World Food Programme recensioni

19 recensioni corrispondenti alla ricerca Leggi tutte le 228 recensioni
Ordina per: Utilità | Valutazione | Data
Lack of direction
Communications Consultant (Ex dipendente) –  Provincia di Roma, Lazio31 agosto 2019
The team I was on had no leader for quite some time. So after the manager left I was given tasks outside my job description and things I had never don before.
Aspetti positivi
Potentially a lot to offer
Aspetti negativi
Bogged down in bureaucracy, lack of focus on the people who need to be helped in the field.
Ambiente lavorativo
Diverse and great place to learn from
Messenger (Dipendente attuale) –  Rome30 agosto 2019
The diversity of backgrounds that the employees at WFP come from, all working together in one environment in an ancient city like Rome is inspiring. All reunited to help the situation of food deprivation and hunger around the world makes working in this company purposeful and satisfying.
Engineering/administrative functions
Volunteer (Ex dipendente) –  Rome Italy16 maggio 2019
It was a privilege to work in a United Nations organization like World Food Programme.
The mandate of the Organization which is to help the poor made me aware of the plight of other human beings across the Globe.
Ambiente lavorativo
Un lavoro di impatto, carico di valore umano e professionale
Consultant (Ex dipendente) –  Roma, Lazio4 gennaio 2019
Ambiente veramente internazionale e rispettoso di ogni cultura, religione, costume. A livello lavorativo, grande impatto sia umano che professionale. Le forme contrattualistiche non sono ideali, seppur gli stipendi siano abbastanza piu' alti della media. Difficile far carriera.
Questa recensione è stata utile? 5NoSegnala
Environnement de travail agreable
Web Developer/Data Scientist (Ex dipendente) –  Provincia di Roma, Lazio23 novembre 2018
very challenging however a conducive please for professional growth
Questa recensione è stata utile? 2NoSegnala
Ambiente lavorativo
Humanitarian assistance to needy people
AREA COORDINATOR (Ex dipendente) –  Rome, Italy,19 novembre 2018
Though challenging in some circumstances working for World Food Programme was very beneficial to me as I could interact with many colleagues from various and different cultures. Thanks to this job, I traveled around the world, gained a broader perspective on human relations and sharpened my adaptability/flexibility skills.
One of the most enjoyable parts of the job with World Food Program, was to realize at which extent I could be able to help other people ( I did not know before) in a dire food security situation as a result of natural or man-made disasters.
Aspetti positivi
Free international travels and assistance to food insecure people
Aspetti negativi
Working sometimes in hardship locations
Questa recensione è stata utile? 4NoSegnala
Ambiente lavorativo
An organization providing necessary humanitarian and development aid
Communications Lead (Ex dipendente) –  Provincia di Roma, Lazio20 maggio 2018
This organization provides necessary humanitarian and development aid and is a great working environment for those who enjoy working at a fast pace for a great cause.
Questa recensione è stata utile? 5NoSegnala
International and dynamic workplace
Procurement Assistant (Ex dipendente) –  Rome, Italy20 marzo 2018
WFP is a dynamic and international workplace where people from all over the world come together in the effort to end world hunger. It was a wonderful experience and personally I was led by an exceptional manager.
benefits, fair leave
Aspetti negativi
no maternity if you do not have a certain type of contract
Questa recensione è stata utile? 7NoSegnala
2,0
Disappointing about workplace bullying
Consultant (Ex dipendente) –  Provincia di Roma, Lazio3 ottobre 2017
There are so many wonderful employees in this organization, and they are doing outstanding work. It is so disappointing that the workplace culture in the infrastructure office of the headquarters is toxic beyond belief. Some bullies make life difficult for everyone else. I would never ever want to work in that office again no matter how much I was paid. The African staff are wonderful and they deserve to be supported by better management.
Aspetti positivi
Staff gym, staff cafeteria, coffee machines, library
Workplace culture
Questa recensione è stata utile? 4NoSegnala
Ambiente lavorativo
WFP provides an international work environment with inspiring mission
Information Knowledge Management Team Leader (Dipendente attuale) –  Rome Italy5 febbraio 2017
Every organization has its culture that is associated with pros and cons. Despite challenges, it is my privileged to work for WFP which fights to end world hunger.
Inspiring mission
Mobility
Questa recensione è stata utile? 11No 6Segnala
Excelente ambiente internacional
Practicas Profesionales (Ex dipendente) –  Roma, Italia16 gennaio 2017
Excelente ambiente internacional de una ONG especialiazada en logística
Aspetti positivi
Buen equilibrio entre vida y trabajo
No prestaciones
Ambiente lavorativo
ambiente lavorativo multietnico e stimolante
Recruiting Clerk (Ex dipendente) –  Roma, Lazio4 gennaio 2017
