way and treat customers and staff like rubbish.There is no customer service and managers walk around doing nothing.

Aspetti negativi

No full time jobs except managers

Good starting job

Good job to get you going in life, start making some money and learn good customer services skills. Not a set work rota so each week is different with a mix of long shifts and short shifts so you can be spontaneous and make plans on the go fairly easily. Very fast paced and some what physically demanding if you work the 5am/6am shifts. You then have to finish your jobs and do a quick tidy before the store opens.

Aspetti positivi

Up beat team, very short days, easy to book time off.

Aspetti negativi

Pressure from managers to work faster, not much recognition.

Productive workplace

I just love my store and my timLovely management. It’s hard job but every day is different. If you honestly work than is no problem. In one word Im happy to be part of Lidl family.

Demoralising.

Bad communication, management full of contradictions, it's all about the customer until productivity isn't met, then it's about reaching prod at all costs.The vast majority of managers, deputy managers, are full of self importance, preservation.

Some of the people

Aspetti negativi

The vast majority of managers.

Not a great workplace

My stint at Lidl was short, I worked there for 3 months before I found better work.During my time there, management were less than great, the General Manger was nice, but the duty managers, and shift leaders were horrible. A prominent memory was my last shift before I left, where I was belittled due to my disability and EUPD, by the shift leader.All in all, the pay is okay, the hours are rough, management is terrible, and I can't think of any positives.

more than minimum wage

Aspetti negativi

rough shift times, poor management, bad atmosphere.

Ok

Not bad just alot of stress and over working Work load is alot delivery is fast pased it's a graft every shift And there proticalls for serving on till anger most customersIt's a good pay but as I said the work loads is high and alot of work which is demeded bye manament

Staff discount

Long hours rude customers

Horrible place to work.

Management as a whole is a complete mess of unorganized baboons never again am I going to work or shop in this establishment again . Spent 2 misarble years here only to be told on a weekly bases how disposable I am at my job by store manager. Staff turnover is unbelievable in my 2 years more than 15 staff have joined and left and only 3 including my self stayed for a period of time. The work is tough but it's only made tougher by the unreasonable expectations of managers who don't have to do it them selves. Over all would not recommend

Aspetti positivi

Have the bit of craic if staff is alright

A mess of a company.

Lovely company

I was there for 3 years i had a fantastic team, just left cause was to far from my house. Well paid, is hard work but paid fair and they are really accommodating if you find a nice team is a job to stay. Kenmare Lidl is one lf the best ones to work.

Well paid

Hard work

Good workplace

Working at Lidl was a great experience. Have to admit it’s hard work however it pays well and you also receive staff discounts. Overall, it was a good job.

Staff discounts, good pay

Aspetti negativi

Hard work, very early shifts
Ambiente lavorativo

Long dull hours in an unrewarding workplace

Started off great and enthusiastic with 40 hours a week when I started off, only negative is you start at 5am most mornings with a highly stressful task of doing the bakery. The job is very repetitive and when you’re on tills all the time once you’re trained in it is incredibly draining. Having to deal with arrogant and rude customer complaints and being harassed also comes with the job and it’s expected to happen, so you must be able to take it in your stride.

Aspetti positivi

Sunday pay and early morning pay is extra

Hours always change

You're just a number.

Unfair treatment. No good bye or thank you after 2 years of service with 100% attendance.Good job but no management responsible.Wouldn't recommend
Ambiente lavorativo

Long hours, not worth it

Brand new store. The first few weeks were fine but then the 5am starts start to take a toll on you and I would dread having to work a store close because we would never be done on time and organisation was poor which meant sometimes you'd have to stay till 12:30pm. The managers would ask me to go quicker in every aspect of the job and I felt like I was being put under too much pressure for a simple job that I could do perfectly fine. They would ignore complaints when you needed help and would deliberately ignore you over the headset even when I was talking to them and looking straight at them. Management became harsh as more people left and almost every shift I would be asked to stay and do overtime. This led to not having any free time and constantly being texted and called by my managers when at home. Then there was the the long shifts and short breaks, 30 min break for a 10 hour shift was exhausting. They give you your rotas 3 weeks in advance but always change it and people called in sick everyday so don't make plans whilst you work here. They also put everyone on 20hr contracts and the pay starts at £9.20-£9.50 and to me it just wasn't worth it because I was having no free time so I decided to leave. If you want to work here please seriously consider if you want a personal life outside of working at Lidl and if you don't mind doing hard labour for not much in return.

