Logo Sephora
Sephora
3,9 su 5 stelle.
Ricevi aggiornamenti settimanali, nuove offerte di lavoro e recensioni

Recensioni dei dipendenti Sephora per Consultant

Ordina per

UtilitàValutazioneData
273 recensioni corrispondenti alla ricerca.Leggi tutte le 4.561 recensioni
Ambiente lavorativo

The best place to start out

Recensione in evidenza su Indeed

La recensione più utile secondo Indeed
Sephora is a place to start because is gives you great exposure to so many brands. The education and teamwork at Sephora is much different than what you see in the industry. A great place in general to work.

Lots of Education and Gratis

The salary
Ambiente lavorativo

Amazing environment to be in!

From customers who've never touched an eyeshadow palette, to the ones who are freelanced artists, it's an incredible feeling you get when you help someone out on the floor! Even if you aren't that skilled, but still yearn to learn, Sephora can help you grow and progress to become an artist. The hardest parts are the tricky clients, but that's anywhere retail. It's always a fun time once you clock in, that by the time you clock out, you won't even realize how much time has passed!

Learning, Room to grow, Fun

Unpaid meals, tricky customers

Strong environment for learning

I found that I was educated regularly about the products and services, as well updated on my job description. However, though the path for promotion was always being charted, it was always unattainable. There was no coaching for getting to the next step and I found that by the end, I was burnt out from constantly shifting company missions and objectives that were being added quarterly to my job description, without any notable pay increases. Still, I found it a great place to learn about makeup, and I enjoyed the friendships and team members I met there along the way.

Great Job n

Great place to help your practice your craft and a great way to learn how to be outgoing and build relationships with clients. Customer service trainings were always helpful.
Ambiente lavorativo

It’s a nice place to work.

It’s a nice place to work, you get to build friendships with co-workers. Discount is really nice, and the gratis is a plus however you can see the favoritism That managers have for some of the employees. Especially during gratis time, some people walk out with huge bags of stuff and some barely have anything. Favoritism makes it hard to be able to advance in the industry and be recognized if your doing a good job. Pay isn’t bad but it’s not the best, especially trying to live on it while only working between 10-20 hours a week.

Gratis, friendships.

Favoritism, management. Pay.
Questa recensione è stata utile?

Valuta il tuo ultimo datore di lavoro

Condividi la tua esperienza per aiutare gli altri

Ambiente lavorativo

This is what it"s really like

Sephora was certainly an interesting place to work. At first I loved it, because I got to talk about beauty all day and I got lots of free product and the discount. Everyone seemed nice at first, and I did make some good friends there. HOWEVER, If you are an individual who is opinionated, or likes to take action to change policies or rules you don't agree with DON'T WORK THERE. You have to have unpaid bag checks every time you leave the store even for lunches and 15 min breaks, which normally take at least 10-15 mins for a manager to come back to do it. The pay is terrible for the amount of effort you are pressured to put into the job. The thing that bothered me the most is that I felt like I couldn't be myself at work. The clothes were unflattering and uncomfortable, I was overtly told to wear more and more makeup (which makes me uncomfortable) even though I worked in the skin care world, It was made nearly impossible to make complaints about the absurd amount of rules we had to abide by, and worst of all I was told how to speak to clients. I couldn't just talk to people like a genuine human being, and when I did behave like my normal self, I was then told every little thing I did wrong and how I need to sell more, add more to the basket, sell sell sell. They are watching you like a hawk at all times. I was even given a poor performance review because I don't wear enough makeup, don't speak to clients in the "sephora way" (I talk to them in a real way), and because I missed 6 weeks of work when I got mono. Final say: you have to ask to use the washroom. I feel -

makeup lovers

Fun place to work and play with makeup. Brands do come in and train you on products so your knowledge can grow. Depending on location of where you work is how successful they will help you become. Some management can give you the cold sholder for leaving their store because it messes with their turn over rate.

Hard work for no reward

Expected to work hard and give 20000% for minimum wage and no raise increase all year. You have to act a certain way, look a certain way. You can't be yourslef

Great people

No money, labour work

Fun place

fun fast environment, constantly learning, makeup up knowledge not necessary, will train you. Ability to sell and create client experience. Free makeup products

long lunches

Ambiente lavorativo

Tons of gratis but I would much rather recieve less gratis and more wage raises.

