Sephora
3.9 su 5 stelle.
Ricevi aggiornamenti settimanali, nuove offerte di lavoro e recensioni

Recensioni dei dipendenti Sephora - Toronto, ON

Ordina per

UtilitàValutazioneData
65 recensioni corrispondenti alla ricerca.Leggi tutte le 4,621 recensioni
Ambiente lavorativo

Not bad, could be better

Recensione in evidenza su Indeed

La recensione più utile secondo Indeed
It really depends on the store you’re in, the demographic of your clientele, and most importantly the leadership team. I worked at 2 different stores, one of them had some problematic managers, the other one had excellent management, and it made all the difference for me. However, if you’re easily stressed out, this is not the job for you. It’s a very fast-paced environment, especially during the holidays. There will also be times where there will not be anywhere near enough staff coverage on the floor, or at cash, or a lot of the time, anywhere at all. But for the most part, it can be a really fun job with a great discount and amazing experiences

Gratis, discount, fun events

Aspetti negativi

Long hours, spotty work/life balance, stressful

Great co-workers and flexible Shifts

Overall a place I would rave about. Been working here for over two years and have been in two different locations. depending on management some things will be a bit different like the way some things are called but overall the job is very inclusive and is all about supporting staff members and always training members with new information weekly. Schedules are flexible and basic requirements like many retail stores. Everyone is always friendly and if you don't know much of the products another team member is always happy to help and guide you. Management is also great, every now and then there might be changes in management but we were always informed about who they are and in depth introduction so we don't feel left out of it. They are always about letting people grow and move up internally before hiring externally which is a plus. The hardest part of the job I'd say is remembering all the products and what they do but as time progress you either remember the important information or could always reach out to someone for help.

Aspetti positivi

Coworkers, being able to grow, discounts & incentives

Aspetti negativi

a lot of information to take in

Old staff (2018) amazing

Overall amazing experience that can be used to grow within the company! Just make sure to be proud of the work you do. I’m not sure what the environment is like today but I value their focus on education.

Strong Culture

What stands out is the strong culture and community among individual. Of course that is not the case in every single store. Gtreat environment for anyone who would like to make a career within the retail industry.

Aspetti positivi

Lots of trainings, gratis, and gifts!

Aspetti negativi

Hard to become full time, Not the best work life balance
Ambiente lavorativo

productive and fun work well with others

worked in a collaborative environmentprofessional and clean atmospheregreat customer serviceI had a great experience working at Sephora. The manager had an open door policy . I would have recommended this job to a friend. I enjoyed working with others. It was nice to wear a uniform and put on make up.

free cosmetics
Questa recensione è stata utile?

Valuta il tuo ultimo datore di lavoro

Condividi la tua esperienza per aiutare gli altri

Ambiente lavorativo

Competitive place with pretty good pay, but not a lot of advancement

Not sure if it was because they hired too many people, but we were not given a lot of hours. I worked about 4 hours a wee, which could not support me, so I had to get another job to support myself. Management was fine, but it is kind of competitive.

Free product, flexible schedule

Aspetti negativi

Litte to no hours, no advancment

Terrible Culture

Sephora has a terrible culture and no work life balance. This is made worse by them pretending to be an inclusive company. If you have children don’t work here. They are not accepting of work life balance at all.
Ambiente lavorativo

Great if you want a fun, slightly competitive, and busy workplace!

Great management if you take initiative and communicate your goals, fun but active workplace, you need to be able to multitask and be able to communicate with multiple levels of education to accommodate all clients in store. Initiative goes a long way! Excellent for giving training too!

Better than most jobs

You can honestly learn a lot of valuable things to apply to getting other jobs or life in general. I worked on getting out of my comfort zone, time management, and patience.

Gratis

Aspetti negativi

Some days are long when things are slow

Minimum wage, minimum benefits

If you're ok with being paid minimum wage, having your hours cut (sometimes drastically) and being spoken to/treated like a small child then you'll do ok here. Favouritism is rampant, with the hardest working people never being able to move up and how far you go is based on how well you can grease the wheel of your manager. I always felt this place was my destiny, when I got the job (I stayed with the company for 8 years) I was very let down.
Ambiente lavorativo

Very fun, exciting, enjoyable experience!

I worked as an Overnight Recovery during the holiday season and it was such an amazing experience given i had no prior experience. All my co-workers and supervisors were friendly, no problems and the best part was seeing new products that were launching soon. Typical work day was receiving shipping, putting the shipment away according to what section you were in. If done early we would help other coworkers. I would definitely go back in a heartbeat! Love it and the team was so lively!!

Aspetti positivi

We would get free products time to time.

Nothing!

Customer Service /Sales

Got a chance to deal with more high-end makeup brands Got makeup perks, involved in major information classes Dealt with great customers and co-workers

Aspetti positivi

Makeup perks and learning experience
Ambiente lavorativo

amazing and fun place to work

sephora was great. thought it got crazy working there (high traffic) every single night of each shift they'll take the time to apprciate us for the hard work and listened to the things that weren't so great about the day.
Ambiente lavorativo

long hours shifts, low payments but great staff

a great place to learn and have experience in cosmetic industries. however, the management dose not appreciate properly your hard work and the payment is not enough to cover your life.

free products

long hours, low payments

Overall good team

Working there made it fun and the team is well oiled and run. However they pay is not reflected on your work and the bonuses don't make sense. I could work my butt off for a month and get a $20.00 bonus.

great environment

terrible pay

fun but ..

love sephora love the company and the environment as in working in a fast paced place but the women there are catty managment plays favorites. if you can smile stay away from drama and be okay when coworkers arent that nice to honestly apply. i just mind my buisness when im there. just go do your work make people feel beautiful make some money and go home.

company is great

Aspetti negativi

people there are not so great
Ambiente lavorativo

Literally the best job ever

Cast members are supportive and friendly. You get a lot of good benefits. They're very strict about their clients and services but as long as you do what you're supposed to you will be fine.

Two 15 minute breaks and a lunch when you work a 9hr shift

No cons
Ambiente lavorativo

productive and new makeup skills done

Some clients may ask where particular products are located and i assist them to locate them and some clients ask for opinions on products and i give them general feedback. Some clients come to get their makeup done and i fulfil that.

free lunches

Ambiente lavorativo

Amazing work-life balance and friendly enviroment

Everyone is super friendly and helpful here!!! Since day one you can feel welcome. This helped me out to develop and learn skills that helped me out later on.

great culture

Sephora has many positive values and believes in equality and growth in it's employees. Although the work life balance that is stated needs more work.

Treated like a child

It can be a fun job but exhausting at times. for the amount of work you put in you don't get paid very much. pay your cast members a more appropriate wage and don't treat us like children, were all adults.
Questa recensione è stata utile?

Scopri l'ambiente lavorativo di questa azienda!

Chiedi informazioni su lavoro e colloqui presso Sephora. I nostri utenti sono pronti ad aiutarti!Fai una domanda

Valutazione complessiva