Sephora
3,9 su 5 stelle.
Ricevi aggiornamenti settimanali, nuove offerte di lavoro e recensioni

Recensioni dei dipendenti Sephora - Los Angeles, CA

Titolo
Località
41 recensioni corrispondenti alla ricerca.
Leggi tutte le 4.527 recensioni
Ambiente lavorativo
Overall great experience working at Sephora. Lots of feedback from management. Loved the education, client interaction, samples, gratis. This is a company I would recommend working for.
Ambiente lavorativo
Too much for too little is the best way to describe Sephora. They expect so much but don’t always hold up their end of the bargain. I truly regret applying to Sephora.
Free product
Aspetti negativi
Attitude, mgmt only care about sales not you
Ambiente lavorativo
Great company to work for with great perks and benefits (employee discount, free merchandise, health insurance, dental insurance, 401k, PTO/time off, etc.) there’s potential to move around in the company laterally or promotions. They handled the pandemic well with safety measures and a sense of job security for tenured employees. If business is slow, payroll hours are reduced like any other retail job. Compensation and salary could be adjusted according to work duties. Sometimes it feels like we’re being overworked for not enough compensation. Overall it’s a great company to work for to network and learn about customer service in a service first mindset.
Aspetti positivi
Gratis, health benefits, people, sense of teamwork
Aspetti negativi
Compensation, work load, payroll constraints, development opportunities
Ambiente lavorativo
It's retail. Clients can be very rude. Management takes little interest in developing Beauty Advisors' skills. Minimum wage, no benefits. It's cool if you're not looking for a thriving career.
Gratis, Employee Discount
Toxic Attitudes, Low Pay, No Medical/Dental Benefits
Ambiente lavorativo
Sephora is overal a good company to work. I wish they would pay you better for what any role in store. Is great that you a lot of gratis (free products) to try out.
Questa recensione è stata utile?
Valuta il tuo ultimo datore di lavoro
Condividi la tua esperienza per aiutare gli altri
Ambiente lavorativo
Everyone is for themselves- at least at the location I worked at. No one was willing to cover shifts. My coworkers were mean and judgmental - coworkers at the same “level” as me tried to boss me around. Management doesn’t even trust employees- they check our bags every time we leave the store.
Free makeup
Coworkers
Ambiente lavorativo
Great experience. Worked there for over two years. All my coworkers were great and managers were very supportive. There was room for growth and a lot of flexibility
Ambiente lavorativo
I only worked at one location so I can only speak of my experience there. Great GM who really cared about associates!!! The seasoned employees are the ones who like to gossip the most!!! Lol If you're new keep your eyes open to who is friends with who and keep your personal stuff to yourself unless you want everyone to know your business. Like I said I had a great Gm who wanted people to get promoted! Oh yea and great Gratis!
Gratis.
mean girl spirit
Ambiente lavorativo
Wonderful job and place to grow if your lucky enough to work in areas and districts with decent managers. Promotions come from being friendly with DMs not necessarily from your hard word and initiative. I saw a store director harass many employees, even after reporting it she was still promoted to corporate as “people development” when she defiantly lacked that.
Aspetti positivi
Great compensation, benefits, gratis.
Aspetti negativi
No work life balance, management is not personable to sales floor employees, never rotating weekend days off.
Ambiente lavorativo
Loved the atmosphere! If you love makeup, you will love it here! I loved my co- workers and helping customers. This is definitely a great place to work.
Ambiente lavorativo
Great place to work!! Great people too!! I loved my experience there! So many great new opportunities I was able to participate in and grow from!!! The culture is definitely a beauty community!
Gratis/ people
Management bias
Ambiente lavorativo
It’s a fun company to work for, but no benefits for non-exempt employees, very low starting wage, and you don’t get paid enough for all they have you do. They say they encourage promotion, but they pick and choose, and do nothing to help you promote. Unstable schedule, with on-calls so you’re never able to make plans after work.
Discounted merchandise
Unstable schedule, low pay
Ambiente lavorativo
Working at Sephora is a great environment if you want to learn more about cosmetelogy or becoming an esthetician. The leadership is very supporting and encouraging in anything the employee wants to do within the company.
Ambiente lavorativo
If you need a job to fit your school schedule and not that much for money then this is it. Benefits given only if you work certain amount of hours. 401k available. Tight on the purse strings when it comes to paying you what your worth. You don’t need to be licensed. Gratis is good, but you get more if you work more hours. Great advancement opportunities if this will be your career.
Ambiente lavorativo
I like to be creative and they let me do what I thought was best and individual I needed to be very happy and communicate with others and I was always engaging
Ambiente lavorativo
Though this was a temporary job, it was one that was quite interesting. Learning about makeup and skin care products had its advantage. Creating a clean working environment for customers and staff was a rewarding factor and learning the overall development of products and the way operations were ran,
Ambiente lavorativo
At Sephora they offer education on every product from A to Z. As an employee you get to know all new trends and products before they hit the shelves. Its a wonderful way to earn extra cash while in school.
Aspetti positivi
Sephora has an awesome structure which provides education and plenty of gratis and rewards
Aspetti negativi
The hours flex based on business. I dont recommend working here to pay your rent or car note.
Ambiente lavorativo
Good education opportunities for those who want them. Poor compensation and hours can vary greatly due to payroll. Past childbirth, there is no work-life balance consideration. Plus side--they hire interesting people from all walks of life.
Ambiente lavorativo
As an exempt manager, the administrative work load is heavy, especially if you work in a high volume store. Most high level managers are fake and no room for transparent pushback. Compensation is great and bonuses are lucrative.
Aspetti positivi
Kind staff, lunch from third party brand partners, compensation
Aspetti negativi
Work life balance, ridiculous work loads and constantly changing objectives and direction from DMs and above, very profitable stores, but inadequate payroll allocated to match workload needed
Ambiente lavorativo
My position specifically worked inside JCPenney and I believe is entirely different from working for Freestanding Sephora. JCPenney's culture is completely different from Sephora's. Not at all focused on beauty, but really only cares about numbers.
Ambiente lavorativo
No work life balance and low compensation for the job that is done on a daily basis. Slow advancement and development. ....................................