Logo Sephora
Sephora
3,9 su 5 stelle.
Ricevi aggiornamenti settimanali, nuove offerte di lavoro e recensioni

Recensioni dei dipendenti Sephora - New York, NY

UtilitàValutazioneData
265 recensioni corrispondenti alla ricerca.Leggi tutte le 4.524 recensioni

Decent with Perks

Recensione in evidenza su Indeed

La recensione più utile secondo Indeed
If your main goal is to become a makeup artist then you will love Sephora or just learn about makeup. They teach you so much but also getting gratis is amazing cause you get to try so many different products without spending money . There are some leaders that are kinda ehhh but for the most part is a good job

Growth

an amazing company to grow with. though, management can ruin your experience working for a good company. co workers are amazing and there's always education being taught!

Aspetti positivi

meeting amazing people growing with a great company.

Aspetti negativi

management and schedule changes every week. (no set schedule)
Ambiente lavorativo

It depends on your management

My first year working at Sephora was almost perfect. I could have seen myself working there for the rest of my life. My manager was one of the top 50 in the company and he was incredibly intelligent, kind, and self sacrificial. The culture he cultivated was very into work hard/play hard and he cared about what was going on in our lives beyond Sephora.My second year at Sephora was completely different. My old manager was transferred to a different location and our new management was very petty and two faced. She only cared about the store as a means to an end to get somewhere in her career. Yet, under her leadership, our store went from 175 employees to 75 employees before the pandemic.

Aspetti positivi

Coworkers, employee discount, some good mgrs

Aspetti negativi

Some bad mgrs, very difficult to get a raise
Ambiente lavorativo

Good money very annoying micromanaging

Micromanagement is insane, very catty work place . Great brand reps and partners also the gratis . Very annoying and repetitive hourly reminders and micromanagement . The company is always change as to what they expect of their workers .

It used to be worth it

Wanna be stressed out every time you go to work? Then apply. I used to be proud to work at this company when I started nearly 10 years ago, however the way the company is turning makes me sick. They used to care about their employees, but now all they care about is how much money we’re making them and how many credit cards we get. It feels like military boot camp when we go in the way we are talked to over the walkie and told what we’re doing is not good enough. It’s never enough. I will say the education/experience I have collected over the years is irreplaceable BUT it could be learned elsewhere. It ain’t worth it. We’ve essentially been told to our faces we’re replaceable and if we don’t like it then leave. They didn’t think people actually would.......bye lol

Free product, education

Stress
Questa recensione è stata utile?

Valuta il tuo ultimo datore di lavoro

Condividi la tua esperienza per aiutare gli altri

Keep looking

If someone you worked closely with got covid they left it as optional to go get tested, they encouraged us to come in to work anyway. Management plays favorites! And they couldn't care less about work life balance. As a part time employee i have absolutely no certainty or predictability in my life. But i guess thats retail.Dont get me started on my position. Imagine heavy lifting and constantly getting hurt, and then being used to fill in wherever the store is lacking. Expect to be constantly tired and to get paid less than you deserve.If you want a promotion you have to be close with your store director and expect to travel to a new store.

Company contests, gratis

Management, no advancement
Ambiente lavorativo

terrible pay but loved the gratis

I loved working there and the free make up and skincare was amazing!! they did that to help us sell the product and the discount we also my fave! I also enjoyed working with the manager there at my location.

Perks for free stuff

I do love the perks of free items but the management team needs improvement. One in particular but other than that. It’s a great place to work. It needs to have a better sense of understanding though.

Free products

Work life balance

Always something to do.

I worked at a high volume store where there wasn't much down time, therefore if you enjoy constantly having something to do, you'll enjoy your time with Sephora. Time definitely goes by fast when you're constantly working on something. And if you aren't "working", theres always time and new things to learn and educate yourself on. I learned a lot during my time at Sephora, and enjoyed the community and environment thanks to my amazing co-workers. It's a great place to start especially if you intend on getting into the beauty industry. As long as you work hard, there will be room for growth. Definitely a welcoming company for people of all backgrounds!

Aspetti positivi

free products, free education on products & beauty, opportunity to connect with different brands

Aspetti negativi

sometimes not enough staff on the floor, high volume stores can get stressful due to very demanding clients
Ambiente lavorativo

fun place to work and interact with customers pre covid

Working at sephora was a fun experience, mostly because I was truly passionate about working with the products and learning about new ones. I found management to be super supportive and amiable besides a couple of lower level managers that took the job a little too seriously. Along with that, some people seemed to be judgmental on outside appearance but these few people did not spoil the experience for me. I was paid according to my experience which was greatly appreciated.
Ambiente lavorativo

Fun place to work with amazingly talented people

- horrible management ( petty and untrustworthy)- you will never be recognized for your hard work- you will be treated like a machine- perks are free makeup and skincare, working with amazing people, making friends for life, a could stepping stone into the beauty/skin industry-if you don't mind management and don't care to move up in the company work is fun and rewarding.- lots of fun events with free food and DJs-creativity is encouraged

Aspetti positivi

free makeup and skincare, free food and events, fun atmosphere

see review

Great place to work!

I loved my time at Sephora. I was there for 10 years. Had I not moved to a place that didn’t have one I would have stayed with the company. Everyday I went to work I learned something new. Brands come in and do amazing trainings. Each employee gets gratis to try the new products and to get familiar with the brands. The events that we had some involved celebrities and brand founders were the best!

Aspetti positivi

Education. Clear career goals.

Salary
Ambiente lavorativo

Fun workplace with great people to work with.

I’ve met a lot of long time friends here. The company gave us amazing product knowledge. The brand events were always fun. The location was always busy and you never know who would pop in.
Ambiente lavorativo

Good

Sephora is a great atmosphere with a lot of really great employees. There is never a day where you don't learn something about a new product and helping clients find products to fit their needs is super rewarding. I acutally really liked working at Sephora despite how difficult it could be at times.

Productive workplace

It was very busy working here but i enjoyed it. I learned how to stock in a timely manner & the management treated me very kindly. It was always a good time when i worked a shift with my coworkers, there was no hard part about the job. The most enjoyable part was that i can be myself.

Very flexible

No cons.

Very fun place to work.

LOVED working at Sephora. Honestly left to go into a different field of work. If you are passionate about make up and don’t really have skill this is perfect for you and if you do have skill it’s great to build clientele.

Aspetti positivi

Free products, makeup application skills and techniques

Great

Overall sephora has taught me many things and I get to help customers with any beauty tips and its been good learning a lot of things at sephora and fun

Best store to work

Great team, great company a lot of good things happen there. Very fun place. People are great and become friends. Good perks and benefits. Great management team at Destiny USA mall

A lot of Free itemes

Aspetti negativi

Not a lot of hours for part timers
Ambiente lavorativo

el ambente es bueno comida y cafe gratis

todo el personal es amable y puedes pedir ayuda si la necesitas y todos estan dispuestos a colaborar en en todo lo que se tenga que hacer

Awesome Company

I worked for Sephora for several years and in that time was promoted 5 times. There's definitely room for advancement if you're willing to put in the work.

Room for advancement

Flexible Schedule

I love the location where I used to work for Sephora. My manager was a teamplayer and make her staff feel motivated. Sephora rewards staff with products upon completing weekly goals.
Questa recensione è stata utile?

Scopri l'ambiente lavorativo di questa azienda!

Chiedi informazioni su lavoro e colloqui presso Sephora. I nostri utenti sono pronti ad aiutarti!Fai una domanda

Valutazione complessiva