Sephora
3.8 su 5 stelle.
Ricevi aggiornamenti settimanali, nuove offerte di lavoro e recensioni

Recensioni dei dipendenti Sephora - Indianapolis, IN

UtilitàValutazioneData
18 recensioni corrispondenti alla ricerca.Leggi tutte le 4,672 recensioni

About Sephora

Recensione in evidenza su Indeed

La recensione più utile secondo Indeed
sephora for me is the best job i’ve ever had. the customers are great some of my coworkers are great, i just feel i need to relocate. management and some of the drama between coworkers is getting out of hand and unreasonable. i’m no longer happy that’s how bad it’s gotten. i love being with the customers and helping them i just need to find a new location to do that with. i love the benefits and the fun outfits and events that we have as well besides the drama, everything else is great.

Eh, it was okay

It wasn't necessarily fair which location I worked at but we were told to prevent shoplifting yet we could do nothing to prevent it so there wasnt anything we could do.
Ambiente lavorativo

Sephora was a great company, JCP was not

Working for Sephora is a great experience and I recommend every beauty buff apply. I have my esthetician's license and was able to really move a lot of product with my knowledge and expertise so that enabled me to ask for and get more money that a basic starting BA (beauty advisor). The manager at Sephora IJCP was also wonderful. She did a great job really managing us the team and getting us balanced with the artists and and brand ambassadors working great together. It was JCP that screws it up. JCP would often try to get us to leave our store and go work for them on the floor and clean up the clothes and recovery at night and that is NOT what we were hired for. Also JCP policies are very strict unlike Sephora's company culture. There was a high pressure to get credit card applications from people in our shop even though they couldnt use their discount or coupons on any of our products and most or our customers werernt jcp customers, but Sephora customers. I understand they are trying to bridge that gap like A Macys or Saks, but its not that type of store and will never have that clientele so holding us hostage at night to do their bidding was annoying.

Aspetti positivi

great technique classes and lots of gratis!

horrible work life balance

Fun place to work.

If you are a makeup and skin care lover, you will be intrigued. Only issue I had was management, who stayed in her office, and never wanted to assist staff if needed.

Sephora

Its every make up artist dream. Working a sephora is more about sales and merchadising than actul make up artistry. We are also really into education of the skin as well. So if your looking for a job where you think your just going to do pretty eye make up all day Sephora is company that looks to educate there clients and bring them back for more.

free products, discounts

retails hours
Questa recensione è stata utile?

Valuta il tuo ultimo datore di lavoro

Condividi la tua esperienza per aiutare gli altri

Ambiente lavorativo

Every store and leader is different

While for the most part the company is great, it is still retail and every store is different. Favoritism is prevalent in certain stores and with certain leadership at all levels in store and beyond. The company culture is great and there is room for advancement to a point but you have to be willing to play the game.

gratis, brand training, products

inconsistent messaging, favoritism, pay
Ambiente lavorativo

Corporate job: it has taught me so much more than any other experience.

Working at Sephora has been very beneficial to me. This is my first corporate job and it has opened my eyes to what it takes to better myself as a professional. Again, Sephora has become like a family to me. My store means a great deal to me and I see this as a job that can take me places.

n/a

I was blessed to have worked for Sephora for a number years. Unfortunately, with no career advancement oppurtunities, I have opted to reignite my job search.

Should be more fun

Low pay for a lot of work, management is more of micro managing other artists. THey also are in the office for hours a day not being present on the stage, overall it was ok but I would not return to work there.

Free Products

You recieve free product while working there. And a discount. Just not the best with hours. Hardest part is dealing with some of the clients and the best part is the discount and free product.

free stuff

bad hours
Ambiente lavorativo

Appearances arent always as they seem

Where this job maybe fun from the outside, when you get your foot inside the door the rose colored glasses come off. The perks of gratis is wonderful but its not worth the work. The money does not make up for the stress on the body and mind.

Great Learning

Sephora was great for a learning experience. Would not work for them again however it was in my younger years and used it as an area to grow in retail

Great place to grow

Sephora gives great training and feedback on daily tasks. High volume stores get busy and everyone has to work as a team to make it less overwhelming, but it's a fun environment to work in.

Aspetti positivi

Fun place, comfortable attire, gratis

Work life balance
Ambiente lavorativo

Cast members are great to work with, but the management is very unorganized and unprofessional.

I worked here since this store opened and started to lose interest in the past few years. Management could have been more organized and professional.

Monthly bonuses for everyone

Aspetti negativi

Unorganized, unprofessional and showing favoritism
Ambiente lavorativo

Great starting pay, hard to advance e

An incredible work place with awesome benefits but very hard to be full time/in management. Great job for a student or second job for someone looking to work 10-15 hours a week.....

Great compensation, awesome culture

Aspetti negativi

Difficulty advancing, working nights/weekends, inconsistent schedule

Management is shady

Sephora is known to be a fun place to shop, but not a fun place to work. You work, but aren't appreciated. No one wants to work where management acts shady.

Free merchandise

Unorganized and no communication
Ambiente lavorativo

Great Education, Great clients, Fun atmosphere!

A very fun atmosphere when in a busy store, I learned a lot of product knowledge every day, and especially when the beauty educator came in. Management could be better, there was no one on one communication or encouragement, and i think everyone can benefit from that. Plus there was a high turn-over because of management. Co-workers were amazing we were like family! I loved working with clients, doing makeup, teaching clients about the benefits of skincare, teaching my team about new products and skincare, and making people feel beautiful and great about themselves again! Hardest part of the job was going from a high volume store with a lot of traffic to a low volume store where we had to beg people to step in.

Aspetti positivi

Gratis, great clients, continuing education

Work-life balance, hours
Ambiente lavorativo

Fun for people who LOVE cosmetics

The management is very VERY confusing....getting shipments that should not have been sent, being sent the wrong things, being sent things for an event after the event. My job was to keep track of these things, but I found that I was not able to keep up with the chaos. I found myself saying, often, "This company seems to be run by a bunch of 17 year old interns." Communication is absent. But, some people find cosmetics themselves fun and exciting and they like working there.

free cosmetics

Bad communication with staff
Questa recensione è stata utile?

Scopri l'ambiente lavorativo di questa azienda!

Chiedi informazioni su lavoro e colloqui presso Sephora. I nostri utenti sono pronti ad aiutarti!Fai una domanda

Valutazione complessiva