Logo Sephora
Sephora
3,9 su 5 stelle.
Ricevi aggiornamenti settimanali, nuove offerte di lavoro e recensioni

Sephora recensioni

UtilitàValutazioneData
Stai visualizzando tutte le 4.526 recensioni

Ambiente stimolante

Recensione in evidenza su Indeed

La recensione più utile secondo Indeed
Ho lavorato nell'azienda prima come stagista poi nel periodo natalizio. La mia esperienza è stata molto positiva, al termine mi sembrava di dover lasciare una famiglia. L'ambiente è stimolante e talvolta competitivo, dipende anche dai punti vendita, ma c'è sempre l'appagamento per la propria fatica, e per certe persone anche possibilità di crescita. Lavorare qui sicuramente insegna a farsi le ossa nel settore e da una formazione completa e insegna anche una buona gestione e impostazione del lavoro, il mio punto vendita in particolare era molto ben organizzato nello svolgimento dei compiti quotidiani.

Aspetti positivi

buoni pasto, formazioni da parte dei brand

Aspetti negativi

poca possibilità di entrare nell'azienda senza referenze

Toxic Culture

Literally the worst in store experience I have ever had. You can't leave the guest alone until they have spent at least $100. Upper management treats advisors as less than and doesn't even introduce them to new management. And if you don't make your sales goal, they will stay open regardless of the time. No consideration for work life balance. Someone called to say they were in the hospital - first words out of the manager's mouth was "we will have to discuss this on your next shift", NOT are you ok? NOT is there anything you need? Ooooof do your research and shop in the store before you apply. See how they treat everyone and make your choice.

H o r r i b l e.

Working at Sephora was something I’d wanted to do for so long, so I was beyond excited when I was hired. After the first day I was already miserable. They are a very judgmental company and a lot of the time it feels as though you’re back in highschool because the “cast” is extremely cliquey. The management I worked under was an absolute disaster. Each of them would tell you to do the opposite of what the other told you so you were constantly getting in trouble if you did what one said and not the other. There was never a correct way to do something for anyone. If you asked for time off they would ask you a million personal questions that a manager should not be asking an associate. It was ridiculously unprofessional and I’ll never work for a company like this again.

Literally nothing

Judgemental, unprofessional, inconsistent, disrespectful
Ambiente lavorativo

One of the best retail companies I’ve ever worked for!

Sephora is just amazing! I worked there for a year and learned so much. The key to having a great experience working for Sephora is to be surrounded by a strong, supportive, and great team. I miss you, Sephora!

Gratis, continuing education, gratis

Aspetti negativi

No work/life balance, constant understaffing

No work/life balance

Years ago the employees mattered, now it's all about the client. Doesn't matter how rude or disrespectful the client are with you, you'll have the blame and will be asked what you could've done differently. The pay increases are yearly in cents, however management has the ability to increase but doesn't. Your hours are base on if someone is sick or on vacation. You'll work every weekend and open to close during the week. You'll never make 40hrs a week and you'll get written up for overtime.

Free products

Aspetti negativi

Low hours per week and you have to work to earn the pto percentage
Questa recensione è stata utile?

Valuta il tuo ultimo datore di lavoro

Condividi la tua esperienza per aiutare gli altri

Good place to start

Sephora is a good company to work for. The benefits are ok. I’d prefer better ones. They give you great education and definitely are interested in advancing you in your career if interested. A great solid place to earn experience, beauty advisor or management. Was better before the pandemic. The company changed and now it’s just not the same. Dealing with the clientele though is extremely mentally exhausting and honestly not worth it sometimes.

Aspetti positivi

Discount, education, free training product

Healthcare, environment
Ambiente lavorativo

Fun place and free products

Sephora taught me a lot. Self confidence, service clients needs questions demonstration. I also liked when we would have different brands come into the store to educate us on different brands how to sale the products and demonstrate. I miss being with the clients. Sephora was fun and first job where I can expess myself through make up artistry.

Free cosmetics

Aspetti negativi

The location it was hard to find a parking in downtown
Ambiente lavorativo

Nothing like what it was. I wish I left sooner.

I debated letting this place waste anymore of my time but I can’t in good faith not say something. Everything that was good about Sephora no longer exists. The company itself is parasitic it will take everything it possibly can from you and give next to nothing back. Long term staff were demoted and asked to continue to work themselves to death for rude clientele and for terrible pay. Everyone is expected to work outside of their job descriptions with no pay increase ever in sight. Upper management and HR are an absolute joke and will only make things worse in every situation. Throughout the pandemic inadequate safety measures were ignored even after outcry. The free product (gratis) is treated like a pacifier to keep unhappy staff quiet. Anywhere that does mass demotions then revoked sales bonuses from the part timers but not the managers who don’t make sales is not a good place to work. The leads and other staff are fantastic and none of this is the fault of them but If you value your mental health and financial wellness reconsider.

Gratis

Aspetti negativi

Poor management, No work life balance, No regard for safety, Poor pay, Horrible scheduling, Understaffed, unrealistic work expectations

Covid changed everything

Before Covid, the company truly lived by their Values and took care of their people but after the quarantine and we went back into stores, it was only about numbers. I understand we need to come back from a tough year, but there's a right way to about motivating your teams and now it feels like nothing is good enough even when you're making your goals.

