Logo Sephora
Sephora
3,9 su 5 stelle.
Ricevi aggiornamenti settimanali, nuove offerte di lavoro e recensioni

Recensioni dei dipendenti Sephora - Garden City, NY

Ordina per

UtilitàValutazioneData
16 recensioni corrispondenti alla ricerca.Leggi tutte le 4.561 recensioni
Ambiente lavorativo

Your happiness depends on the managers

Recensione in evidenza su Indeed

La recensione più utile secondo Indeed
When its good, it’s great. When it’s bad, it’s really bad.Pros: Co-workers were beyond amazing and supportive, anyone catty or mean never lasted long. You get a lot of free makeup and skincare. If you want to grow in the beauty industry and get entry level experience first, Sephora is great. They provide daily training and you can meet and network with so many people and brands outside of Sephora and come in to boost their brands sales. Take advantage of this, someone that interviewed me at another company I actually already was friendly with at Sephora. Even thought a lot of clients can be horrible, you do meet some absolute gems that will make your day.Cons: management is constantly changing. Which means what they expect from you slightly changes and everyone will handle the schedule differently. Managers choose their favorites and will give them every Sunday off yet ignore any of your requests off and only post the weekly schedule literally 3-4 days before the start of that schedule. Customers can be outright nasty and demanding, you need to have tough skin. Pay is lower than other cosmetic company’s for the same role. I worked hard and poured my heart into working there for years and ultimately left after they refused to give me time off for an important surgery (NOT paid time off, I just asked to not work for a week in order to recover) and they gave me an insulting $0.14 raise each year despite my perfect yearly performance reviews. Coworkers will appreciate you, most managers don’t.

Aspetti positivi

Coworkers, networking, experience and training, free makeup

Aspetti negativi

Almost all of management is a joke and unfair, the yearly “raises” are an absolute joke

Cashier

Cashier during holiday season. Overall had a great experience. Able to work with customers on a daily and help them with making decisions on what products worked best for them. Mangement overall wasn't the best at the location.
Ambiente lavorativo

Very productive and fun place to work. Always learning

I loved working at Sephora. I am grateful for everything i have learned and the many genuine and caring people i have met there. It is a great environment to work with and i liked most that i was always productive because it was always busy. what i loved most though, was of course doing makeup on the wonderful clients and their reaction when i was done was heart warming. This is what i love to do.

Fast Paced and Enjoyable

Super fun to work there and be surrounded by so many beauty products. I swear I learned something new every day. A typical day consisted of working at the cash register and sometimes greeting at the front entrance, working mobile checkout stations.

Sephora is amazing

I love Sephora, I truly enjoyed the freedom that I am given when managing my team. I loved the culture, I think that there is an overall growth mindset that separates us from the competition.

flexible schedule, gratis

Aspetti negativi

working holidays can be tough, but it's retail
Questa recensione è stata utile?

Valuta il tuo ultimo datore di lavoro

Condividi la tua esperienza per aiutare gli altri

Ambiente lavorativo

Fun work place poor management

I started as a seasonal part time employee then became a permanent part time employee, once I became full time I realized the 8 to 9 hour shift on my feet was torture, and I went back down to part time. I worked as a color consulant for 5+ years with no real “growth” in the company. Was offer a more advance position with no pay increase. That’s when I knew this job wasnt for me. However, if your a new makeup artist and you would like to better your craft this is the place for you to learn how to do makeup working as a color consulant . I learn sooooo much about different brands , and makeup application. I went from only knowing how to apply my makeup to knowing how to apply everyone’s makeup like a pro.

Aspetti positivi

Receive discount on products, receive free makeup skincare and fragrance, good health insurance

Aspetti negativi

Long hours on you feet, poor management team, no to very little advancement

Great Job n

Great place to help your practice your craft and a great way to learn how to be outgoing and build relationships with clients. Customer service trainings were always helpful.
Ambiente lavorativo

A great Company to work for

Sephora is an amazing company to work for especially because of the company mission and values, if followed by the retail stores properly. Of course every store is different but generally there is growth opportunities and growth from within is promoted. There's a lot of focus on training and education which employees get on a regular basis.
Ambiente lavorativo

its okay for a start up career

you don't really get much product when you tell customer how it works. the management are not great. its very great looking for a come up. and networking

Fun place to work

I worked at Sephora for some time while I was still in school. It was fun as a side hobby. A typical day consisted of assisting clients with products and some make overs here and there.

Discounts and gratis

Aspetti negativi

Understaffed most of the time.

Very fun

of all retail I've worked in this has been the best experience by far. everyone is understanding, you make friends and you get monthly free makeup!! i also always got recognition for doing my job and going above and beyond.

free makeup

not much personal time
Ambiente lavorativo

Amazing Gratis and fun and creative work enviorment

Staff was very friendly, learn new and exciting ways to interact with clients. Great place to develop skills in makeup and increase your knowledge on skincare. very fun enviorment.

Aspetti positivi

Great place to start if your looking to work in the makeup field.

Aspetti negativi

hours are minimal and pay was not so great

Fun and productive place

Very fast paced, constantly helping customers, variety of products sold at the store, overall very fun and positive environment to work work in. Lots of free goodies.

sales rep

recommend products that are suitable to client learned facts about products knowing which product is for each skin type most enjoyable part is meeting new people with different ideas

great produces gratis, education

not enough pay
Ambiente lavorativo

problems

a typical day at work is making sure the money throughout the store is correct and there isn't any shortage as the day goes on. Banking is another part of my day, ordering money and paying the bank back its its loans.

paid okay

healthcare, lunch breaks
Ambiente lavorativo

I love working for Sephora, it's a great company. There is hardly a dull moment i work with great people. I love being a skincare consultant I learn something new everyday. The hardest part of my job is to actually please my client, there is always someone who will be unhappy about something...

Aspetti positivi

gratis, i get lots of skincare products, makeup, fragrances for free.

it's retail...
Questa recensione è stata utile?

Scopri l'ambiente lavorativo di questa azienda!

Chiedi informazioni su lavoro e colloqui presso Sephora. I nostri utenti sono pronti ad aiutarti!Fai una domanda

Valutazione complessiva