Ricevi aggiornamenti settimanali, nuove offerte di lavoro e recensioni

Recensioni dei dipendenti UPS per Driver Assistant

Titolo
Driver Assistant2.801 recensioni
Località
Tutte
2.801 recensioni corrispondenti alla ricerca.
Leggi tutte le 41.990 recensioni
Ambiente lavorativo
Everything is rather disorganized, and you will not know whether or not you are working that day until you get a call in the morning. This job will tire your mind and legs.
Ambiente lavorativo
Being a driver helper is a seasonal job, Its fast past .I would be assigned to a driver the driver would then call me and give me a time and a meet up spot ,we were constantly on the go to each house delivering packages, you get short breaks . We try are hardest to clear the trucks before the end of are shift .
Aspetti positivi
Its a fun job, uses alot of your energy
Short breaks
Ambiente lavorativo
I had a good experience working there, their hours are very flexible and they are very friendly, helpful people, not working there no more because I had a seasonal job.
Ambiente lavorativo
Responsible for stocking UPS truck with the correct packages, sorting, assisting the driver with delivery, reassuring accuracy, timely arrival, and complying with all safety protocols while navigating through harsh winter weather. It helped build people skills, time management, accuracy of my work, forward thinking, commitment, and dedication to delivering Christmas packages!
Questa recensione è stata utile?
Valuta il tuo ultimo datore di lavoro
Condividi la tua esperienza per aiutare gli altri
Ambiente lavorativo
I really enjoyed doing the drivers helper position. I had a really great driver and we really hit it off. I found that to be a great thing because it was never a dull moment delivering packages. We could converse and laugh and still get our work done. We weren’t just riding around all day in silence. I wish there had been a permanent spot available, because I really would’ve enjoyed that position full time with my same driver
Aspetti positivi
Great driver, great hours, weekly pay
Aspetti negativi
Was only a seasonal position
Ambiente lavorativo
People there showed me how to do my job and pat was my driver was excellent . he did i good job . he made it easy for me. Sometimes i thought i would never get done but he pushed me and we got it done. I cant waite untill next season
Good pay.
Temporary
Ambiente lavorativo
If your ready and willing to put your best foot forward people are going to help you and want you to succeed and grow in the company.
If your willing to learn your driver will teach you the ropes and what it takes to fullfil your job duties and his job fully. Like I said this has to be something you really wanna do to show your dedication so you can grow in this company .and your ups family is always there to back you up no matter what.
Aspetti positivi
You will always receive help no matter what
Aspetti negativi
To me there are none it's about how you feel about your job and position.
Ambiente lavorativo
UPS is a great job, it helps you stay active. At UPS you also can get a lot of exercise while working. For example, carrying boxes house to house or loading the truck with putting the boxes on them. There many things I like about UPS, mostly because I like to be occupied & busy.
Ambiente lavorativo
A typical day working at UPS was a good learning experience. I learned a lot about time management. The hardest part of the job was finding the packages.
Ambiente lavorativo
Worked as a seasonal driver helper. The pay was very good but the whole process was very disorganized and a bit confusing on how they handled the helpers I believe it could have been handled better. Great short term job and it was easy work just wish they had a bit more structure.
Good pay
No organization
Ambiente lavorativo
It was overall a good job sometimes supervisors had a lot of pressure put on them so that pressure got transferred to us and we would be yelled at for little things.
short shifts
aggressive work environment
Ambiente lavorativo
I was a driver helper which is a seasonal position. I was lucky enough to be put with a driver with higher ranking and was able to get 40+ weekly. I knew a lot of driver helpers hours got dropped dramatically half way through the season. But try to contact your manager to see if they need help on a different route. This is a very physical job which I like. Great way to make quick money. But once the season was over I had to wait 2 months to reapply for a position.
Aspetti positivi
Never boring if you have a good driver.
Na
Ambiente lavorativo
The job was very nice they had us very well prepared and educated on what to do and my co worker aka my driver made sure I was always on task and new what I was doing.
Aspetti positivi
Free snacks every now and then
Scary dogs sometimes
Ambiente lavorativo
During the holidays is very busy and fast paced while taking on the role of a driver helper. Good opportunity for extra work if one would like more work.
2,0
Ambiente lavorativo
Worked as a driver helper for roughly 9 months. In the beginning it was managable and it did'nt rain so it was enjoyable. COVID-19 only exacerbated the problems that already existed with this job. The volume is unreasonable(in my opinion) for someone who is walking around all day. During peak I average around 65-90 stops. This might be less terrible if I was given a cart that was designed to be used in such a way. Instead I was given something that is barely functional. The wheels require a great deal of strength to turn at the beginning of the day when the load is the heaviest. The slightest bump and the whole cart rattles and shakes. Causing the packages to move and fall all over the sidewalk and streets etc. They do not provide you with anything to secure the packages in any way. I had to bring my own straps to try and avoid accidents such as these. Had I not had them, I doubt I would be able to do my job. Compounding these issues is the fact that they do not provide anything to cover the packages in the rain. They appear perfectly content to have the deliveries show up completely soaked. To sum up my overall experience, it has been negative. That being said, I've learned alot about patience and managing your expectations. If you're considering applying for this job, don't. It's not worth the stress and you will get no support to help you do your job.
Co-workers
Aspetti negativi
Mismanagement, lack of resources and support, feel like you don't have a voice
1,0
Ambiente lavorativo
The worst UPS site to work at. I have nothing good to say about that place. All the pre-loaders are miserable. It’s not worth the headaches.
The management doesn’t care about the employees.
Aspetti positivi
Benefits
Aspetti negativi
Prejudice
Ambiente lavorativo
Throughout my time as a driver helper at UPS I have met many customers Who we’re so uplifting and encouraging. On long 12 hour days those were the interactions that made it worth it, although the work can be physically draining it can be a lot of fun.
Ambiente lavorativo
Work is physical. Fast paced but fun. If you like to sit around and get paid to do nothing don’t even apply for this job. Flexible hours for part time
Aspetti positivi
Great people, exciting, fast paced. Flexible
Aspetti negativi
Low pay for seasonal employees.
Ambiente lavorativo
This position was a driver helper position, where I helped the driver I was assigned run packages to the doors during the holiday season. My drivers were all very nice and had great relationships with their customers.
Ambiente lavorativo
It's a fast paced job. You are constantly moving. But the pay and potential benefits seem to make it worth it. The hiring process for a seasonal driver helper is pretty easy. Your better off shaving since you can only have a mustache any way. But if hired, be prepared for the elements. And know you better where comfortable shoes or you will regret it. Only real negative, this was my second time working and did not receive many hours at all.
Exercise. Pay.
Aspetti negativi
Tough on your feet/back. Low hours.
Ambiente lavorativo
This was a fun job to work, especially as a driver helper during the season. You're out and about delivering packages. Drop offs and deliveries vary on location. Its active and can give you the workout for the day. There's more variety of what happens on the job and you can't expect the same every day. Advancement according to coworkers is great. Raises are generous and seniority is champion here.
Aspetti positivi
Advancement, pay, work environment, compensation and benefits are industry leading, what not to like about UPS, you get ackowledged for wearing the brown!
Aspetti negativi
It can be a lot but the company is aware, just a lot of business and work is never ending.