Great people, good pay

Aspetti negativi

No growth, no work/life balance

Environnement de travail agréable

Mon expérience chez Sephora a été très enrichissante, une bonne ambiance, le contact clients et tout les avantages ! Mais un bémol sur la pression mise par les managers pour le chiffre

Aspetti positivi

Cadeaux des marques etc..

Stress, pression du chiffre

Offerte di lavoro Sephora

Visualizza altre offerte

Is makeup retail

It’s a retail job. It’s fun to work because you’re surround by makeup fun music light and colors. Great for someone who is creative and not Kinsey-centric

Free makeup

Aspetti negativi

Short breaks, pressure to make sales, covid

cool

very nice over all very good people to work with easy interview sometimes there’s drama but if you focus on the work you don’t have to worry about all that
Ambiente lavorativo

High expectations but a good work environment

High work expectations but a good work environment overall. Always have to work holidays and little work life balance. Great people to work with. Lots of work load for managers

Free products

Aspetti negativi

Working all holidays and unsteady schedule

Super inclusive & fun

I loved working for Sephora, through the pay was not great, the culture was awesome, as a minority I always felt included & the biggest perk is the free stuff!!

Free Product

Aspetti negativi

Having to look extra ready everyday

Dont do it

This company will screw you over any possible way they can. ZERO advancement opportunities. They don't care about you as an individual although the put a great of a show on that they do. You are nothing but a number to them.

Aspetti positivi

You learn new ways of how a company can screw you

All of it
Ambiente lavorativo

Good money very annoying micromanaging

Micromanagement is insane, very catty work place . Great brand reps and partners also the gratis . Very annoying and repetitive hourly reminders and micromanagement . The company is always change as to what they expect of their workers .

No work-life balance

i was super excited when i got a job offer at sephora, it's like a dream job for every girls who's passionate about make up, but after 2+ years going 3 working with sephora, you'll then realise that the management is treating us unfairly. when things happen, they'll be one sided and only support the manager or supervisor in charge even if you're not wrong. there's no point in you explaining. Ofcourse, retail is all about sales but they've pressured me enough to only check on me on how much sales ive done and pushing me to do more sales instead of asking my well-being. no staff welfare at all. Then there's this beauty advisors productivity monthly or individual sales to simplify, which will make all of us very competitive and it's a very toxic environment to be working in. if you're the lowest amongst your co-workers, you'll be mocked at and the manager will treat you differently. salary increment? once in a blue moon. there are staff who worked here for 8-10 years and only experienced 2 times of salary increment only. no career growth, cus all you got to do is sales and sales only. we're doing so much work, but we're underpaid. if you can handle peer pressure, go ahead.

freebies

Aspetti negativi

long hours, no staff welfare, bad management
Ambiente lavorativo

Fun place to work, will be micromanaged

This place was great for learning and experiencing the makeup world. The only complaint I have is the company values which they feel they value. You will be micro-managed to shove credit card sales down peoples throats and also push loyalty. If the managers don't hear you talking about it then you'll get scolded. The managers will sit and gab in the corner of the store but if you talk to your coworkers for .5 seconds they're on the walkie telling you to "move away from them and quit talking" so there's hypocrisy there. Was told for about a year I would be moved up into a higher position and then they hired someone else into it. They also laid off half their employees during the pandemic after telling each and every one of them they would "take care of them." I do not recommend working here, if you want to be micromanaged.
Ambiente lavorativo

Fast paced, fun, entry level job

This job is super fast paced and is on your feet all the time, and the management is flexible with college student schedules and other jobs. It is not for someone who wants a job with lots of downtime, and you must have skills in customer service. The only downside is in our current climate, customers are beginning to treat service employees worse than ever before, and my experience with this issue is the reason I left.

Aspetti positivi

free gratis/product, product training, inclusive team

Aspetti negativi

benefits only to ft or partial part time, work on holidays theyre open, on call schedules

Fun and flexible

I had a wonderful experience working at Sephora, definitely my favorite job I've had this far. Management was nice, pay was decent, and I received the hours I wanted.

Extremely corporate / retail based

I worked at Sephora for a small amount of time before the pandemic hit. Honestly, it was a fun job to be around make-up all day & making clients feel comfortable with their shopping experience. However, most of that was overshadowed by the management who treated us employees poorly. We were forced to constantly bother the same clients over and over again about products they are looking for (which led them to walk out with nothing), got yelled at for using the bathroom, they would use and abuse my work schedule however they please. Everything any of the beauty advisors did got yelled at. We would get yelled at for standing..... STANDING. Management completely ruined not only my experience, but my fellow colleagues I worked with.

Free makeup, education

Pay, short breaks, management
Questa recensione è stata utile?

Scopri l'ambiente lavorativo di questa azienda!

Chiedi informazioni su lavoro e colloqui presso Sephora. I nostri utenti sono pronti ad aiutarti!Fai una domanda

Valutazione complessiva