Logo Sephora
3,9 su 5 stelle.
Ricevi aggiornamenti settimanali, nuove offerte di lavoro e recensioni

Recensioni dei dipendenti Sephora per Consultant

Ordina per

UtilitĂ ValutazioneData
273 recensioni corrispondenti alla ricerca.Leggi tutte le 4.561 recensioni
Ambiente lavorativo

The best place to start out

Recensione in evidenza su Indeed

La recensione piĂč utile secondo Indeed
Sephora is a place to start because is gives you great exposure to so many brands. The education and teamwork at Sephora is much different than what you see in the industry. A great place in general to work.

Aspetti positivi

Lots of Education and Gratis

Aspetti negativi

The salary

Flexible Schedule

I love the location where I used to work for Sephora. My manager was a teamplayer and make her staff feel motivated. Sephora rewards staff with products upon completing weekly goals.

Sephora

Making sure all clients are taken care of I learned how to better service multiple people best thing about it was the people hardest was management giving you false opportunity to move up in the company

Over worked & under paid

Sephora is great for those who want to learn & expand their skills. However, the company puts a-lot of pressure, and a overwhelming work load on us for compensation that seems unfit. We are required to obtain all this knowledge, client service, deter theft, teach and apply makeup, and much more.

Good high school job

I loved working here while I was in High School. Definitely a lot of advancement opportunities! Loved the positive environment. Just watch out for different vibes at different stores.
Questa recensione Ăš stata utile?

Valuta il tuo ultimo datore di lavoro

Condividi la tua esperienza per aiutare gli altri

Good times!

Great place to work with great people. Sometimes I felt like better corporate decisions could be made on behalf of the employees but the management was great and tried their best.
Ambiente lavorativo

Fun job, but not adequate pay, management isnt the best

So I worked at Sephora for 2 years, and overall it was really fun. My biggest issues were that 1. You got in trouble if you didn't wear enough makeup (I understand it's a job selling makeup, but they don't accept wearing makeup to just enhance your features in my experience) 2. Even after I went through training to get CM certified (included getting flown to Calgary for a multiple-day training seminar) and then once I was CM certified, my job responsibilities changed drastically with more duties and responsibilities. This would be fine if they gave me a raise for all of this. Which they didn't 3. They constantly talk about the clients' needs, but in my experience, they didn't care about the customer at all, just the sales. ( Again, I know it's a job selling makeup, but the management would set the client up with an expectation and then tell you over the headset that you can't fulfill the expectation for that client because management has already found you a new client.) This was very frustrating, as I tried to give everyone a great experience, whether they were purchasing or not.

Great work culture!

They were an amazing company to work for and filled with lots of chances to develop. Most of the staff are friendly and excited to be there! Very engaging!
Ambiente lavorativo

Every company has its strengths and weaknesses

Every company has its strengths and weaknesses. Sephora values clients, has great client service, the company always tries to connect with their clientele.
Ambiente lavorativo

Work life balance is really important! If you’re a parent this job has no life work balance. I recommend working only PT at Sephora and not full-time. Anything can happen when you have children or have someone depending on you.

Offerte di lavoro Sephora

Consultant positions
Visualizza altre offerte

Your Career Depends...

Your experience at either location is entirely determined by whose butt you kiss and who likes you. If you’re an a** kissing professional and make the management feel like they’re high ranking entrepreneurs and incredible people, you’ll do amazing. You will get absolutely everything you want. The catch is putting up with some leaderships falsely inflated egos... good luck! On the contrary, if you speak up about the l absolute nonsense and unacceptable behaviour you’ll see, consider yourself done. You mind as well just resign. And while you’re at it you’ll be made to feel like it’s absolutely you’re fault, and the reasons you’ll be given are bogus. Things that are personal such as you’re not self aware, or you’re challenging. For example, if any of them read this they’ll automatically think that whoever wrote this is “bitter, horrible, negative, needs help” etc, and they won’t spend one second self reflecting and thinking of the truth to it. You’ll hear some members of leadership talk to people unacceptably, but if you bring it up be fully prepared to have a look of shock staring back at you and a speech about how it was ever meant to come across like that, blah blah. They can behave how they want but you can’t. Remember that. You’ll also see some people get a great work-life balance schedule while you take all the mid shifts and closes, but that’s a treat best saved for if you’re hired. There’s one particular member of leadership you’ll see get whatever they want, talk however they want, and be bff’s with the manager. I’ll leave that one alone and you can just watch it for -
Ambiente lavorativo

Management only treats their favourites well and everyone else poorly. Your treated like a child that is also in prison for 8 hours a day, and actually referred to as a kindergartener. Disrespectful and hostile environment

Sephora

I love my job but there have been a lot of management issues that have put a strain on working in that environment. There is also a lot of emphasis on selling but sometimes it is just selling to sell where it should be recommending the right products for your client.
Ambiente lavorativo

Great if you want a fun, slightly competitive, and busy workplace!

