Logo Sephora
Sephora
3,9 su 5 stelle.
Ricevi aggiornamenti settimanali, nuove offerte di lavoro e recensioni

Recensioni dei dipendenti Sephora - Manhattan, NY

UtilitàValutazioneData
16 recensioni corrispondenti alla ricerca.Leggi tutte le 4.527 recensioni

2008 Sephora was visionary and barely 9years old

Recensione in evidenza su Indeed

La recensione più utile secondo Indeed
Loved the My peers , my bosses , my teams and the customer. There is a special kind of loyalty that Sephora customers a have. .. I had so many opportunities for promotion and jumped for them all

Aspetti positivi

Free products (gratis with training )

Aspetti negativi

Salaried mgmt., 40 hour work pay was really based on my up to 85 hrs of time working

Great work place

I really enjoyed my time at Sephora and learned not only more about the beauty industry but the company’s beliefs too. I think the values are very strong and it is more like a big family all looking out for each-other!

Aspetti positivi

Great values, good team players

Aspetti negativi

Can get busy and have to thing on one’s toes
Ambiente lavorativo

Fun workplace but the burnout is real

A typical day at work consisted of multi-client assisting, color matching clients, helping ring clients up at the register and also making product recommendations. While it was fun in the beginning, the ever-changing schedules, severely cut hours, disorganized management and snooty clientele made the job very stressful. There was no raise offered after a year of working there, and it seems the only way to advance is to show interest in becoming part of the disorganized management. Working at Sephora taught me so much about sales, client relations and also about what I want in a job. This is a good place to start if you want an impressive resume and to get tons of gratis, but I don't believe it is sustainable working here for years.

Aspetti positivi

Lots of free gratis, training and fun atmosphere

Aspetti negativi

poor management, no work life balance, taking time off is nearly impossible
Ambiente lavorativo

Productive and fun work place

Free gratis. Not much room for upward growth. Coworkers generally very nice. People take the job seriously. You will probably be happy to work here. Working with the makeup can be really fun.
Ambiente lavorativo

There is always a sense of being, the cast., the clients, the managers. Such fun

There is always something new, either makeup. skincare or fragrance.Its always a challenge, but not a challenge without someone to help if help is needed. Love challenges. Clients become family so many times!!!!
Questa recensione è stata utile?

Valuta il tuo ultimo datore di lavoro

Condividi la tua esperienza per aiutare gli altri

Ambiente lavorativo

I would like to full time

I love to work with team together and help each other and support and such loyalty. I been work for 7 years in sephora. I would like to motivate to hard work.
Ambiente lavorativo

My favorite job thus far.

Everyone I worked with was super sweet, helpful, and welcoming. The environment was fun & fast paced. My managers and supervisors were very understanding, kind, and professional. Great team!

Team

Within Sephora everyone worked as a team, it was like a second family, and I really appreciated the opportunity. I felt comfortable and was able to grow.

Lunch, Positive Energy

Inconsistant Hours
Ambiente lavorativo

Well paid for industry, inconsistent management

I as an employee was given a lot of opportunity to grow in both skills and position. Vital experience was gained and the education to Sephora is phenomenal. However, as a company, the change is too fast-paced. Within the two years of employment, the curriculum in terms of cast onboarding as well as overall training have changed drastically, some good some bad. Due to this occurrence, I believe it led to inconsistency to employee quality as well as management. I have worked in three stores, one due to relocation and one as promotion, but I have found that bigger the store, the less management involvement. Trainings are rushed and employees uncared for - appreciation was lacking and understanding short.

Pto, gratis, education

Aspetti negativi

Lack of management support, negligence

fun

It was a really fun environment but retail will always be draining. Gratis makeup was always nice to get and the company really focuses on work life balance.

Exciting place to work

I worked at a headquarter location in Manhattan, NY. It was fast-paced and very busy. I enjoyed the customers and the team I worked with. it was an easy gong place and was very balanced.

Awarding

high shrink
Ambiente lavorativo

fun place first job loved it alot gained much experience with this company

graduating high school and entering the door program being certified in customer service allowed me to advance in my work career.

Awesome Culture!

I had a blast working for this company! Others can't touch it...maybe Apple Retail.

Aspetti positivi

Tons of training and development...loads of gratis!

Aspetti negativi

The outfits..Lord have mercy.
Ambiente lavorativo

Productive and Fun place to work at if Makeup is your passon

Working in the city is an experience of its own that is both dangerous and fun because of the amount of people that are surging into the city. Working at Sephora for the past year has been an extremely fun experience. Although Makeup is not much of my passion, i have learned a copious amount of information regarding it. and i must admit that it has deemed useful. My coworkers are amazing, we really do see each other and treat each other like a family. Management also helps you whenever you need it.

enjoyable workplace

The work day consist of a team meeting to access the work at hand, get rid of garbage in the building twice a night. Receive shipment in boxes 1-50 lbs, sorting boxes to deparments. Stocking the store after sorting and scanning products to store inventory system. Take lunch then procced after to continue stocking, sweep and mop before leaving. Management consist of one individual, 7 otherco-workers during the night. The job is all around enjoyable the hardest part is work life balance.

Aspetti positivi

good environment, communication, discount on products, available health benefits, and retirement plans through a 457.

Aspetti negativi

unpaid breaks, work week is tuesday through sat, and hard to advance.

Hi!

I loved working at Sephora. Loved meeting new people and helping them feel and look beautiful.

Aspetti positivi

learning about skin care.

seasonal employment
Questa recensione è stata utile?

Scopri l'ambiente lavorativo di questa azienda!

Chiedi informazioni su lavoro e colloqui presso Sephora. I nostri utenti sono pronti ad aiutarti!Fai una domanda

Valutazione complessiva