Logo Sephora
Sephora
3,9 su 5 stelle.
Ricevi aggiornamenti settimanali, nuove offerte di lavoro e recensioni

Recensioni dei dipendenti Sephora per Assistant Manager

Ordina per

UtilitàValutazioneData
31 recensioni corrispondenti alla ricerca.Leggi tutte le 4.572 recensioni
Ambiente lavorativo

High expectations but a good work environment

Recensione in evidenza su Indeed

La recensione più utile secondo Indeed
High work expectations but a good work environment overall. Always have to work holidays and little work life balance. Great people to work with. Lots of work load for managers

Free products

Aspetti negativi

Working all holidays and unsteady schedule
Ambiente lavorativo

Benefits:- Inclusive Culture- Employee Discount (30%, 40% Sephora Collection)- Competitive pay for retail positionsCons:- Credit Card puts pressure on employees- Lack of job security - Limited roles for promotions

Fun place to work

Hardly any work life balance as it is retail. They expect so much from employees for such little pay. They want passionate people but passion doesn’t pay bills.
Ambiente lavorativo

Experience will depend on title/location

All in all, it's a retail experience. I joined Sephora because they seemed to do things differently than other beauty retailers. Over 2 years, there have been changes to virtually everything that I found attractive. We ditched the fun lingo to more standardized terms, started offering (and pushing) credit cards, and began running so many promos that we lost the luxury feel. We also lost our monthly bonuses (pre-Covid)It is also a highly controlled environment. Your floor manager will be responsible for knowing where you are every moment of your shift (including bathroom breaks) and your tasks will have infinite follow up. Should you be a successful employee and wish to move up, you may receive feedback along the lines of "just keep doing what you're doing" and stretch assignments (self assigned) may go unnoticed

Aspetti positivi

Sephora provided for employees during the initial Covid 19 closures, providing work from home and full compensation, Beauty Advisor positions are fun, if you enjoy tons of social interaction, Unbelievable amounts of gratis, Excellent technology available to smooth in store operations, Excellent communication from the uppermost levels of management

Aspetti negativi

As a lead you will be responsible for doing everything except hiring/scheduling, Covid 19 precautions (when followed) make for difficult client interactions, Lots of conflict between policy set and determined by the company and RMs/RVPs, Rules will be flexed - a lot

Worked there 11 years, speaks for itself

I learned so much at Sephora and that's why I became so well rounded and was able to succeed at any other job I had.Took too long to work my way up however.Unfortunately I worked for too many power hungry and immature managers. Which in turned taught me what i did not want offer my people once i became a store manager.

trainings
Questa recensione è stata utile?

Valuta il tuo ultimo datore di lavoro

Condividi la tua esperienza per aiutare gli altri

Ambiente lavorativo

Fun job and great employees

It's a fun environment. You receive lots of brand training, and brands leave product for you to take home and try. I didn't know anything about the products when I started and I feel pretty comfortable now with how to talk about them and show clients to great options.
Ambiente lavorativo

Loved my job very much but no work life balance

i honestly loved my job ! i loved the team and i loved the fun at work! I really enjoyed the events, product training and in general working with people. the downside is the poor pay and no work life balance! A new hire can get significantly more $ per hour than an employee that have been with the company for years! one week end off per month and the mid shifts are the worse !!!! it is hard to plan your life around that. So much favoritism and politics! i hate how when hired you are promised bonuses but you most likely wont make it for months in a row! The gratis is awesome but how much do you actually need since most of stuff are repetitive ( mascara, face wash ). i would recommend this job to someone that is in school and needs some cash while having fun!

Great place to start.

Great place to learn and get your foot in the door with the beauty industry. Gratis and pay are great you have to be a negotiator. Culture varies from store to store. Hardest part is dealing with unruly clients.
Ambiente lavorativo

Work life balance and pay

Work life balance is not something the company is respectful of. Pay could be better. Hours are cut significantly. I don’t know what location allows you to work 40hrs. 32 is the base and they will make sure that’s what you get with on call shifts attached. This does not allow you to plan your life.

Work life balance

Best job I ever had

Everything was exceptional about working with this company, I loved everyone and everything involved in my day to day service. I had so many regular customers they became family.

