Logo Sephora
Sephora
3,9 su 5 stelle.
Ricevi aggiornamenti settimanali, nuove offerte di lavoro e recensioni

Recensioni dei dipendenti Sephora per Beauty Consultant

UtilitàValutazioneData
465 recensioni corrispondenti alla ricerca.Leggi tutte le 4.527 recensioni

Fun, Makeup-Savvy, Hard work though

Recensione in evidenza su Indeed

La recensione più utile secondo Indeed
Sephora is an amazing place to work if you want to start off learning about makeup. There is so much room for growth. The senior artist really helps to take care of you and is always willing to answer any makeup related question. It's tough moving from cashier to product consultant though. Holidays have black-out days which means you can no longer request off during those days. There are little to no breaks, especially during busy hours. They offer great benefits like 401k, dental, vision... You get free makeup almost every day but it varies depending on your position in the store. Management got the most product, followed by product consultants aka makeup artists, and cashiers, replenishment, and fragrance experts were last. The discount is only 30% which isn't terrible considering how much free makeup and skincare you get. Work-life-balance is one of their core values although it is hard to maintain. THere is a lot of training if you want to move up in the company. Monthly bonuses are offered if the daily goal is bmet which is awesome. There are two bonuses, apply bonus and survey bonuses.

Aspetti positivi

free food from vendors, lots of benefits for full-time employees, free makeup and skincare, discounted makeup, training on products and demos, always something new to learn

Aspetti negativi

little to no break, no holidays off, long hours, standing for entirety of shift, extremely difficult to move up the ladder

Great co-workers and flexible Shifts

Overall a place I would rave about. Been working here for over two years and have been in two different locations. depending on management some things will be a bit different like the way some things are called but overall the job is very inclusive and is all about supporting staff members and always training members with new information weekly. Schedules are flexible and basic requirements like many retail stores. Everyone is always friendly and if you don't know much of the products another team member is always happy to help and guide you. Management is also great, every now and then there might be changes in management but we were always informed about who they are and in depth introduction so we don't feel left out of it. They are always about letting people grow and move up internally before hiring externally which is a plus. The hardest part of the job I'd say is remembering all the products and what they do but as time progress you either remember the important information or could always reach out to someone for help.

Aspetti positivi

Coworkers, being able to grow, discounts & incentives

Aspetti negativi

a lot of information to take in

Decent with Perks

If your main goal is to become a makeup artist then you will love Sephora or just learn about makeup. They teach you so much but also getting gratis is amazing cause you get to try so many different products without spending money . There are some leaders that are kinda ehhh but for the most part is a good job

Fun environment, low pay

Fun, dynamic environment but low pay. Like most companies a lot depend on management. Last manager was amazing , first few were awful. However, low raises and low pay makes it more a starter job or side gig.
Ambiente lavorativo

Licensed Advisors? just a fancy title

The cast and education I received during my year with Sephora was fantastic, however post covid, things had changed for the worst. Being able to go on paid brand education trips is great but immediately pull after covid and unsure if they will bring that back. With the change of makeovers, NYS needs licensed people to be handling those but Sephora will not compensate you accordingly. They tax your tips, both cash and card, and there is no competitive pay for having a license. You are just a fancy Beauty Advisor, no real benefits for you or trying to further your craft.

Education Gratis every month, Brand Education

Aspetti negativi

No competitive pay, no real chance of moving up in the company
Questa recensione è stata utile?

Valuta il tuo ultimo datore di lavoro

Condividi la tua esperienza per aiutare gli altri

Growth

an amazing company to grow with. though, management can ruin your experience working for a good company. co workers are amazing and there's always education being taught!

Aspetti positivi

meeting amazing people growing with a great company.

Aspetti negativi

management and schedule changes every week. (no set schedule)
Ambiente lavorativo

You work with amazing people, feels like a family!

I worked here for a few years and loved feeling like I was seeing my family every time I went to work. The benefits were great, such as lots of free full-size items, lots of training to keep up on the most recent product releases, but the only downside was management. They only wanted to pressure everyone to make money and didn’t care much about the needs or concerns of all employees.

Free cosmetics

Management doesn’t care
Ambiente lavorativo

It depends on your management

My first year working at Sephora was almost perfect. I could have seen myself working there for the rest of my life. My manager was one of the top 50 in the company and he was incredibly intelligent, kind, and self sacrificial. The culture he cultivated was very into work hard/play hard and he cared about what was going on in our lives beyond Sephora.My second year at Sephora was completely different. My old manager was transferred to a different location and our new management was very petty and two faced. She only cared about the store as a means to an end to get somewhere in her career. Yet, under her leadership, our store went from 175 employees to 75 employees before the pandemic.

Aspetti positivi

Coworkers, employee discount, some good mgrs

Aspetti negativi

Some bad mgrs, very difficult to get a raise

Flexible/room for growth

The company was very flexible with my school schedule and any time I may have needed off. They always inquired within the staff they had when they were promoting. Only drama between two girls that I never got involved in.

Aspetti positivi

Free products every couple months. Encouraged you to sample frequently. Free events.

Pay wasn’t that great
Ambiente lavorativo

One of the best retail companies I’ve ever worked for!

Sephora is just amazing! I worked there for a year and learned so much. The key to having a great experience working for Sephora is to be surrounded by a strong, supportive, and great team. I miss you, Sephora!

