Logo Sephora
Sephora
3,9 su 5 stelle.
Ricevi aggiornamenti settimanali, nuove offerte di lavoro e recensioni

Recensioni dei dipendenti Sephora - Calgary, AB

UtilitàValutazioneData
18 recensioni corrispondenti alla ricerca.Leggi tutte le 4.565 recensioni

Great perks, hard environment

Recensione in evidenza su Indeed

La recensione più utile secondo Indeed
The perks are great here, 20% discount, 40% on house brand, free full size products every month (gratis) and they truly invest in their employees as long as you put in the work. Sephora is a breed of its own , but if you can learn it and grow with it , its pretty awesome with the best perks being for store directors, assistant directors and department managers. If you are one of them they get sent on a yearly trip (they had one in mexico) and when they come from this trip they get a HUGE box of gratis like over $5000 value. The hard part of working here is because you get gratis they feel they dont need to pay you as well, and also the high expectation of being perfect from saying the right verbiage to wearing min 5 visible pieces of make up at all time and the constant " coaching" and always being pushed that your good isnt good enough. Oh and if you have image issues be prepared as their uniforms on average make you go up 4 sizes

Starts out OK

Working here starts out ok, the pay is low and work load is high for people in the middle of salaried management and part time/casual. They hire at lowest amount possible, like any corporate job, and you have to fight for a livable wage. Attempt to take advantage of younger, inexperienced colleagues: hire as cashier wage and then put you in other positions for the day that pay more but "forget" to give you the higher wage. Expect to get called on days off, nights, etc when you are not there. I was called even after I quit. No work life balance. Leadership was unsupportive and micromanaged every task. Eventually making the place so toxic and unbearable everyone good leaves. Cultivated a gossiping Jr high environment.Gratis is ridiculously good though.

Gratis

Everything else

Sephora work experience

Working at Sephora is my dream come true! I love the environment and positivity. I have learned alot about sales and handling problems with clients. Sephora is a community where we care for everyone.
Ambiente lavorativo

Great introduction into customer service

I was not the best version of myself when I worked for this company, honestly, I wish I could've been so much better back then. I believe if I was who I am now I could've thrived. Because I think at Sephora you'll go as far as you want to and every member will support you along the way! It's really awesome to see artists start practicing on stage then go to traveling to events, taking on bookings, and doing their own artistry on the side while still maintaining a full-time position. This company offers so much incentive and gratis it's unbelievable. You can ask about learning more about other worlds, expanding your knowledge, possibly finding your passion. They host plenty of events and there is just so much room for opportunities that I wish I would've taken advantage of. You'll learn a lot there if you are open to it.
Ambiente lavorativo

Fast paced and at times intense.

Value based company as long as they aligned with the needs of the business not necessarily with the employee (work life balance). It was fast paced and I enjoyed the people/management I worked with while I was there. Unfortunately there was change in management and I could sense it was my time to leave before I was pushed out.
Questa recensione è stata utile?

Valuta il tuo ultimo datore di lavoro

Condividi la tua esperienza per aiutare gli altri

Ambiente lavorativo

Great jumping off point for makeup artists

Wonderful place to build and grow your skill set if you are new to the cosmetic industry. It allows for training in all brands and opens opportunities if you are looking to pursue a career with a brand in the cosmetic industry or the arts.

Overworked with small pay

Sephora should be a great place to work in theory. But the pay isn’t worth your work load. It’s a “fun” place to work. But hard to afford to live sadly.

Flexible hours

Pay

The people were great

I was only seasonal and I did not get hired beyond. Clients were hit and miss. Some very demanding and rude. But there were ones who made my day worthwhile.

Gratis

Lots of work

Poor Management, Great co-workers

The location I worked at had the highest volume of clients. My co-workers (cast members) are the only reason I was able to stay sane. Although I loved the management team as people, as actual managers they were terrible. Lack of communication, dishonesty, favoritism, and selfishness were very common among the managers which made growth within the store difficult. For a company that stresses customer service above everything, my location cared far more about the numbers rather then making clients happy. The longer I worked there the more I hated people, which was not what I wanted when I started

Benefits, Amazing Co-workers

Aspetti negativi

Poor management, kills your soul

Great at first

This job is super fun and leaning new things is great at first but the more you're there the less fun it gets. It is 100% impossible to move up unless you're willing to suck up to everyone (even then that doesn't work). Pay is ok but with minimum wage going up it'll be nothing special. Best part is the gratis since you'll never really need to buy make up again. Even then it's not worth the mental and physical abuse this job gives...especially when they won't let you phone in even with doctors note

Aspetti positivi

Gratis, free food on even days

Aspetti negativi

Long hours, management, no advancement, no work life balance

Busy Location, Coworkers like Family

The location I worked at was particularly busy, but at the same time everyone worked together really well which made the day go by a lot quicker. The benefits at Sephora for a full time Cast member are pretty good! Great job for someone who is passionate about makeup, skincare, or beauty in general.

Aspetti positivi

Making new friends, and benefits

Aspetti negativi

Busy, hard working, clientele can be rude
Ambiente lavorativo

Fun work environment, with good benefits and opportunities.

Although a fun work environment that was an excellent experience I found that the management did favorite certain individuals because they were friends thus giving them preferred treatment. Although it didn't affect me. I found it unprofessional. Besides that, I had a good experience there and would recommend this job to others.

Benefits, opportunities

Love the environment

Not a lot career opportunities for employees. Very good training system from different brands. Loving working in the fragrance filled environment, and helping ladies to be more beautiful and confident.

Really fun!

this is a really fun job, we often receive training on brands and products from brand representatives, receive gratis for learning about products, and get to make clients feel great about themselves. However this is still a retail job, and the pay is the biggest drawback to this job.

Gratis from brand trainings

Not great pay

fun environment

interesting place to work luxury goods retailer a different environment a different way of managing team was fun many different associates

make-up gratis, managing 20-30 cast members

extreme early morning schedule

Fast paced environment.

A typical day at work would be at the till ringing the customers through, answering the phones, helping people find products that they need. I learned a lot of excellent customer service tips that I will carry with me. There wasn't anything that I would say was hard, very easy simple job. The most enjoyable part was the team. The people I worked with were wonderful to work beside.

very upbeat, hardworking, fun

Although there is sometimes drama everyone usually gets along well and they have a very modern fun way of running their stores. They are a little too serious about their sales but it was fun working there. You learn a lot! and they really take their time educating you and making it a fun experience.

brand training

pushy about sales

Fantastic, people-minded organization

Collaborative work environments are a dream for some, but not at Sephora. Sephora has a strong "people-first" culture that includes everyone from the clients to the top tiers of Leadership. If you are looking for a truly supportive, yet passionate for results type of company, Sephora is eager to deliver and provide you with a structure like no other in Retail.

Strong relationship building
Questa recensione è stata utile?

Scopri l'ambiente lavorativo di questa azienda!

Chiedi informazioni su lavoro e colloqui presso Sephora. I nostri utenti sono pronti ad aiutarti!Fai una domanda

Valutazione complessiva