Logo Sephora
Sephora
3,9 su 5 stelle.
Ricevi aggiornamenti settimanali, nuove offerte di lavoro e recensioni

Recensioni dei dipendenti Sephora - Houston, TX

Ordina per

UtilitàValutazioneData
41 recensioni corrispondenti alla ricerca.Leggi tutte le 4.561 recensioni
Ambiente lavorativo

Fun workplace but hard to move up

Recensione in evidenza su Indeed

La recensione più utile secondo Indeed
For the most part it’s a fun place to work. I will say though that the company is more about the number than about the artistry. They set you up for success to move up but takes forever to actually advance. And asking for full time is like pulling teeth. Overall a nice place to work but not something that should be seen as a permanent place to stay.

Aspetti positivi

Flexible hours, decent pay, fun coworkers, good education

Aspetti negativi

Hard to get full time, hard to advance within the company, too much focus on the numbers

They care!!

They have paid trainings for everything so there is no reason for you not to know how to do your job. And if you are not happy with what you are doing you can change worlds.

You travel for training

Typical retail environment

I love working at Sephora , you get lots of perks and it’s generally a fun environment. However as with all retail jobs it’s very demanding and exhausting .
Ambiente lavorativo

Fun job and learning experience

It’s a fun job they offer educational classes for makeup and skin care. If you like to wake up with make up this is the job to be. The company makes it fun and challenging.

Fun Environment

The work environment is fast paced and the customers are always fun but there is no room to grow here. The management does not like to promote within. Its a shame that you can work your hardest and not even be considered for a higher position.
Questa recensione è stata utile?

Valuta il tuo ultimo datore di lavoro

Condividi la tua esperienza per aiutare gli altri

Sephora is LOVE

I loved working at Sephora. I was an color artist and I always did demos and always had clients for make overs . The employees I worked with were great. I was also being trained in skin care and fragrance.

Great hours and people

Aspetti negativi

The customers can be a little rude but look past that

Do not work here

Not a good place to work. No hours, one time they only gave me 4 hours for the whole week. Then one day I went to check my schedule and it was no Fay’s the next week my log in did not work. When I would call to see about schedule I would just be put on hold. No one ever told me I was fired or gave me reason just kept leaving me on hold.

Discounts are good

Bad management

Hours

If they would actually give people the proper amount of hours I would have loved to stay but sadly only getting 8hours a week isn’t worth it. Part time was barely getting 8 while full time was barely getting 15.

Sephora

Sephora is a really fun place to work at if you don’t mind working your way up. I love working there, but the hours are not the best which is why i said (working your way up), I was told when I was hired that I would be certified to do custom makeovers but that never happened. I always told managers about my skills with operations but was not taken that serious

Fun place to work

Hours are not the best

Great Company With a Few Bad Apples

Sephora has awesome values as a company, but those values are rarely used when it comes to management in certain Sephora locations. It's sad to say favoritism and friendships have more to do with career advancement than actual talent and morals. Sephora's pay cannot support the average cost of living in the Houston area, although other cosmetic retailers, MAC being one for example, can indeed support the cost of living. You have to beg for career advancement, for benefits, and for higher pay regardless of how exceptional of an employee you are.

training, gratis, events

favoritism, bad management, competitive
Ambiente lavorativo

slightly cramped but still good

the location was a little small but the staff was very welcoming, coworkers helped me learn the ins and outs of the store fairly quickly. it had a lot of bending down and i have a bad back and bad knees so it just wasn't a good fit for me but it was a very good work environment

Aspetti positivi

free lunches during the holidays, friendly staff, friendly managers

awesome company

a great company to work for, fast paced friendly staff amazing bosses there's a place to grow and learn new things. teamwork is very important. must be flexible

Loving it

I became an artist so I could work for Sephora and it’s been my goal/dream for work for company since I picked up a blending brush. this job is everything I thought it would be in more. Everyone is extremely nice (only a few phony’s and meanys but that’s everywhere you work). They are really big on knowledge and education which I love. There are so many places to grow within the company and so paths you can take. The managers honestly care about you and your growth with the company. My only really issues with the mangers is they are spread too thin, so there simply isn’t enough time for all of us, there’s so many cast members and only like 5 DICs it’s a little ridiculous, but hopefully that’s an issue they will realize and fix. But it’s not even that big of an issue to be honest. I will 1000000% retire from Sephora.

Aspetti positivi

Discount, education, free products, work life balance

Retail hours

Great Started Job

I was with the company for several years. I loved the job, but advancement was extremely political and I felt stalled after a few years. Overall, very happy with the experience.
Ambiente lavorativo

Cool work place to develop as a MUA

Awesome place to get tons of practice in with clients, skintones, and gaining product knowledge! Sometimes hard to achieve balance with as crazy as it can get.

Aspetti positivi

Lots of room to move around within company, free product

Aspetti negativi

Very easy to become lost in the mix, need to be persistant
Ambiente lavorativo

Fun, fast paced work environment

There is a goal set for each day. Surpassing goals overall monthly would mean a bonus. The bonus is dependent on how much was made over goal. Fast paced environment with lots of brands and products to learn about. Gratis is given quarterly so you can experience the products that you're selling. Clients are usually nice and you get apply makeup on them. I left because I finished school and couldn't stand the current manager. Actually over half of the team quit within 6 months.

Aspetti positivi

free lunches with credit card applications are met

Manager was just awful

unfair and judgmental environment

i was given no hours and when trying to still learn everything i was penalized a lot for things i did not know but i never went through proper training at the right time.

free makeup

everything else was terrible

Fun

If you are young and glamorous it's an awesome job. Working with make up opens a lot of doors. Management was a bit Sassy though. Everything is girly, pretty, and fun. The hardest part was dealing with unreasonable customers. I really enjoyed making women look and feel beautiful.

Free Makeup

Pay

Fun Place to Work

Though retail can be stressful, the team always tries their best to make sure everyone is having a good time. Working with makeup and customers is very fun and the managers always have your back. Tons of training. The only thing I didn't like was the hours because in any retail company you pretty much work all weekends. Besides that, I truly enjoyed my time there and would go back if I could!

Gratis, Employee Discount, Training

Aspetti negativi

Lots of Weekend Hours (the busiest time is the weekend)

fun proactive work enviornment

Productive, fun, professional work environment. Most enjoyable part of the job would be the achievement celebrations. Management is laid back and reasonable.

fun fast pace environment

working here was really fun, the energy was always high and everyone is very friendly..It can get stressful sometimes though because of the location of the store.The galleria gets pretty busy but it males the day go by fast

fun

Aspetti negativi

it can get busy and hectic
Questa recensione è stata utile?

Scopri l'ambiente lavorativo di questa azienda!

Chiedi informazioni su lavoro e colloqui presso Sephora. I nostri utenti sono pronti ad aiutarti!Fai una domanda

Valutazione complessiva