Logo Sephora
Sephora
3,9 su 5 stelle.
Ricevi aggiornamenti settimanali, nuove offerte di lavoro e recensioni

Recensioni dei dipendenti Sephora per Operations Associate

UtilitàValutazioneData
39 recensioni corrispondenti alla ricerca.Leggi tutte le 4.524 recensioni

Keep looking

Recensione in evidenza su Indeed

La recensione più utile secondo Indeed
If someone you worked closely with got covid they left it as optional to go get tested, they encouraged us to come in to work anyway. Management plays favorites! And they couldn't care less about work life balance. As a part time employee i have absolutely no certainty or predictability in my life. But i guess thats retail.Dont get me started on my position. Imagine heavy lifting and constantly getting hurt, and then being used to fill in wherever the store is lacking. Expect to be constantly tired and to get paid less than you deserve.If you want a promotion you have to be close with your store director and expect to travel to a new store.

Company contests, gratis

Management, no advancement

Poor Management

The company would have employees who are more invested in it if their managers weren’t terrible. They promote based on the managers preference and do not provide enough feedback to management to make any changes in the work environment.

Free gratis sometimes

Terrible leaders
Ambiente lavorativo

I can tell you all sorts of stories

The company overall is a great company to work for... but now the people in management and District management that work for the company at certain locations are a piece of s.h.i.t. I was with the company 9 years.
Ambiente lavorativo

Good place to work just not for operations team

Constant problems with managment and heavy workload with no one to help when the team is behind. The operations team is really under appreciated at most locations, even though we are the backbone of the store. They also don't pay the operations team enough for the amount of work they expect us to do. Some of the leads were great, it just all depends on the store. Sephora is a good place to work if you want to be a beauty advisor because they seem to treat them the best.

Gratis

Management, drama
Ambiente lavorativo

The hours and physically demanding labor aren't worth the pay

Give up your social life and sleep schedule because working in Ops will have you at work at the crack of dawn. Ops at every Sephora I've worked at and visited is extremely under appreciated. It's physically demanding and the job listings never disclose that. It also never discloses that you have to be at work in the middle of the night. In Ops you feel like a burden to the Beauty Advisors who most of the time don't even bother to learn your name. You can apply if you're okay with waking up in the middle of the night and if you're okay with physical labor but just know you'll never be rewarded for your work. The beauty advisors are always rewarded for their work with various incentive programs while the Ops team is never included AND we're the ones putting everything on the shelves AND we're the ones who covered shifts if someone called out. In Ops you have to learn pretty much every single part of the store just in case you're called to cover skincare, hair, perfume, or makeup. This is absolutely one of the worst jobs I've ever had.
Questa recensione è stata utile?

Valuta il tuo ultimo datore di lavoro

Condividi la tua esperienza per aiutare gli altri

Disappointed

I was working as an operations consultant but most of the time I was doing cash wrap. When I was hired I was never told that I was seasonal. That was the excuse to let me go. Also I was promised 5% bonus. Never saw it. Hours were always cut. I did everything possible to learn and being an asset to the company but I guess it was not enough. Gratis are not given equally to all the employees even though everyone must do everything. Honestly I felt very disrespected.
Ambiente lavorativo

A very fun atmosphere. The employees were great!

I work on the recovery/ ops team and I love it. My team is awesome and fun! However, the leadership there is horrible!!! I would only recommend you work here for secondary income. If you're looking to get gratis, everyone gets it except recovery/ ops.

Really did enjoy my job

hardly any work life balance, they have made a lot of job cuts, new ceo has cut a lot of money from stores to give to new stores, we are understaffed, job morale is down

fun people to work with

just go there and do your job whatever it is, keep your mouth shut and go home. and don't get on management, supervisors, or coordinators bad side because they will target you and every little thing you do.

people i worked with

favortism

Do not work here

Not a good place to work. No hours, one time they only gave me 4 hours for the whole week. Then one day I went to check my schedule and it was no Fay’s the next week my log in did not work. When I would call to see about schedule I would just be put on hold. No one ever told me I was fired or gave me reason just kept leaving me on hold.

