Lidl
3.2 su 5 stelle.
Ricevi aggiornamenti settimanali, nuove offerte di lavoro e recensioni

Recensioni dei dipendenti Lidl per Retail Sales Associate

UtilitàValutazioneData
326 recensioni corrispondenti alla ricerca.Leggi tutte le 8,172 recensioni

Ok place to work at

Recensione in evidenza su Indeed

La recensione più utile secondo Indeed
I enjoyed working with my coworkers. The environment was very fast-paced but management left little room for improvement and was constantly micromanaging

Too much stress

This job was overall very stressful and not worth the amount of pay at all. The scheduling is terrible and is not “flexible”. Literally 5 employees had quit within 2 weeks. Another employee has to train you, even though they weren’t thoroughly trained either.

Aspetti positivi

Benefits
Questa recensione è stata utile?
Ambiente lavorativo

Hard work and little praise

I worked for Lidl for approximately 2/3 years. It was very fast paced and always staff shortages. You were expected to stay behind every evening to mop the floors and empty bins and tidy round without being paid. This could sometimes take up to two hours per night if it had been a busy shift. Most shifts are very busy indeed.

Some nice Customers

Aspetti negativi

Long hours, stood up all day long

Not to bad

The pay hours were ok and you usually get the hours you need. The only issue is the work can get repetitive and not very fulfilling. If you don't mind that the job is not too terrible.

ok pay

Schedule changes
Ambiente lavorativo

Fun coworkers, annoying managers (for the most part)

It's a really cool environment. Chill coworkers make the work easy and really patient and respectful customers. Management can be annoying for the most part but there are a handful if cool managers that i like working with.

Aspetti positivi

Nice coworkers, easy work, decent pay, next to a mall

Aspetti negativi

Annoying management, tedious tests, no employee discounts
Questa recensione è stata utile?

Valuta il tuo ultimo datore di lavoro

Condividi la tua esperienza per aiutare gli altri

Horrible company!

This job was absolutely horrible. At first it started off great! As soon as our manager left, the store went downhill. Over 30 people quit or got fired within eight months. Supervisors were SUPER lazy and management could care less about you. If you slaved yourself there, they would give you six days a week meanwhile me, as a college student, would only get one or NO days a week. I was told at the interview that the store would be in rotation and you wouldn’t be stuck just doing one thing. SIKE! They kept the same people doing the same things their WHOLE shift while the rest of us had to pack out huge pallets of things and management had the nerve to time us. Management played favoritism most of the time and supervisors never wanted to help pack out anything. Supervisors were allowed to be on their phones and talk on the phone on the floor while the associates were scolded for it! They only let a few select of people pick and choose when they can take their break/lunch meanwhile making you take yours at times that didn’t make any sense and most of the time, supervisors didn’t let you take your last 15 minute break even though you were scheduled nine hours which is ridiculous! I’m glad that I left. This was the worst job!

Nothing!

Aspetti negativi

bad management, favoritism, short breaks

Hard going

Lidl was a hard job, expected to get 3 jobs done in one go... don’t travel to other stores because you have a nightmare trying to get your money for fuel allowance and get left in the dark about it. Mine took 3 months after I left.

Uniform

An okay place to work

The regulars really make it worth working here. Other than that, it feels like you’re constantly being gaslit. I don’t feel respected here and have been a bystander for others’ disrespect.
Ambiente lavorativo

Alright place to work with decent benefits

Working here had it's pros and cons like any other place. The pay was pretty good being at minimum $13, and if given the chance you can do a lot there. However, there are a lot of bad things to be considered. First, you're always going to leave at least 20minutes-1 hour late regardless of how many times you ask to leave when your shift ends, this is due to purposely being understaffed and the way they make their schedule. They do a pretty good job at pretending they care about you but the reality is that they don't and you see that as time goes on.

Pay, decent breaks, benefits

Aspetti negativi

Lack of care for employees, scheduling

Nope

Just dont do it.Refused bereavement leave and acted like it was a hindrance to them I needed time off.Wont let me have a day off to take fiancee to hospital, even though they understand he had serious health conditions.Constantly change rotas without notice and call you and blame you for not knowing. Mangers are annoyed if needed by the tills even though it's part of their job. Refused transfer to closer to new home and wanted me to walk at 3am for 2 hours to travel to work and ignored the safety issue of this.Never recieved a discount card.

Nope

Management Sucks

Management takes the job too seriously and let’s the power get into their heads. They grow a massive superiority complex and harass you until you quit. That or they completely ignore and disrespect your availability and leave you to fend on your own. If they don’t like you, you’ll get either 6 straight days a week or 2 days a week. Most days you never leave on time, typically leave 2-3 hours after your shift.There is an unnecessary amount of drama that goes on especially since it is a grocery store and most people are grown adults. But if you happen to be younger, in your teens, management will definitely belittle you. You get minimal training and when you ask a question most times they’ll look at you like you’re a nuisance; mostof the time they don’t even help you either.Don’t bother going to HR for help, they won’t do anything. But all in all, I’ve made some decent friends that make it a little more bearable. Don’t be stuck up and you’ll more than likely befriend everyone that isn’t management.

pay, benefits

management, hours, corporate
Ambiente lavorativo

Ended up an awful place to work

Just don’t work here!! Only way I can describe it as I tried both Grimsby stores…it’s like being back at school don’t waste your time. Management are over the top about stupid things yet behind scenes the place is actually filthy need to concentrate more on that for sure. You are expected to do everything at 90 miles per hour while some management watch.

Salary

Everything!!

Never.

Don't let your son's,or daughters.. And if You're wanna hurt yourself (the best way)... I'll spend 13 years to hurt my family,for a unormal shift hours and a pressure... from Management...

