Logo Sephora
Sephora
3,9 su 5 stelle.
Ricevi aggiornamenti settimanali, nuove offerte di lavoro e recensioni

Recensioni dei dipendenti Sephora - Brooklyn, NY

UtilitàValutazioneData
17 recensioni corrispondenti alla ricerca.Leggi tutte le 4.561 recensioni

Fun when you start off,

Recensione in evidenza su Indeed

La recensione più utile secondo Indeed
Enjoyed my job at first, engagement changed, now despise it.You need to find a manager who you know you can trust to move up in the company. Coworkers can be catty

Great company

Good company to work for 401K and benefits a company where you can grow and become the person you want . Very diverse and always place for Development.

Love and inspiration

I fell deeply in love with Sephora when I started in 2002! By far the best work experience of my life! I was treated like royalty for years. Things began to change once one a Key VP past away, she was the glue! A stellar business woman that left an indelible mark on every one she touched. The parent company moved people around and got rid of key people in soul of the operation. I got fired in 2015 which was my own fault, honestly I was under so much pressure that it was a relief. I still have love for all that Sephora taught me and I still use my skills every day! An incredible experience!!!!

Aspetti positivi

Amazing people and free products

Cut throat ambitious Store Directors

Cashier/Beauty Advisor

Really enjoyed working at Sephora. It was a fun and productive environment. Every day, you’d learn something new. At my store, the employees and management were super nice, which made work enjoyable. Time does fly by because theres constant working and helping clients.

Breaks, Gratis, Great coworkers

Aspetti negativi

Poor communication from higher management

Sephora

While working for the company i was under paid. I was risking my life on a daily basis to protect the company assets but never got recognized. There is alot of favoritism with managers and staff. If you are not a manager favorite, you will never succeed in sephora. They pick choose who they want to promote or recognize. Great staff and met alot of nice people. Training is great and i learn alot working there.
Questa recensione è stata utile?

Valuta il tuo ultimo datore di lavoro

Condividi la tua esperienza per aiutare gli altri

Ambiente lavorativo

a fun work place and productivity

It is a pleasure working at sephora. Not only because i love makeup, but also because as a beauty advisor, the feeling of meeting all of my customers needs is very satisfying and comfort ability, friendliness, and care that my staff members provide towards me makes me feel more than loved.

goal oriented

A typical day in Sephora is making sure we reach goals and making sure all customers are leaving satisfied. We made sure we are efficient when it comes to color matching.

Beautiful Studio , Beautiful People

I just started so I cant say much besides EVERYONE was nice. I was interviewed by two extremely nice people and they made me feel so welcomed. It was more like a conversation then a interview.

Aspetti positivi

the gratis, discounts and the coworkers

the hours

loved it

i grew alot at sephora. i learned everything i need to continue down my career path. when there i did what needed to be done and moved forward quickly within the company

free products

needs better mgmt
Ambiente lavorativo

co workerd made it easier

It's difficult you have to help everyone, clients are very tough, but your cast will make it better. You don't get quick promotions,long days short breaks
Ambiente lavorativo

It is a fun upbeat job but sometimes management can be draining

I would say for a teenager or early adult it is a fun job , you might come across obstacles but with the right management team you can overcome those obstacles.

Friendly staff

Poor management

productive and fun job

the work place culture is awesome, everyone treats each other like family. They also work great with scheduling and helping you work and life balance

Fun for Part Time, Not Always Stable for Pay

Great company, but experience varies on location. If a store does well, you can get sales bonuses and hours aplenty. If sales are down, hours are cut to the bone. People tend to be friendly, though.

Fun but managment

Working for Sephora is fun at first but I failed to realize how high in demand makeup currently is. On a weekday from about 10am-3pm it would be mostly slow. After 4pm til about closing the store would be busy. On weekends the store is a mad house, especially around holidays which is expected for retail. Management is very "flakey". The managers can be helpful about 30% of the time but the rest of the time they were M.I.A. There were plenty of times where the floor would be understaffed and it would be busy and management felt it was okay to remove certain staff members from an already low staffed floor to have lunch for about 3 or 4 hours. Management for JcPenney was fine but Sephora management NEEDS to make changes. My coworkers were very supportive and informative and I'm grateful for all they helped me with. The hardest part of the job was accommodating all the clients when we were severely understaffed. I can recall a Saturday where there was only 3 girls on the floor and the store was completely full. Having three girls means: one is on register, one was doing makeovers, and one was assisting clients. Trying to assist 10 people at one time with makeup is mentally and physically exhausting. That day was they first time I ever felt defeated by my job. Management felt no remorse or concern at the time. Sephora is a great company and I love working there but management needs to changed.

Gratis, Samples, training on products

no organization, chaotic workplace

Sephora is great

Sephora is a great place to work if you need a part time job. The hours change during seasonal periods, but when they're available they give them out.
Ambiente lavorativo

Fun and positive work enviorment

Sephora is a great company to work for. Their core values (if followed) can produce a fun, positive, and productive enviorment.

Monthly Bonuses

Short breaks
Ambiente lavorativo

Very productive and fast paced environment

A typical day at work consisted of coming in around 5 a.m. once or twice in the week and leaving around 11 a.m. From that time frame, I would unpack incoming shipment with my team members and stock gondolas (makeup displays) and make sure each brand was displayed to perfection. Also, I would get ready to change positions and go on stage (selling floor) as a beauty adviser where I would greet clients that come into my area and make sure they are well taken care of, and eventually lead them to the check out areas after satisfying their needs. Satisfying their needs mainly consisted of recommending products that I like and know for a fact that works, making samples for the clients and/or even express check out using the mobile devise that is only for debit or credit cards. I have learned a lot more things about make-up than I knew. For example, achieving a flawless foundation routine by simply incorporating a luminous primer from any brand and mixing it with your foundation of any kind, to get that fresh awaken dewy look. Management was very friendly and approachable, I enjoyed being in their presence because they really cared about their cast members (employees) and what was going on with them. Most importantly, they stayed on top of your performance and made sure you were giving nothing but your best. My co-workers (cast members) were extremely great! They were always open to my questions and always gave a positive response, as if they were eager to teach a "rookie" and I learned plenty from each of them. One of my coworkers actually taught me that an eye liner makes -
Questa recensione è stata utile?

Scopri l'ambiente lavorativo di questa azienda!

Chiedi informazioni su lavoro e colloqui presso Sephora. I nostri utenti sono pronti ad aiutarti!Fai una domanda

Valutazione complessiva