Logo Sephora
Sephora
3,9 su 5 stelle.
Ricevi aggiornamenti settimanali, nuove offerte di lavoro e recensioni

Recensioni dei dipendenti Sephora per Consultant

Ordina per

UtilitàValutazioneData
273 recensioni corrispondenti alla ricerca.Leggi tutte le 4.561 recensioni
Ambiente lavorativo

The best place to start out

Recensione in evidenza su Indeed

La recensione più utile secondo Indeed
Sephora is a place to start because is gives you great exposure to so many brands. The education and teamwork at Sephora is much different than what you see in the industry. A great place in general to work.

Lots of Education and Gratis

The salary

Fast paced environment

You meet a lot of people, however there will always be a slight division between those who have worked in sephora for years over the "newbies". There is a lot of micro management within the store so you do have to be set on what your grounds are. Other than that it really is fun, gratis is always nice, hours can get hectic and trying to book off days can be difficult since your hours aren't always fixed.
Ambiente lavorativo

fun work place but you have to love people

Some people move up and some don't. Hours depend on goals being reached. Not the best pay, but you work in makeup so the fun atmosphere compensates for that if you don't live paycheck to paycheck or are out on your own.
Ambiente lavorativo

It's retail, so it's pretty good

Our regional managers and education managers come pretty often to the stores to see the staff, which I've never had before in my other stores I've worked at. It's retail, so the day to day is pretty self-explanatory. Some great customers and some not so great ones. One thing that's nice and helpful is that they give us gratis, but it's also hard to tell customers honest feedback when the companies don't send you anything to try their products out, but want you to sell their $64 eye cream

Good experience, TERRIBLE PAY

I was an experienced, professionally certified makeup artist before coming to Sephora and was basically not given any additional compensation for coming with a complete skill set. I was paid the same as the seasonal cashiers. They encourage you to go through their training program to be "Sephora certified" so that you can give full makeovers to clients. Again, there is no additional recognition or compensation for doing so, and you cannot accept tips. I loved my clients and had many repeat ones. I also received some great gratis ( full sized perfumes, palettes, foundations etc.) If you don't rely on the income to survive, and you live that type of environment, then go for it. I really loved it there, but the pay was unacceptable.
Questa recensione è stata utile?

Valuta il tuo ultimo datore di lavoro

Condividi la tua esperienza per aiutare gli altri

terrible

on-call..no way to have two jobs because you never knew your availability. Cut early if the store wasn't meeting goal and had to ask to use the restroom with a line of customers to check out. OVERWORKED AND UNDERCOMPENSATED! You are a Makeup Artist, Skin Consultant, Cashier, and Janitor.

typical "sales associate" job

I enjoyed "playing with" and being around makeup. However, I have some vision problems, so I was a bit nervous when I started doing makeovers. No one was patient with this, which only exacerbated my anxiety. The only goal was to "put the numbers up."

okay

it is such a cult, it management doesn't like you then don't expect hours or decent gratis. there is hardly any hours and it feels like there is too much micro management so it feels like you're always doing something wrong. they hardly have hours and they only recognize people for their work if they like them. they can accuse you of not doing your work while their fav employee is doing the same as you and not bat an eye towards them. they are very strict for how little pay you receive. it is better to be on the outside as a client then it is to be a cast member in my opinion, there are way more benefits as a beauty insider than there are as an employee to the company

Awesome

Great environment to allow your personality and artistry to shine. Honestly enjoyed it. The only downside is compensation. Better off as a part time job. Full time with new England rent rates is a struggle! Lots of fun, offered great trainings
Ambiente lavorativo

Sephora was the best job I had. Just after having my daughter the management changed in my location. A lot of new hires from out side the company and I had to train. I just didn’t like how much years I put in to not get promoted. I wasn’t treated fair with the flexibility of hours they wouldn’t work with me being a new mother. Other then that the company is amazing fun place to work.. I could my self working there and if your passionate about helping someone feel great then apply.

Offerte di lavoro Sephora

Consultant positions
Visualizza altre offerte

Wouldn’t suggest it

5times square racist, extremely critical of its artists. Too stressful not enough pay. Favoritism very noticeable. I wouldn’t suggest it to anyone I care for.

Gratis

Aspetti negativi

Every thing but the customers
Ambiente lavorativo

Love sephora but undervalue their entry level employees

I loved working at sephora but they only pay minimum wage, even their makeup advisors who sell the product and do the makeovers. One of the best things is they give you free makeup. Its always nice to get free makeup. But I dont think that should compensate for such low pay.

Great job during college

A typical day of work as a color consultant can range from relaxing to stressful. Benefits of this job include the discount, gratis (free items), and coworkers that turn into good friends. Flaws are that advancement is difficult to achieve. In my location, it seems as though they want to pile on more tasks on any given consultant without a higher title or pay. It gets exhausting after awhile. Managers can also be guilty of micromanaging; and even after working three years, the talkies we use on the floor can be extremely irritating when we talk to clients.
Ambiente lavorativo

Horrible place - do not work there

The managers are awful and do not respect confidentiality. They gossip about your private information amongst one another and other co-workers. If they don't like you, they will target you and they also STEAL gratis.

Fun part-time job

Great for business-minded people in the beauty industry. You have to know that it's about customer service and meeting the demands of the business (including metrics). Bring your expertise to the TEAM and be a team player to succeed.

Free products, fun atmosphere

Aspetti negativi

Not many career advancement opportunities, work on weekends
Ambiente lavorativo

Schedule flexibility but limited growth

Pending your long term goals Sephora can be a good place for schedule flexibility and if you're interested in starting in the beauty business. However, management may not always be qualified and can limit your hours or ability for growth.

I love working for Sephora

The managers really appreciate the work done and effort put forth. The compensation for the work you put forth is also great. You do have to be prepared to work, but the work atmosphere is great when you are a hard worker.
Ambiente lavorativo

Fun place to work if you are all about makeup and the in things

I loved working for the company however it was very poor management and a lot of miscommunication that the store I worked for had but other than that I had an amazing time working there because it was what I loved doing

overall experience

Srephora was a great place to learn, but had very few advantages. A typical shift as ambassador would consist of client service, which was the best part, sales numbers, employees trainings, touch bases, etc. I would recieve regular trainings on brands and services. The hardest part about that job was the work/life balance as it was extremely demanding and would require a lot of at home preparation, which would not be paid. the most enjoyable part was the services and interraction with clients and employees.

Aspetti positivi

over knowledge aquired and products gifted

Aspetti negativi

little to no recognition from management

Great skills

Learn a lot with company as you grow with company. Certification and discounts. Learn new trends and also great hours during holiday. Positions always available internally

Best job ive ever had!

If you are thinking of applying to sephora, stop and do it! I grew so much as a makeup artist but also as a person while I was in sephora. The workplace culture is super diverse and judge-free. Thank you for making me a more goal oriented person and taking my makeup artist skills from good to bomb!
Questa recensione è stata utile?

Scopri l'ambiente lavorativo di questa azienda!

Chiedi informazioni su lavoro e colloqui presso Sephora. I nostri utenti sono pronti ad aiutarti!Fai una domanda

Valutazione complessiva