Ambiente lavorativo

Terrible. Avoid at all costs.

My manager was the most abusive person I have ever worked for. I know it's a job and should be taken seriously, but it is never an excuse to scream at someone over a bag of apples or when a task is completed a couple of minutes past when it was expected to be done. The company talks a lot of good things, but actually working at this store is miserable. There is no purpose, no flexibility, and the shifts are so long I leave exhausted every single time I'm there. The other thing I didn't like about this job is that it is so lonely and mindless. Sure, you can talk to your coworkers a little but there is no real bonding as everyone is expected to do everything and you can't ever sit still for a minute.

Pay is decent.

Aspetti negativi

Long hours, management is often horrible, bad corporate.
Ambiente lavorativo

High pay, horrible workload/hours.

Although some individual managers are kind enough to ensure fair treatment, this is a rarity and seemingly discouraged among their peers. Most management is absent; despite the fact that manager approval is required for even basic functions like returns, very few managers are staffed, and associates are frequently understaffed as well and required to perform much more. Scheduling is done erratically; Not only are hours (and therefore, pay) inconsistent, unless you negotiated specific days weeks in advance, you may be required to work on days with little notice. For night shifts, 1 hour overtime or more is common, even if you have another shift at 4:30 AM the next morning. Thankfully, overtime is paid.Additionally, benefits and break times are consistently denied. Half of entitled breaks are never given out. PTO must be requested, is almost always denied, and sick leaves of even a measly 2 concurrent days count as an absence, potentially earning a termination merely for falling ill for a week, or even a few poorly placed 2-day sicknesses.

Anti-covid measures, pay

Aspetti negativi

Losing promised breaks, perpetually understaffed
Ambiente lavorativo

it's not work it's torture.

everyone leaves that job, a lot of stress and a job that is not for a human being. the worst company that exists. The managers are rude. and neither good morning tells his employees.

nothing

Aspetti negativi

you don't have time to eat

Underemployed. Expect way too much of us when we are given more than 1 tasks

Hate it here. My store had problems keeping people so some days we would have only 2-3 people working the entire store. Managers would sometimes expect way too much of us when the whole store is falling apart.
Ambiente lavorativo

There are better places to work do not settle.

I've been working at Lidl for almost 10 months since they opened. Honestly it was sweet in the beginning when we had more staff but now it just feels like high school. The managers are rude, uneducated, and do not know how to manage people of color. You do not get any hands on training everything is through computer so they just throw you on things. Its a very stressful environment to work in because you do not get paid enough for your services. Everyday people quit and walk out due to high demands of stress on associates while managers sit back and watch. There are also mice and bug infestations throughout the entire store. We've had many customers complain about bad produce and bugs.

Meeting friends

Aspetti negativi

Short breaks, No hands on training, Terrible attitudes, Racism, Favoritism, Fights

Awful

Worse play ever worked,they expect to much from you always very little staff on shifts and loads to do never finished at 11 pm always went over 1 nite I got from there 1.30 am,no work balance life and the colleagues run the store I was in ,had 4 managers in the year I was there,staff that been there a long time think they should get the nice shifts and they did ,it was just horrible place that made me ill,breaks awful

Near my hone

Long hours slave labour
Ambiente lavorativo

The party ended a long time ago

There was a time this place made you feel there was a bigger sense of self, a team with the same idea and mindset, intelligent management & and supervisors but all of the luster of this company has disappeared with no signs of returning. Incompetence has completely taken over the store. Hiring the wrong people and keeping them for too long is a common problem with little hope of change. The respectable workers are getting shafted, being disrespected and are expected to be at 180% instead of 100% at all times. For a company that preaches versatility and having staff members prepared to be able to fill in a position, most people are relegated to doing one singular task or still haven't been trained on anything outside the bakery or cash register. Half of supervisors still know how to be human while others need to remember how much is too much for one person to endure. Your supervisors are moderate at best and unbearable at worst, they can't be wrong on any of their decisions no matter how asinine it is in practice. Please watch out for who you talk to as many are only putting a mirage and will backstab you if you give them ammo. At least half are lazy and narcissistic. I have mostly nothing bad to say about the manager of the store itself but they would be much better if they learned how to stop scheduling understaffed night shifts to a horrendous degree. Morning shifts usually are fast paced but usually have enough staff to start the day, Night shift (regardless of how many people we have or hire) is usually a rag tag team of 6 or less people (including yourself) no matter the -

30min lunch breaks, Benefits, Pay

Feeling of importance, Overworked, Understaffed, Sense of Belonging
Ambiente lavorativo

Overall a pretty ok place to work

Hiring process was professional and quick. Pretty easy interview. Started in one location until the new store was built (which was a pain for most since they were never compensated for their extra travel fees but luckily I lived right near by). First location was great. Much smaller store than the one we were eventually transferred to. If your someone that likes doing something different everyday, LIDL is the place for you. That's kind of their whole memo. One day you might be on register, next day you'll be freezing the in freezers or cleaning the spilled grapes in FRP. Management was a bit shaky since so many were young and a bit lazy. Co - Workers were cool. Made friends fast and money was looking good ($1000) before taxes which came to about $800 bi weekly. Everything was pretty much fine until we went to the new store. It was much bigger and we had a lot more customers. Hours decreased while it felt like work increased. Went from making $800 - $850 to $600 bi weekly which was a no for me. Plus I didn't really like doing different things everyday.

30 min break and 30 min paid break, good hours at smaller stores

Aspetti negativi

Big stores might give less hours, young management, Different position daily
Questa recensione è stata utile?

Scopri l'ambiente lavorativo di questa azienda!

Chiedi informazioni su lavoro e colloqui presso Lidl. I nostri utenti sono pronti ad aiutarti!Fai una domanda

Valutazione complessiva