Great management if you take initiative and communicate your goals, fun but active workplace, you need to be able to multitask and be able to communicate with multiple levels of education to accommodate all clients in store. Initiative goes a long way! Excellent for giving training too!
Ambiente lavorativo

Good place to get started and learn, long hours, low pay

Working at Sephora was quite the learning experience. You are confronted with so many products and the newness coming in. You have to keep up to date. When I started at Sephora we always watched a training video before each shift as well as having brand reps come in for training now it's mostly reps. It's a good student job and to get started in the business. You learn about selling and retail as well. You deal with an array of client types and that teaches you how to read people quickly. Some stores are friendlier, more welcoming and more relaxed than others in terms of clientele and staff. Each store has a distinct character. There are always one or two managers who are quite lovely and human and then there are others that don't listen to you, talk down to you, and play favourites. They talk behind your back and allow the position get to their heads. Favourites were promoted and celebrated. The cast notices when they praise the same 2 people all the time. It's demoralizing. The camaraderie amongst the selling cast is nice although there can be cattiness and gossip. I avoided all that and I was fine. The hours are very long and it is exhausting to do 6 days in a row with one day in between for long stretches of time and to work every weekend. The pay is deplorable. Your yearly pay raise is sad. Cast turnover is because of: burn out, poor pay, management Regardless, of the occassional difficult clients, I loved helping people, finding solutions and making them smile. I hope I was able to bring the best client service. I loved learning about new products -
Ambiente lavorativo

The favoritism in this company is apparent

The management lies! All cast are suppose to have an open schedule. The management still allows certain ones to have a "set schedule", still. My boss told me that when his boss checks the computers, it look like all employees in our store is complying with the new rules of having an open schedule. While in fact we weren't complying. I'm very disappointed with the low integrity of the management team we have in our store. It's so corrupt and it puts a bad taste in your mouth. It was a great company to work for a few years ago.
Ambiente lavorativo

only good for extra cash on the side

The pay is awful and you only get a raise if you stay there over a year. I was hired in October and they did raises the next year in September and said I didn't qualify because I hadn't hit one year yet and that I'd have to wait until the next year's reviews. The head manager constantly forgot my name even though it was on my nametag! ! the environment is incredibly catty and toxic. The whole thing is a "who is the most depressed" show

Aspetti positivi

great work life balance, half hour break every shift and two paid 15 min break as well in an 8hr, discount is pretty good

Aspetti negativi

managers only care about sales, terrible wages and raise practice, uniform is incredibly uncomfortable and itchy

Love Sephora

Loved interviewing with Sephora. Once you’re in the company they help you move up. We are a family and they help you be at your best. They teach us all the new techniques and all new makeup and skincare

Not worth the stress

Between the rude clients and favoritism within the workplace you really don’t get paid enough for the stress. Clients are rude and entitled consistently asking for samples and giving attitude. Sometimes leadership will favor one person over another and so advancing in the company can be set back because the favorited cast members will get elevated before those who are equally or more qualified. No tips allowed, no benefits if you’re PT.

Managers behaviour

Sephora Managers are the worst(Most of them) I think the company should look more into their store director and managers and see how they actually treat their employees. I love working at sephora But I am not happy at all the way i am treated and being lied and many more things. Managers fool you, Lie to you and treat you in a sarcastic way. Never takes you seriously or respect you. FAKE PEOPLE.
Ambiente lavorativo

Fun, diverse place to work

Retail, shift-work, but overall a fun place to work. You learn a lot about different makeup and skincare brands, how to apply products, how to help customers find what they're looking for, etc. I really enjoyed my time working for Sephora.
Questa recensione Ăš stata utile?

Scopri l'ambiente lavorativo di questa azienda!

Chiedi informazioni su lavoro e colloqui presso Sephora. I nostri utenti sono pronti ad aiutarti!Fai una domanda

Valutazione complessiva