Gratis, continuing education, gratis

Aspetti negativi

No work/life balance, constant understaffing

Offerte di lavoro Sephora

Beauty Consultant positions
Visualizza altre offerte

No work/life balance

Years ago the employees mattered, now it's all about the client. Doesn't matter how rude or disrespectful the client are with you, you'll have the blame and will be asked what you could've done differently. The pay increases are yearly in cents, however management has the ability to increase but doesn't. Your hours are base on if someone is sick or on vacation. You'll work every weekend and open to close during the week. You'll never make 40hrs a week and you'll get written up for overtime.

Free products

Aspetti negativi

Low hours per week and you have to work to earn the pto percentage
Ambiente lavorativo

Fun place and free products

Sephora taught me a lot. Self confidence, service clients needs questions demonstration. I also liked when we would have different brands come into the store to educate us on different brands how to sale the products and demonstrate. I miss being with the clients. Sephora was fun and first job where I can expess myself through make up artistry.

Free cosmetics

Aspetti negativi

The location it was hard to find a parking in downtown
Ambiente lavorativo

Good money very annoying micromanaging

Micromanagement is insane, very catty work place . Great brand reps and partners also the gratis . Very annoying and repetitive hourly reminders and micromanagement . The company is always change as to what they expect of their workers .

No work-life balance

i was super excited when i got a job offer at sephora, it's like a dream job for every girls who's passionate about make up, but after 2+ years going 3 working with sephora, you'll then realise that the management is treating us unfairly. when things happen, they'll be one sided and only support the manager or supervisor in charge even if you're not wrong. there's no point in you explaining. Ofcourse, retail is all about sales but they've pressured me enough to only check on me on how much sales ive done and pushing me to do more sales instead of asking my well-being. no staff welfare at all. Then there's this beauty advisors productivity monthly or individual sales to simplify, which will make all of us very competitive and it's a very toxic environment to be working in. if you're the lowest amongst your co-workers, you'll be mocked at and the manager will treat you differently. salary increment? once in a blue moon. there are staff who worked here for 8-10 years and only experienced 2 times of salary increment only. no career growth, cus all you got to do is sales and sales only. we're doing so much work, but we're underpaid. if you can handle peer pressure, go ahead.

freebies

Aspetti negativi

long hours, no staff welfare, bad management
Ambiente lavorativo

Fun place to work, will be micromanaged

This place was great for learning and experiencing the makeup world. The only complaint I have is the company values which they feel they value. You will be micro-managed to shove credit card sales down peoples throats and also push loyalty. If the managers don't hear you talking about it then you'll get scolded. The managers will sit and gab in the corner of the store but if you talk to your coworkers for .5 seconds they're on the walkie telling you to "move away from them and quit talking" so there's hypocrisy there. Was told for about a year I would be moved up into a higher position and then they hired someone else into it. They also laid off half their employees during the pandemic after telling each and every one of them they would "take care of them." I do not recommend working here, if you want to be micromanaged.

Extremely corporate / retail based

I worked at Sephora for a small amount of time before the pandemic hit. Honestly, it was a fun job to be around make-up all day & making clients feel comfortable with their shopping experience. However, most of that was overshadowed by the management who treated us employees poorly. We were forced to constantly bother the same clients over and over again about products they are looking for (which led them to walk out with nothing), got yelled at for using the bathroom, they would use and abuse my work schedule however they please. Everything any of the beauty advisors did got yelled at. We would get yelled at for standing..... STANDING. Management completely ruined not only my experience, but my fellow colleagues I worked with.

Free makeup, education

Pay, short breaks, management

Unless you have no life

If you don't have a life, you can spend all your time just working in this company. When it's your day off, you will still have countless of messages to answer from whatsapp. Something happened, you will be bombard with messages from your supervisor. It's lile even your day off you are still working. You need to always keep your phone by your side to prepare to get a message from her. You are just like working in hospital, different is they are of higher pay, we are not. Indeed as sales staff you need to keep up your kpis, but apart from that, you have to do everything, cleaning, rubbish. Trust me, working here is not only a beauty advisor, but an all rounder. Unless you are the apple of the eye, else you are the dartboard. By the way, the offices staffs have left greatly, they took away most of the benefits permanently, they are not practicing what they promised to the public. Good luck working there.

Freebies from different brands

You get no life
Ambiente lavorativo

Fun but not worth the money

Fun job with gratis and education and lots of makeup goodies but truthfully all they care about is how much the basket is worth and credit cards, it’s a money hungry gossip culture and there no way to move up, they just pile on hours and managers sit in the office.

Gratis and snacks

Aspetti negativi

Scheduling, managers, too much work too little pay

Fun and exciting

Overall great experience working at Sephora. Lots of feedback from management. Loved the education, client interaction, samples, gratis. This is a company I would recommend working for.

It used to be worth it

Wanna be stressed out every time you go to work? Then apply. I used to be proud to work at this company when I started nearly 10 years ago, however the way the company is turning makes me sick. They used to care about their employees, but now all they care about is how much money we’re making them and how many credit cards we get. It feels like military boot camp when we go in the way we are talked to over the walkie and told what we’re doing is not good enough. It’s never enough. I will say the education/experience I have collected over the years is irreplaceable BUT it could be learned elsewhere. It ain’t worth it. We’ve essentially been told to our faces we’re replaceable and if we don’t like it then leave. They didn’t think people actually would.......bye lol

Free product, education

Stress
Ambiente lavorativo

Fun work environment but very strict structure

I like the people and working in the beauty industry but I feel like they are very preachy and are control freaks. The work environment can be stressful
Questa recensione è stata utile?

Scopri l'ambiente lavorativo di questa azienda!

Chiedi informazioni su lavoro e colloqui presso Sephora. I nostri utenti sono pronti ad aiutarti!Fai una domanda

Valutazione complessiva