ambiente multietnico, stimolante ed interessante...orari di lavoro ottimi e d ottimo il rapporto con colleghi
Aspetti positivi
utilizzo dell'emporio interno; assicurazione malattia
Contratti a tempo indeterminato
Ambiente lavorativo
Great place to work with large potential impact
Consultant (Ex dipendente) –  Rome, Italy24 agosto 2016
Highly recommend! Political and slower than corporate but not unexpectedly. Overall, great work/life balance, compensation, work structure (depending on your division), and supportive colleagues.
Questa recensione è stata utile? 2NoSegnala
Enjoyable Multicultual Experience, Challenging but Rewarding Work
RESEARCHER - MARKET AND RESEARCH ANALYST (Ex dipendente) –  Rome, Italy27 aprile 2015
- Enjoyed co-workers, who came from all over the world
- Challenging, but rewarding work
- Good Management and pleasant work environment
Ambiente lavorativo
International working environment. Meeting people with multi-cultural backgrounds
Project Assistant (Ex dipendente) –  Roma, LAZ26 febbraio 2015
What I like most about working for the World Food Program was the job I had in Recruitment. I love working with people and this job was particularly interesting because I met people from all over the world. I loved sharing their experiences with them and helping them adjust to a job change.
Working with people of different cultural backgrounds can be challenging. Misunderstandings occur, so it is important to be open-minded and to practice diplomacy at all times.
Aspetti positivi
Excellent benefits, paid time off. International working environment.
Aspetti negativi
working with supervisors with different cultural values can be challenging
Ambiente lavorativo
A busy and engaging work environment with a real sense of worth in what you do.
Junior Individual Giving Strategy Consultant (Dipendente attuale) –  Rome10 febbraio 2015
My typical day usually involves developing refining and driving the internal business cases for investment in individual fundraising acquisition,
retention and growth:
Leveraging existing internal knowledge plus external individual giving case studies and surveys to support the business cases
Speaking with counterparts at other global humanitarian organisations to gather relevant information such as investment levels, return on investment, individual market experiences, and channel best practices.
I learned how to test and analyse digital engagement and fundraising tactics with current channels/resources
Evaluating the effectiveness of email marketing campaigns and digital engagement initiatives to improve future performance.
Propose tests of existing techniques and channels (email, text-to-give, social media, etc.) to grow the size and value of the individual donor base, and begin implementation of approved tests, if/when feasible.
Identifying new approaches for successfully upselling individuals (i.e. donors to become monthly donors) and run initial tests to identify best performing methods.
My co-workers were as a whole passionate and enthusiastic. I loved the broad range of skills and backgrounds that exist at the WFP.
The hardest part of my job was making decisions upon which donor cases to favour.
The most enjoyable for me was when I had the opportunity to deal face-to-face with people. Be they colleagues or recipients out in the field.
Aspetti positivi
Transport, medical and meal allowance
Bureaucratic restrictions
Questa recensione è stata utile? 17No 5Segnala
stimulating and professional environment
Grants Officer (Ex dipendente) –  Roma, LAZ6 novembre 2014
complex, decentralized organization
with global reach from its international headquarters
Questa recensione è stata utile? 2No 7Segnala
Ambiente lavorativo
Various environment with people from any country of the world
IT consultant in LAN/WAN team (Dipendente attuale) –  Roma, LAZ13 giugno 2014
The environment is absolutely unique, with people from any country of the world working in the same building, thus letting you widen your horizons. In my division we have to support the network connectivity for over 400 offices, scattered everywhere but in particular in Africa, Middle East and South America. That is quite hard when issues come up simultaneously in more offices, and the troubleshooting involves also third parties like for example satellite or MPLS internet providers. I learned to deal with stress and people asking for help from anywhere.
I have just finished being involved in the Foodlink Project, which aims to improving the networks and IT resources in the over 400 offices all over the world. In particular, I dealt with the rollout of the new firewall in all the country offices, often working in emergencies and with people with any culture, background and education.
Also, working for the UN my net pay matches my gross pay, for international agreements, so I don't pay taxes
Aspetti negativi
I am still a consultant, so my benefits are limited
Questa recensione è stata utile? 5No 1Segnala

Vedi le altre recensioni su World Food Programme

Prova:

Richiedi l'amministrazione di questa pagina aziendale

Vuoi saperne di più su lavorare qui?

Fai una domanda su lavoro e colloqui presso World Food Programme. La nostra comunità è pronta a rispondere.

Fai una domanda