Sephora
3,9 su 5 stelle.
Ricevi aggiornamenti settimanali, nuove offerte di lavoro e recensioni

Recensioni dei dipendenti Sephora per Consultant

Titolo
Località
271 recensioni corrispondenti alla ricerca.
Leggi tutte le 4.527 recensioni
Ambiente lavorativo
Sephora is a place to start because is gives you great exposure to so many brands. The education and teamwork at Sephora is much different than what you see in the industry. A great place in general to work.
Lots of Education and Gratis
The salary
Ambiente lavorativo
I really loved working here. The only thing was in our market, there wasnt enough hours. Had to leave due to only getting 4 hours a week. Overall everything was great.
Ambiente lavorativo
Sephora prides on giving their employees a lot of education, which is why it’s a great place to start if you have an interest in skin care or makeup. Gratis is great. But management will micro manage
Gratis
Hours and pay
Ambiente lavorativo
For the most part it’s a fun place to work. I will say though that the company is more about the number than about the artistry. They set you up for success to move up but takes forever to actually advance. And asking for full time is like pulling teeth. Overall a nice place to work but not something that should be seen as a permanent place to stay.
Aspetti positivi
Flexible hours, decent pay, fun coworkers, good education
Aspetti negativi
Hard to get full time, hard to advance within the company, too much focus on the numbers
Ambiente lavorativo
It wasn’t the best place to work at, management was unfair most of the time, they would keep gratis from us, they put all the work on a handful of people while the rest were walking around talking to eachother. No work to life balance.
Gratis sometimes, free lunches
Aspetti negativi
Long hours, unfair pay, tiring, rude clients
Questa recensione è stata utile?
Valuta il tuo ultimo datore di lavoro
Condividi la tua esperienza per aiutare gli altri
Ambiente lavorativo
I worked at a high volume store where there wasn't much down time, therefore if you enjoy constantly having something to do, you'll enjoy your time with Sephora. Time definitely goes by fast when you're constantly working on something. And if you aren't "working", theres always time and new things to learn and educate yourself on. I learned a lot during my time at Sephora, and enjoyed the community and environment thanks to my amazing co-workers. It's a great place to start especially if you intend on getting into the beauty industry. As long as you work hard, there will be room for growth. Definitely a welcoming company for people of all backgrounds!
Aspetti positivi
free products, free education on products & beauty, opportunity to connect with different brands
Aspetti negativi
sometimes not enough staff on the floor, high volume stores can get stressful due to very demanding clients
Ambiente lavorativo
Enjoyed my job at first, engagement changed, now despise it.You need to find a manager who you know you can trust to move up in the company. Coworkers can be catty
Ambiente lavorativo
Training was top level. True emphasis on learning. Customer service based must have a passion for helping. Not for people that do not enjoy direct contact with customers.
Free product
Aspetti negativi
Very hard to call out sick
Ambiente lavorativo
Work life balance was not a priority at all, pay varies dramatically by location - one location could pay well above minimum wage while the other has almost all staff regardless of experience or qualification at same wage. Not much room for advancement. Offered to send me to training within my first month of employment and ended up taking over one year for them to send me. Managers often claimed gratis for themselves or picked favourites amongst the employees.
Aspetti positivi
Some gratis, catering from brands, brand contests, good people
Aspetti negativi
Management, promised not followed through, low pay
Ambiente lavorativo
I am very satisfied with my work at Sephora, I have been able to develop my knowledge of cosmetics, perfumes and skincare products. Working in a team is very pleasant and productive, I really enjoy helping customers and making sure they always leave the shop happy.
Ambiente lavorativo
I would suggest someone work here as a seasonal/holiday worker so they have fun, and get out before they have a bad experience. Watch for red flags, enjoy yourself, and learn from product knowledge. Stay away from a manager who has never done someone elses makeup or knows much about makeup! Otherwise have fun!
Ambiente lavorativo
Great experience. Worked there for over two years. All my coworkers were great and managers were very supportive. There was room for growth and a lot of flexibility
Ambiente lavorativo
When its good, it’s great. When it’s bad, it’s really bad.Pros: Co-workers were beyond amazing and supportive, anyone catty or mean never lasted long. You get a lot of free makeup and skincare. If you want to grow in the beauty industry and get entry level experience first, Sephora is great. They provide daily training and you can meet and network with so many people and brands outside of Sephora and come in to boost their brands sales. Take advantage of this, someone that interviewed me at another company I actually already was friendly with at Sephora. Even thought a lot of clients can be horrible, you do meet some absolute gems that will make your day.Cons: management is constantly changing. Which means what they expect from you slightly changes and everyone will handle the schedule differently. Managers choose their favorites and will give them every Sunday off yet ignore any of your requests off and only post the weekly schedule literally 3-4 days before the start of that schedule. Customers can be outright nasty and demanding, you need to have tough skin. Pay is lower than other cosmetic company’s for the same role. I worked hard and poured my heart into working there for years and ultimately left after they refused to give me time off for an important surgery (NOT paid time off, I just asked to not work for a week in order to recover) and they gave me an insulting $0.14 raise each year despite my perfect yearly performance reviews. Coworkers will appreciate you, most managers don’t.
Aspetti positivi
Coworkers, networking, experience and training, free makeup
Aspetti negativi
Almost all of management is a joke and unfair, the yearly “raises” are an absolute joke
Ambiente lavorativo
Fun company very organized Good training opportunities to move up High standard Very strict management always watching each and every move High goals/sales targets services and expectations
Aspetti positivi
The gratis the people the beautiful store
Aspetti negativi
Being watched like a baby
Ambiente lavorativo
I love working at Sephora , you get lots of perks and it’s generally a fun environment. However as with all retail jobs it’s very demanding and exhausting .
Ambiente lavorativo
Personal sales goals were given to each employee every shift and were followed up with throughout the shift. Many employees were guilted into working extra shifts and some were even asked to not return to school to continue working in store. I personally felt that it was a lot of expectations for minimum wage. Only full time employees had benefits, and when they were given insurance applications they had to wait 90 days before the benefits became available to them.
Free product
lack of employee benefits
Ambiente lavorativo
The management structure within the company is filled with redundancy. The stores have 5+ managers for small teams making it difficult for employees. There is a very common toxic culture between employees and mangament that leads to a high turnaround. The expecations for even the smallest positions are very high for low pay. If you don't look at it as your end-all be-all career you will be cast aside.
Ambiente lavorativo
Sephora is very considerate when it comes to their workers' work-life balance. They were also generous when it came to the pandemic, paying their employees sick-leave.
Ambiente lavorativo
Loved working here. Made a lot of friends and was able to expand my retail experience and skills. I would recommend this job to anyone who is interested in the beauty industry.
Ambiente lavorativo
I love the location where I used to work for Sephora. My manager was a teamplayer and make her staff feel motivated. Sephora rewards staff with products upon completing weekly goals.
Ambiente lavorativo
Making sure all clients are taken care of I learned how to better service multiple people best thing about it was the people hardest was management giving you false opportunity to move up in the company