Logo Sephora
Sephora
3,9 su 5 stelle.
Ricevi aggiornamenti settimanali, nuove offerte di lavoro e recensioni

Recensioni dei dipendenti Sephora - Arlington, VA

UtilitàValutazioneData
10 recensioni corrispondenti alla ricerca.Leggi tutte le 4.561 recensioni

Fun Place to Work

Recensione in evidenza su Indeed

La recensione più utile secondo Indeed
If you love make-up, helping others, and learning, Sephora may be almost perfect for you. I worked in a major US city area, so there were senior artists who came weekly to train people in our store (NOTE: not all locations have that Senior Artist support that frequently). I loved working there, worked hard, enjoyed helping customers and the store meet goals. Management can really make the difference in your store though. Unfortunately, the manager at the store I worked at forced me to resign, claiming my new availability (Sun and Mon off but unrestricted availability all other days) didn't meet the needs of the company even though this same manager permitted one of her employees to work 1 day PER MONTH simply so that employee could keep getting gratis!!! I asked if other stores could use my availability, but this was non-negotiable with her. Very disappointing, but still enjoyed my time there overall.

Microwave Culture

To the naked eye Sephora seems like a dream job. Wonderful benefits, and a place to be yourself...or so I thought. Living in a major city where the cost of living is increasingly unbearable, the hourly rate is not enough especially for all the work I do. The company is ran by people who does not understand the culture of the beauty industry and is very much an oh so apparent cast system.
Ambiente lavorativo

Poor Management, no room for growth

Management at Sephora is really poor. They don't value there employees, there's a lot of underhanded racism and discrimination throughout the work environment. Management only looks out for its employees when it's to there benefit. There's too much focus on technology and not enough on driving sales and artistry. Leadership also does not know how to properly communicate with there team, and every thing is done sneakily and often with underlying intent. There are no type of benefits provided for part-time employees, also they don't except doctors notes for when you have to call out sick.
Ambiente lavorativo

The best place to start out

Sephora is a place to start because is gives you great exposure to so many brands. The education and teamwork at Sephora is much different than what you see in the industry. A great place in general to work.

Aspetti positivi

Lots of Education and Gratis

Aspetti negativi

The salary

Fun,Busy,and organized

There is a goal set for each day. Surpassing goals overall monthly would mean a bonus. The bonus is dependent on how much was made over goal. Fast paced environment with lots of brands and products to learn about. Gratis is given quarterly so you can experience the products that you're selling. Clients are usually nice and you get apply makeup on them.
Questa recensione è stata utile?

Valuta il tuo ultimo datore di lavoro

Condividi la tua esperienza per aiutare gli altri

Working Here

Working at Sephora was an overall amazing experience. The place is great, the management I had however, sucked. I would word there again if they paid more than $12 an hour and management improved.
Ambiente lavorativo

great place for learning make up skills, building up client service skills and there's a lot of upward growth.

Great place to learn. we are given an extensive platform for training and education. sephora culture promotes a fun place to be. niche brands are well received since they support start-up brands.

A place of creation

My experiences while working for Sephora were both phenomenal and humbling. A typical day consisted of store maintenance, client enlightenment as well as sales and new product training depending on new arrivals. I've learned how to satisfy a client to the highest standard of customer service as well as how important fine details are in a sales environment in order to secure return business. Sephora's management at the location I worked at was scattered at times, and weren't although they constantly inquired about how they could better the work environment, there was little to no change in the duration of the time that I spent with the company. My coworkers were all wonderful people. They were so amazingly different in so many ways and very talented individuals with a lot of drive and initiative. The most difficult portion of my job would definitely have had to have been leaving at the end of my shift. There was always so much to do and the distribution of tasks were not as they should have been, so when the time to retire for the day was upon me, I would find myself still deeply immersed in my work. The most enjoyable part of my job was creating joy for individual clients who were going through something in their lives, or who were taken under by their day. The smiles and laughter shared between myself and the clients made working at Sephora a wonderful experience and worth every trial and tribulation that was faced while working at that location.

Aspetti positivi

surplus of knowledge, great connectivity with people from different walks of life, perfection and cultivation of my artistry skills

Aspetti negativi

little to no consideration for personal time management by superiors in my previous location
Ambiente lavorativo

Great company to work for

Sephora was a great place to work. Had great supervisors.The team work was incredible and co-workers were a joy to work with.
Ambiente lavorativo

This job was fun, creative, and artictic!

At Sephora I started out as a makeup artist doing one on one consultations and facials. I was a member of a thirty person team. I learned about audience selling and soon after that I became the go to person to train the rest of the team in new brands. I was promoted to color lead and was inducted in to the traveling color team to teach other stores across the country and doing the makeup for Sephora events. The traveling was my favorite part and the hardest part was cleaning and maintenance.
Questa recensione è stata utile?

Scopri l'ambiente lavorativo di questa azienda!

Chiedi informazioni su lavoro e colloqui presso Sephora. I nostri utenti sono pronti ad aiutarti!Fai una domanda

Valutazione complessiva