Love the environment in my location. My management (as opposed to others) is amazing. The team I work with is great. Everyone is like family but it’s safe to say most of them would agree that the pay isn’t fair for the amount of fast paced work we deliver. I wish Sephora as a company invested more in higher wages than gratis. SEPHORA if you can afford to give each color artist $1,000 worth of product EVERY month you should be able to put some money towards wage increases. Other than the pay this is a great place to work in. I don’t even feel like it’s work because it’s so fun! Except on sales days when the store is busier than usual. But the bonus compensates us for that which is good.

Aspetti positivi

Thousand of dollars worh of free products, Free lunch from brand reps, Amazing work life balance, Fun

Aspetti negativi

Unfair wages for th me amount of work we deliver, Especially color artists and certified artists, They do the most and are some of the most underpaid

Offerte di lavoro Sephora

Consultant positions
Visualizza altre offerte

Busy

Sephora can be very busy, and very demanding. I loved the cast working there but the salary was far too low for the amount of work being done. I wish there was more room to grow in the company.
Ambiente lavorativo

Horrible management, conditioning environment no room to grow

The leads and managers at sephora are not equipped for their job, and use a superior tactic to get cast to listen to them as opposed to a leader tactic. They beat cast down until they are forced to submit, girls would cry every day from the way they were treated. Job itself was fine apart from the occasional crazy customer. Only employees who were favoured by leadership or were previously friends would become promoted. It is not a team environment, everyone is trying to get ahead. If you choose to work here, find some friends you can trust and stick with them.
Ambiente lavorativo

Productive company, kind employers/employees, managers are always nice and understanding

Everyone makes you feel comfortable at Sephora. I was seasonal and they treated me like family. The management and employees at Oak Brook location were extremely nice and welcoming. They always helped and never made you do anything you didn't want to do. Everyone works like a team.
Ambiente lavorativo

Amazing work place to express individuality

Sephora is a great place to work. I believe that almost every employee can say the same, regardless of some experiences that may occur the overall vibe of the company is fantastic. I loved working there and would not mind going back.
Ambiente lavorativo

good

great job experience ! great perks and good staff. Management needs a lot of help when it comes with helping and resolving employee concerns. other than that good job.

fun place to work

Fun place to work that has great energy. They offer a lot of brand training and opportunities to learn about the products. Management can be very inconsistent from person to person, but benefits are great.

gratis, training

work life balance

Fun and Exciting Place to Work

Sephora can be a fun and exciting place to work. I learned a great deal about beauty and frangrance products. The culture can be over whelming for some potential cast members. The hardest part of the job could be the scheduling. The on call could be hard to budget your pay and hours. The people would be the most enjoyable part of the Job. However, I think the stores are very different and some are better then others.

Healthcare, work life balance

Aspetti negativi

poor scheduling, advancement can be difficult

Fun Workplace

Very chill and fun workplace although it can get quite hectic! The only thing is the salary is pretty low in terms of how hard we work, but when you love your job, it doesn't matter all that much

Freebies, Free lunches, Amazing people, fun environment, good management

Aspetti negativi

Long development, play favorites, poor pay

Decently fun job

Job is fun, however, management feels very entitled and plays favourites very hard. Refuses to give stable hours to any part time cast member. Free product is put in your bin very often.

Open availability, free gratis

Bad wage, unstable hours

Sephora Experience

Super welcoming crew, and everyone is usually assisting clients so not much interaction with the team. There is always a daily goal amount to sale on each so it can feel a little bit like a commision job, but better because with consistently reaching those daily goals the whole store recieves a bonus on their checks.

Client interactions, professional environment

Na
Ambiente lavorativo

Education is amazing, job advancement not so much

Any time I asked about moving upwards within my store or even my district, I was answered with "you're not ready" and never given the proper tools/training to be prepared for those elevated roles. Work life balance is practically non-existent. Also the pay could be significantly improved, as I lived below the poverty line and my boss was not very flexible with me getting a second job part time. Education is very much present, videos are watched every day and brand reps are there weekly. Also had the opportunity to be sent to several brand trainings. I never felt that my job was in jeopardy, although many co-workers were given advancements in their positions while I did not receive those opportunities, even though I most definitely had the qualifications and experience.
Questa recensione è stata utile?

Scopri l'ambiente lavorativo di questa azienda!

Chiedi informazioni su lavoro e colloqui presso Sephora. I nostri utenti sono pronti ad aiutarti!Fai una domanda

Valutazione complessiva