Offerte di lavoro Sephora

Assistant Manager positions
Visualizza altre offerte
Ambiente lavorativo

Fun place to work. Always learning

I love working at Sephora. I learned a lot about how the business runs and what it takes to run a successful business. I learned how to effectively manage others, and how important it is to have great communication skills as a manager. I hope to put the skills i have learned into actions in my future career endeavors.

Close to home

Not the best job but not the worse either, my co-workers were cool and my manager felt like a second MOTHER to me, job was really close to my home at the time I was working there
Ambiente lavorativo

productive and fun work space

Management was very helpful and educational with all the color and skincare products. I loved working with all of my team on a daily basis. Really great opportunity.

gratis

Aspetti negativi

break room is very small
Ambiente lavorativo

At first you’re excited for the opportunity then reality sets in.

Working there could be the best or worst experience depending on the location. Pop in and visit your local store to experience the team. Management hiring needs to be changed on corporates end.

Can be fun environment

Fun With Team and Clients

Working with the internal team and built relations with clients was fun but a lot of work once it go busy during store hours and not a lot of coverage on the floor.

productive workplace

exempt leadership do not have work life balance there is bias and favoritism not all employees are treated equally the people that work there are the best part of the job

the people

no work .life balance
Ambiente lavorativo

Fun culture, but exempt management needs to have a consistent message.

I love the culture and the overall message that Sephora is about. Specifically in my district, advancement opportunities involve politics more than your work ethic.
Ambiente lavorativo

Great opportunity for entry level career

Great opportunity for those seeking a career in retail. Positive culture, values and good benefits. Working retail hours and weekends in busy locations can be exhausting. The benefits are great and the people you work with/for make a difference in the experience you have while employed.

Benefits and values

Aspetti negativi

working retail hours and weekends
Ambiente lavorativo

Takes advantage of employees passion

Sephora takes advantage of their employees. They do not pay enough to match the skills employees provide. Most employees cannot afford to live in the areas they work in. The leadership is not properly trained and the hiring process seems to be based on who you know and not based on your skill or resume. The staff is currently a revolving door. There is no work life balance. You can close and be scheduled to open the very next day. There is a lack of respect between leadership and employees. There is no real chance for advancement if you aren't a fan favorite. The PTO sucks and the benefits are expensive. If business is slow they cut your hours with no regard.

Aspetti positivi

employee discount, gratis (free stuff from brands)

Aspetti negativi

work life balance, Pto, high benefit cost
Ambiente lavorativo

`A job where skill is 0 and looks is all but leads to horrendous, not knowledgeable customer service with snobby co workers

The store I worked at as well as most others was so unpleasant. First and foremost the kids working at Sephora feel the job puts you on a gold pedestal above others. If you want a mix of ghetto, wannabe, air headed smug but still have no sense of anything environment this is the place. Also all customers wanted to know where i got my colognes, Aqua Di Parmas.. i woud tell them no problem it is located at Barneys ake sure you get one. If you do not mind selling the most basic, already had that 8 years ago 3 times kind of scents, maybe here is for you, but Barneys and other top competitors have the absolute best selection of fragrances hands down.. i would never push a sale rather than be honest and tell what is best.

Aspetti positivi

Free samples of scents that are old and played out.

Aspetti negativi

working at sephora is the con overall

worked for an SIJCP

I worked of SIJCP, if you want to work for Sephora Id get into a freestanding Sephora not one located inside JCP as you have to abide by two different sets of rules as you are employed by both companies... I loved working for the company but was floored when they decided after 4 years to do away with my assistant manager position and gave me a 4day notice and said it was due to department reorganization between Sephora and JCP. I was devistated by this after being there from ground up to be let go and told I could re apply for a new position they were opening, which was technically the same position I had with a different name and then for them to turn me away saying I didn't have enough college education, which wasn't even needed for the position. Mind you I had already been in the same role for 4 years and they hired someone with no experience over me, all my reviews were excellent and I gave that business my all! I no longer will even shop there after how SIJCP treated me.

Aspetti positivi

can advance if you want to

Aspetti negativi

retail schedule hard to find a work/life balance
Questa recensione è stata utile?

Scopri l'ambiente lavorativo di questa azienda!

Chiedi informazioni su lavoro e colloqui presso Sephora. I nostri utenti sono pronti ad aiutarti!Fai una domanda

Valutazione complessiva