Logo Sephora
Sephora
3,9 su 5 stelle.
Ricevi aggiornamenti settimanali, nuove offerte di lavoro e recensioni

Recensioni dei dipendenti Sephora per Senior Artist

Ordina per

UtilitàValutazioneData
11 recensioni corrispondenti alla ricerca.Leggi tutte le 4.565 recensioni
Ambiente lavorativo

Was a place to learn and hone craft has evolved into something different

Recensione in evidenza su Indeed

La recensione più utile secondo Indeed
Don’t get me wrong I loved working for Sephora, but the company started to evolve into something I did not recognize and it stopped aligning with what I originally fell in love with. It was an amazing company to grow as an artist but that isn’t the focus as much now.

Gratis trainings
Ambiente lavorativo

A corporation that is more concerned with making money than the well-being and happiness of it’s employees

Sephora as a company puts on a giant show for those on the outside looking in to appear as a “great place to work”. This is absolutely not the case. There is zero work life balance even though Sephora claims it as one of it’s “values”. Management and head office expects both part time and full time employees to dedicate all their time to the company and to drop everything to work for them. You are constantly given a hard time when you do try to request time off, and questioned if/when you call in sick for a shift. There is never enough people scheduled, so you are almost always doing the job of multiple employees and are overwhelmed on a regular basis. Instead of giving pay increases where they are certainly due, Sephora bribes employees with gratis (free product) and continues to underpay employees for the overwhelming amount of work they do. During situations like a pandemic, they continuously prove that making money is more important than the safety of their employees. There is zero support from management when short staffed and/or when clients verbally abuse employees. Management continuously picks favourites to give hours to, time off to, and gratis to on a regular basis. Policies never apply to all employees, management picks and chooses who the policies apply to instead of applying them to all employees as they should. Management conducts them selves in an incredibly unprofessional manor and regularly both entertain and partake in gossiping about other employees both on a work level and a personal level. If any type of “leave” is required, paperwork is never completely -

Aspetti positivi

Gratis (free product), good benefits for full time employees, product knowledge/education, small travel opportunities

Aspetti negativi

No work life balance, constant indirect comments from management instead of direct acknowledgement and conversation, favouritism from management, bribery with gratis instead of proper pay increases, doing multiple jobs/tasks outside of pay grade, constant short staffing, no opportunity for advancement, zero discipline of employees not following policy and/or breaking rules, constantly picking up the slack of employees not doing their job, zero management support
Ambiente lavorativo

Great job in terms of community

When you work at Sephora, you feel like you’re part of a second family. You can definitely advance in the company but it depends what interests you. There aren’t many options outside of working in store but still a great job if you’re still at school or working part time. It’s extremely fast-paced so make sure you’re comfortable working in that environment.

good place to work

Good place to work, but pay is not good. Great environment, they will teach you everything you need to know, good as a starting job. Not much advancement to be made in the store. Gratis is good.
Ambiente lavorativo

Fun place to work but need to advance fast

You need to advance fast in order to make decent income. Very tight on raises and no hours any more even for Full Time Employees. Great place to work if you want a fun job.
Questa recensione è stata utile?

Valuta il tuo ultimo datore di lavoro

Condividi la tua esperienza per aiutare gli altri

okay job

Is a toxic environment for your mental health, at first it can be fun a makeup job but after a while I would recommend getting another job because you are over worked and underpaid

Great concept, bad execution

Loved the job itself, better pay than most retail but still leaves a lot to be desired depending on which store you are in. Serious lack of communication, management doesn't want to know about problems. If you don't fit their "perfect" mold you are a problem. Lots of favoritism, drama, nonsense and little actual work done most of the time unless it was by me. When I started I wanted to work for this company for the rest of my working life but 6 years in I am disillusioned, disenchanted and miserable.

Aspetti positivi

Outside conferences for training and development when given the chance, ability to help people feel good about themselves

Aspetti negativi

Insufficient breaks, terrible hours, unpredictable schedule, working every holiday and weekend, poor management

Good Company

Loved working here. It was my dream job for quite some time, getting to work in the makeup industry was so much fun and I learned a lot about all the worlds
Ambiente lavorativo

Great place for artists and good culture

Sephora is a fantastic place to work if you are looking to develop your skills as an artist. It has a nurturing environment for newer employees wanting to grow. The only downside is that if you are not seeking the more business/management side of things, there isn't much to grow into past being a senior artist.

Training, free product

Aspetti negativi

Depending on managers, it can feel micromanaging. Stressful goals to meet.

Exciting place to work

I worked at a headquarter location in Manhattan, NY. It was fast-paced and very busy. I enjoyed the customers and the team I worked with. it was an easy gong place and was very balanced.

Awarding

high shrink

I love what I do

My typical work day consist of coming to work daily dosing and assisting clients. Making sure that my client has the best first experience in a lifetime. The hardest part of working at sephora would be when we dont have enough staff on the floor to help touch everyone. the most enjoyable part of my job is when i put a smile on my clients face, teaching them new techniques to add to thier makeup routine. I love my cast members we all work together and we are one anothers backbone.
Questa recensione è stata utile?

Scopri l'ambiente lavorativo di questa azienda!

Chiedi informazioni su lavoro e colloqui presso Sephora. I nostri utenti sono pronti ad aiutarti!Fai una domanda

Valutazione complessiva