U.S. Department of the Navy

RilevanzaValutazioneData
12 recensioni corrispondenti alla ricerca.Leggi tutte le 4.570 recensioni

A lifestyle

Recensione in evidenza su Indeed

La recensione più utile secondo Indeed
United States military/Navy is NOT for everyone Can be enriching and fulfilling Opportunities for living/visiting other nations Great advancement opportunities

Stable; great advancement opprotunities

Family separations
Questa recensione è stata utile?

Would do it all over again

The US Navy was a great experience for someone just out of high school. The opportunity to travel and see the world was a great benefit. I would do it all over again if I could.
Questa recensione è stata utile?

Serving my country in Naples, Italy.

Three of my first six years spent overseas. Pay was low at start but advancement was mostly up to your own hard work. A great place to start your career and decide what you want to be.

Travel, training.

Aspetti negativi

Time away from home, long hours.

Navy

Navy life is not for everyone, but if you choose to make it a career you will have the opportunity see the world, promote, take higher education, and keep fit.

Paid to travel

Time away from family

Great military branch

Fast pace environment working hard to defend our freedom. I wouldn't change it for anything. Got to see a bunch of the world, met a lot of great people that will impact your life.

Traveling, benefits

Lack of sleep, pay
Questa recensione è stata utile?

Valuta il tuo ultimo datore di lavoro

Condividi la tua esperienza per aiutare gli altri

U.S. Navy

What can I say ? I moved to America at the age of 5. From Belfast, N. Ireland. I went to school here, I am a legal resident, But I owed the country and joined the Navy. I served on The USS Puget Sound AD38. 6th Fleet Flag Ship in the Med. I was awarded the Expeditionary Medal for Beirut, Lebanon. Served 3.5 years in Gaeta Italy. I tried to join again after 9/11, but was just above the age limit. The most enjoyable part of the job, was serving the U.S.A !!

America

Questa recensione è stata utile?

Great duty stations and training

Train, train, and then train some more. When you get qualified on a position, you then immediately start training someone else. I learned that sycophants get very high evaluations, no matter how poorly they work traffic, while those of us with a little dignity get rated average, or slightly better. I also learned what working seven days a week for almost three years, and what that in turn does to your circadian rhythm. I also learned how to be an Air Traffic Controller, which was a big deal. Management was deplorable. Some of my co-workers became friends for life, while others, like the above mentioned sycophants, were barely tolerable to be around. The hardest part was working 7 days a week. The most enjoyable part of the job was the pride I felt serving in the Navy. I loved putting the uniform on and going to work, looking sharp.

Aspetti positivi

Great on-the-job training, staying in shape because of PT(physical training), meeting lifelong friends

Aspetti negativi

Corrupt management, horrendous schedule, ridiculous rating system
Questa recensione è stata utile?

A challenging and ever changing enviroment

US Navy is a fun job that does have its challenges. Love the travel and choice of duty stations. Sometimes you need to decide between great location or great job, and they even line up at times. Working some 18-20+ hours days with no compensation can be hard but is not the normal routine. A wide diversity of people to work with from all kinds of backgrounds and education levels which does make the work environment unique. You can make it a great opportunity and use it as stepping stones to get to where you want without having to step on anybody to get there.

Aspetti positivi

Job Security, retirement, travel, diversity of places to work, meeting all kinds of new people.

Aspetti negativi

Potentially extra long hours on salary pay with no compensation.
Questa recensione è stata utile?

Great place for employee development

A great place to work. Management allows employee to be innovative. Learned a number of new skills which will allow me to be a valuable asset to any organization.
Questa recensione è stata utile?

Demanding and great place to work

This was a demanding and wonderful opportunity to manage other people and work well under stress. Working for the U.S. Navy also gave me the opportunity to work and adapt to a diverse group of people, there is always something new to learn and new ways to develop effectiveness to other groups.

travel

Us navy

A normal day in the US navy does not exist, its an occupation that is always demanding of you and requires constant adaptation and teamwork. I am proud to have served and learned valuable skills. Some of those skills were punctuality, tact, respect, communication with a team and the ability to "think outside the box". The hardest job was having to work on and familiarize myself with new equipment and operating procedures at any moment but I can honestly say every time that it was also the most enjoyable part because I love the feeling of overcoming a problem.

benefits, job security, travel

work schedule

Outstanding Organization

This is a fun and rewarding place to work.There is much travel associated with working at the NAVEUR Band.
Questa recensione è stata utile?

Scopri l'ambiente lavorativo di questa azienda!

Chiedi informazioni su lavoro e colloqui presso U.S. Department of the Navy. I nostri utenti sono pronti ad aiutarti!Fai una domanda

Valutazione complessiva