Discounts are good

Bad management
Ambiente lavorativo

Staff is great, DM/corporate expectations are ridiculous, work life balance is non existent, very reactive.

As an exempt manager, the administrative work load is heavy, especially if you work in a high volume store. Most high level managers are fake and no room for transparent pushback. Compensation is great and bonuses are lucrative.

Aspetti positivi

Kind staff, lunch from third party brand partners, compensation

Aspetti negativi

Work life balance, ridiculous work loads and constantly changing objectives and direction from DMs and above, very profitable stores, but inadequate payroll allocated to match workload needed

Fantastic work place

Lots to do for operations. Putting up new updates for the brands can be testing but it's overall fun and feels rewarding. The management is fantastic and really focuses on work/life balance. You learn a lot about yourself when you work operations.

Aspetti positivi

Excellent management, fun work environment, feeling of accomplishment

Aspetti negativi

It's retail so the hours available to work depend on sales

N/a

i worked PT at sephora (though it was more full time hours.) Was a great learning experience in a goal driven retail environment. Teaches you how to push sales, offers cosmetic workshops. Perks are gratis (free products) as well as monthly bonuses if your team meets your monthly goal. (doesn't offer great healthcare/dental benefits for both PT or FT employees) Management disregards work/life balance.

Flexible Hours But Rude Coworkers

I worked as an operations associate, and worked Monday-Friday 5am-1pm. The hours were fantastic, and I was included with monthly bonuses staff would receive for meeting sales goals. Unfortunately, almost all coworkers would disregard all the work I had done and would make messes or everything I would do on a daily basis. I would also feel bullied by my immediate coworkers (the ones in my department) and would feel like I wasn't able to do my job properly because I would be trying to avoid them. The whole store was quite "catty" or "cliquey" which made my shifts quite stressful and unenjoyable. They would also play favourites with their friends, which made me feel like even though I would do a good job and showed a lot of determinations and leadership, the staff who were friendly with the supervisors got more promotions and opportunities than I would. I would not work here again unless I was put into a supervisor position because otherwise you don't get treated well or respected.

Monthly bonuses

Aspetti negativi

Not a nice work environment

Advancement is slow

Slow growth with your development. You are given promises but usually it does not get fulfilled. Some managers are unprofessional. You feel stuck at one point in your career
Ambiente lavorativo

lack of support from upper management

Your are basically thrown in and held to expectations of very tenured successors. If you are applying externally for anything in upper management I strongly encourage you demand all necessary training.

The people were great

I was only seasonal and I did not get hired beyond. Clients were hit and miss. Some very demanding and rude. But there were ones who made my day worthwhile.

Gratis

Lots of work
Ambiente lavorativo

quick pace and gratis is great

hours were based on if your store was making budget - and you could less hours or cut if store was over hours/payroll for the week. Gratis is great and the Cast members are fun to work with. Training in certain worlds were not available or overlooked - Store leadership is different in each store - not always on same page and communication was not there.

Aspetti positivi

gratis, great education in world of beauty

Aspetti negativi

training on operations workload, managment not in compatible

simple

horrible place to work. good for young people with no priorities. management is bad along with the culture and vision that the company possesses. would not recommend.

Not Applicable

N/A, N/A, N/A I did not have enough time working here to fully be able to give a review on Sephora. I liked working the Overnight shift Nothing Else Follows
Ambiente lavorativo

Sephora is a great place to work!

I loved working for the company. It was a good learning experience. I love working with clients and making them feel better about themselves. Plus gratis is awesome!
Questa recensione è stata utile?

Scopri l'ambiente lavorativo di questa azienda!

Chiedi informazioni su lavoro e colloqui presso Sephora. I nostri utenti sono pronti ad aiutarti!Fai una domanda

Valutazione complessiva