Sephora

RilevanzaValutazioneData
Stai visualizzando tutte le 5.168 recensioni

Ambiente stimolate ma complicato

Recensione in evidenza su Indeed

La recensione più utile secondo Indeed
L’ambiente lavorativo è stimolante ed è un ottima scuola per quanto riguarda il mondo del retail, essendo un ambienta che lavora su target si pretende sempre il massimo giustamente ma a volte si creano eccessive aspettative che portano a un team eccessivamente stressato e quindi non spronato a fare il massimo. Mi sento di dire che molto dipende dal team che ci si ritrova e della figura dello store manager, spesso capita che ti facciano sentire come numero.

Fun place to work

I’ve been at Sephora for a year and a half and absolutely love it. The discounts are nice and the monthly gratis is always something to look forward to. Management is pretty chill and the dress code is now more casual as opposed to how it was before. When I first started the interviews with both managers was a breeze and they were amazing and I was hired a couple days later. The only downside is of course the pay. We make minimum wage, but the company has given us a few bonuses especially due to the pandemic. Managers bring in snacks and food for the store often as well!
Questa recensione è stata utile?

A work hard, play hard, have fun environment that is continuing to grow and evolve due to growth in Canada

Because Sephora is a values driven company, there is a great comradery and connection with the people you work with on a daily basis. No company is perfect - there are opportunities to create and clarify better processes (especially with US partners), ways of working, and build competencies in certain areas of our business, but it is an incredible organization that is evolving as we grow our workforce to support our expansion in more markets. People are kind, and there is a lot of focus on celebrating successes and each other through our values. Some fun perks as well like products, access to mental health and wellness support and half day Fridays (when you put in an extra hour Mon-Th). Will be moving to a brand new space downtown Toronto in December built on activity based workspaces that support our hybrid ways of working.
Questa recensione è stata utile?

El ambiente de trabajo es bueno

El ambiente es bueno, yo hice muchas amistades pero también hay personas que te hacen el trabajo muy pesado, lo lideres son personas despotas, groseras y pedantes y te cargan de más la mano
Questa recensione è stata utile?

Empresa dinâmica e ótima de trabalhar

A Sephora foi a empresa que eu mais me identifiquei no ambiente profissional; um trabalho que não parecia trabalho, pelo fato de eu estar tão à vontade com minha rotina que eu me sentia em casa; sem palavras suficientes pra descrever.

Aspetti positivi

Vale-refeição/plano de saúde incluso/vale transporte/comissões.

1 folga semanal
Questa recensione è stata utile?

Valuta il tuo ultimo datore di lavoro

Condividi la tua esperienza per aiutare gli altri

Learned alot, good education, great coworkers

I enjoyed my time with Sephora. Their product education was great. Employee gratis was a great perk. Flexible schedule for the most part and my co-workers were great. Learned a lot.
Questa recensione è stata utile?

Decent pay, no room for growth

As a Licensed Beauty Advisor there’s no room for growth. Especially if you want to stick with your team in your home store. Our DM especially, doesn’t allow people to be promoted in your original store which sucks. Gratis is good, but not amazing like it was back in the day. Not as many brand reps and they can’t give you as much product as they used to. Pay is about a dollar more than the regular associates which sucks because you don’t get any commission.

No Drama, Just Fun & Sales Goals

I previously worked in retail and most recently I worked in corporate (at different companies) for a few years. I was nervous going back into retail because I was so used to a WFH/office environment & I know how dramatic retail beauty can be (between co-workers). Everyone on the team has been welcoming and supportive. I'm not afraid to ask questions nor am I intimated by management; a huge change from other workplaces I've been in. Management is supportive & respectful, all while maintaining sales/logistics standards. The only intimidating aspect would be the variety of products sold at our stores/online. There's so much to learn but there is no pressure or expectation for you to know everything about every brand right away. I'm a few months in and I still have plenty to learn, but my coworkers will assist if I need it or help educate me so that I can gain more confidence in what I'm recommending to a client (customer). Overall I'm impressed and I would recommend a friend or anyone interested in Sephora to apply. Normally retail workers get a hard time for being entry level or not being a "real job". I don't feel like that when I go into or when I'm leaving work. The clients are 90% of the time very kind, open, & respectful, the work balance is good, & there's resources to help if needed. The pay is below $20/hr for anyone questioning that, but there's opportunities to pick up more hours or to work part time if you choose to have another job that pays more. Either way, it's a fun workplace, supportive team, & fairly flexible work/life balance.