10% discount, nice staff room, lots of training

Aspetti negativi

Long hours, early/late starts, always having to do overtime, short breaks.

Never go and work there

No support at all from anyone. Constantly pushing you to the limits. Never there to help from anyone. Cant make a good team work as your mouth must be shut and just do the work which is overwhelming every day.Cant relay in anyone. NO HR number for you if you got issues. YOU must be fit and with strong power to do pallets over 2metres high with heavy weight. They doesn't care about your circumstances if you are a single parent or with health restrictions or you need to have specific day off. Nobody is there for you and if you got an issues and they cant sort it out they will tell you to look for other job . No union at all . Plus they never pay me right money since I started. Im glad and so relief that i left that Company and my health straight away start improving so you can imagine how much stressed you are working for them. And you must know you never will finish on time!!!!!

Good pay

Ambiente lavorativo

Good company to work for

If you are thinking of working for the company, there are a few things you definitely need to consider! 1. Your flexibility - you can be starting work as early at 5am some days, and other days finishing as late at 11PM. Some days, you may be asked to cover shifts short notice due to sickness, or busy periods. 2. Meeting targets - There are targets for lots of things! For example - you will have (roughly) 30 minutes to work a pallet of stock, you will have to scan 30 items per minutes at the checkouts, you will need to ensure your till float remains £0 difference at the end of each shift. 3. Working in a team - To be able to work alongside your colleagues. Everyone there is after the same goal, as long as you are trying, you will get on just fine. The best thing about working at Lidl is that you are trained on EVERYTHING. This includes checkouts, working stock, baking, and working promo stock e.g. middle of Lidl. Some people are stronger at certain areas of the store than others, so you may find you will be doing one particular job more than another.There is a lot of opportunity to progress with your career at Lidl. As a customer assistant, if earned, you are able to take on additional responsibilities such as: becoming training mentor and training up new members of staff! When you take on these additional responsibilities, this works in your favour for when you want to progress further, for example, shift manager. In a nutshell - APPLY! It is not an easy job, but it is highly awarding. Great pay, great people, great progression. The only reason I left, was because I -

Aspetti positivi

Good pay! I was on £10.75 per hour. Good holidays, I was on 35 days per year. Good progression - opportunities to take on extra responsibility.

Aspetti negativi

Sometimes you will work long long long hours! For example, on a Sunday you can work 6AM - 6PM. If you work a close, you do not leave until all jobs are finished. Sometimes, you can be put on checkouts for many many hours, which can be tiring.

Customer Assistant

The evening and weekend work isn't shared out fairly, you sometimes don't get your contracted hours. Cleaning jobs on an evening are not shared out fairly depending on who is working, different rules apply to give the new staff the cleaning but the same shifts they will be expected to help when usually on that shift they would do it all and not have any help, you will be told to hurry up eventhough there is a constant amount of customers at the till on the Sunday. Some staff do help you, you will be serving long Ques and have a list of cleaning to do and are told not to open a till unless you're really desperate and have customers shouting at you. You will also be given more jobs to do of which you won't recieve any help, these are expected to be completed. Some of the shifts can be very unpleasant.

Aspetti positivi

Free tea and coffee, sometimes you get free things from the bake or drinks

Aspetti negativi

Atmosphere and hours of work
Questa recensione è stata utile?

Scopri l'ambiente lavorativo di questa azienda!

Chiedi informazioni su lavoro e colloqui presso Lidl. I nostri utenti sono pronti ad aiutarti!Fai una domanda

Valutazione complessiva