Don’t do it

This is the red flag, don’t do it. Waste of your time, dead end, crazy turnover, high school drama and not worth the stress! Only good thing was some of the employees.

Bonne entreprise

Sephora est une bonne école pour le management, on apprend énormément. Par ailleurs le salaire ne suit pas forcément et l'équilibre vie pro/vie privée n'est pas simple à avoir.

Carte ticket resto / Cadeaux

Salaire
Questa recensione è stata utile?

Products, customers, co-workers are great; management not so much. :-(

If you are part-time you are kept out of the loop but you’re still expected to know what management won’t tell you; you and your bags must be searched every shift before leaving; management team is often cliquey and they reward their ‘favourites’ with promotions & advancement; they make promises that are not kept and have lost many good employees because of it; performance reviews are solely geared towards justifying who the management team agrees that they want to promote - those they don’t want to invest in get artificially low ratings. It’s fun to learn about and work with the latest in beauty; what’s not fun are the forced scripted interactions with customers, being pushed to make people buy more, and generally having your behaviour and appearance micromanaged.

Aspetti positivi

Gratis, product knowledge, the great people you meet and work with

Aspetti negativi

Petty, biased management, performance reviews based on who the management team all agree they want to promote, expected to know everything about all products, needs of the business come before employee work/ life balance & commitments

Intérimaire

Vraiment génial à bosser.Malheureusement j'ai trouvé ailleurs, je dis Malheureusement car j'aurais vraiment aimé bossé la bas les manager au top l'équipe super

Travail productif et agréable

Je donne mon avis pour pouvoir regarder les autres avis donc à ne surtout pas prendre en compte ce que j’écris, en revanche j’adore SEPHORA et je vais bientôt y travailler sûrement.
Questa recensione è stata utile?

Hard to advance benefits not as great as they make it seem.

While Sephora is great for budding and aspiring Makeup Artists to launch a networking space it is very minimal for actual advancement and growth. Gratis can be generous as long as you are a full time "make-up" consultant but any other postion (outside of manager witch is hard to advance to) is actually not that great. Communication between departments is minimal and reflects even more so with work load expectations among managers and leaders to consultants. All in all not a great place to work if you want to build yourself a career and grow within a company.

Productive and Healthy work space

I for the first in a long time finally get excited to get out of bed to go to work! I love my job, I love my coworkers, managers , the beneifits involved. Clients are a hit or miss but that’s not sephoras fault. Personally I believe pay could be better especially with inflation but otherwise I 100% recommend to work for sephora <3

Bags of Free Gratis, Caring Management, Breaks

Clients

great

good retail job, great customer, do not work at sephora inside other companies, environment is awful and fostered more from awful retail then sephoras actual free standing model

Decent workplace

If you’re looking to get overworked and underpaid this is the place to be. I cried on the way home after almost every single shift. The customers and managers are awful and do not care about you as a person.

Product knowledge

Aspetti negativi

Short breaks, no work-life balance, pay

Bonne expérience de stage

Bonne ambiance de travail, personnel très pédagogue même si parfois un peu stressant en raison des objectifs à atteindre. Tout de même une bonne façon de découvrir le monde du travail

Disappointing

I was extremely excited to be a Sephora cast member, but feeling unappreciated, overworked and underpaid every single day I’m there, changed my mind.Being told that a company is making over 10 million dollars and I’m struggling to survive is wild in my opinion.Love my co-workers, ”CEL’s” don’t help much around and store general management won’t do anything to fix it.Frustrating experience.

Training product

Useless Micro management, overwhelming, underpaid

Fun

Well organized, free gratis, fun fast paced . Hour long lunch’s for 8 hour shifts, lots of events, sends you to school if needed. Good pay depending on your role

Hour lunch’s

Sometimes gossip

Prestaciones excelentes

Es buena empresa para generar experiencia, las prestaciones son buenas y aprendes mucho.
Questa recensione è stata utile?

Scopri l'ambiente lavorativo di questa azienda!

Chiedi informazioni su lavoro e colloqui presso Sephora. I nostri utenti sono pronti ad aiutarti!Fai una domanda

Valutazione complessiva